2019 Clippers Free Agency Thread (P. 3)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1278
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

I only see KD and Kawhi as max players. They are tier one alphas. Funny how Klay sees himself as a max guy. Klay is a 2nd or third option player. Klay has nothing on Tim Duncan. The Warrior players smell the team reaching it's past due date and are now thinking of bailing and getting paid big for their failure? They could take less money and fix their team but no. I guess they got their rings and that's all that matters. But would they really be hungry at their next stops once some desperate teams max them? So many of the free agents come with questions. The front office has some work ahead of them.


Keith
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 903

us.gif
votes: 8

Snafu wrote:
I only see KD and Kawhi as max players. They are tier one alphas. Funny how Klay sees himself as a max guy. Klay is a 2nd or third option player. Klay has nothing on Tim Duncan. The Warrior players smell the team reaching it's past due date and are now thinking of bailing and getting paid big for their failure? They could take less money and fix their team but no. I guess they got their rings and that's all that matters. But would they really be hungry at their next stops once some desperate teams max them? So many of the free agents come with questions. The front office has some work ahead of them.

Totally agree. I hope we follow a jerry west / Milwaukee model. No need to buy the third man off of a championship tram with max money. We will be in a real rut if we do.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1849
votes: 24

WickaBaskets wrote:
I would want Khawi, KD, and Klay, 2 of those three would be chill. Stay the F away from Jimmy Butler

I would normally agree with you on Butler but I'm kinda changing my tune on him after watching him in the playoffs. He's a gamer and goes all out. I don't think he would have any issues with our tough and grind it out bunch. Kawhi and KD might stay in their respected places when its all said and done


Redandblue
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 33
votes: 2

Is it interesting to anyone else that the arguably 3 best players in this post season are all pending free agents? I'm also feeling different about Butler this postseason, I don't think he is as toxic as he's made out to be. Any combination of those 3 on a team is scary!


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1278
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

So I hear that Lebron has been recruiting Kawhi and that he is considering joining the Lakers. The Lakers are a circus. Ty Lue turned down the Laker's offer today.

The league is crazy. The Clippers could well strike out on big names even after doing all the right things. The playoffs can't end fast enough for me.


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1278
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

Doesn't it feel like Donald ("T as in terrific" old local reference) Sterling is running the Lakers? Cheapskate city.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1695
votes: 9

Snafu wrote:
Doesn't it feel like Donald ("T as in terrific" old local reference) Sterling is running the Lakers? Cheapskate city.

Lol this what i keep telling to some of my Lakers friend, The basketball life in LA change after Jerry Buzz died and Balmer bought the Clippers, the Lakers right now is like the old Clippers during Donald Sterling era everything sucks.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 13106

rp.gif
votes: 59

Embiid’s soft play may persuade Kawhi to stay in Toronto. They’re one game away from ECf and I believe Raptors can offer more money to Kawhi


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1278
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

Well Kyrie is probably done in Boston.


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 744
votes: 10

Snafu wrote:
So I hear that Lebron has been recruiting Kawhi and that he is considering joining the Lakers. The Lakers are a circus. Ty Lue turned down the Laker's offer today.

The league is crazy. The Clippers could well strike out on big names even after doing all the right things. The playoffs can't end fast enough for me.

He could try to recruit all he wants. Kawhi ain’t going to some crap franchise that low balled Ty Lue and is listening to “Hollywood” people of trading Lebron. I believe the best the other team or Lebron, if he’s still there, can do is boogie cousins.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1849
votes: 24

Redandblue wrote:
Is it interesting to anyone else that the arguably 3 best players in this post season are all pending free agents? I'm also feeling different about Butler this postseason, I don't think he is as toxic as he's made out to be. Any combination of those 3 on a team is scary!

I think we definitely end up with Butler who I was really against cause of the stuff that was going on with him in Minnesota but he's balling out in the playoffs and it looks like Simmons and Embiid are not about improving their game and are way worse than Wiggins and Townes were in Minny. There's a Shamet story out there where when he was with Philly, and as a part of his rookie hazing, that he had to get 4 cookies & creme milkshakes for Embiid at the start of every road trip/fight they had this season. But yeah Butler really fits our hard working blue collar team that we have assembled right now. He won't have a problem with Trez, SGA, Shamet, Lou, Gallo, etc.

Of course I'm hoping for Kawhi or Durant but you never know what the hell is going to happen of the course of the next few weeks. Its gonna be really tough to lure Kawhi off the Raptors if they make the ECF or the NBA Finals. Durant is a wild card as well as Klay.. and I much rather role with SGA over a Kyrie without thinking twice about it. At worse I see us getting Butler which would be a huge upgrade at the three spot and should have us in the top 4 playoff wise next year.. Plus SGA, Trez, Shamet, and JRob taking the next step and leveling up. We're in excellent shape superstar free agent or not


Redandblue
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 33
votes: 2

I agree 100%, of course id take any of them on our team, but there's a small part of me that wants to ride with OUR guys next year. Then again, we could end up becoming Boston 2.0 next year too.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 8054
votes: 58

How much of Butler's problem was his personality and how much of it was his team?


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 744
votes: 10

Want To see how low could the lakers go?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bleacherrepo ... 8551325696

I see bigger turnouts at the park in the middle of a workday. 😂


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 758
votes: 15

Man that is cringe-y turned up to 11. And hilarious.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7475

us.gif
votes: 46

Redandblue wrote:
I agree 100%, of course id take any of them on our team, but there's a small part of me that wants to ride with OUR guys next year. Then again, we could end up becoming Boston 2.0 next year too.
that's an excellent point. Although we had a great year considering the makeup of our team, we can't expect to have similar luck again. We have a lot of players that are prone to injury and a lot of other guys on their second year. We cannot get too overconfident.


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 744
votes: 10

Griffinforpresident wrote:
Want To see how low could the lakers go?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bleacherrepo ... 8551325696

I see bigger turnouts at the park in the middle of a workday. 😂

Just to get a wider view....

https://mobile.twitter.com/ringernba/st ... frame.html


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 8054
votes: 58

A rant.

I'm so fu*king tired of players controlling their own destinations thereby creating Super Teams. KD, Kyrie and AD as example. Each team should be limited to two "superstars". Sorry KD, it's Kyrie or AD not both. A player can't lower his salary unless it's to re sign with his present team. The salary cap should be adjusted so poorer teams get more money. They can offer to build a good team around the "super stars". There would be parity, not Super teams and teams that suck. Everybody wants to leave like N. Orleans. Give them incentive to stay. The food is great and I once had a Cajun girlfriend, worth the stay. Like us or GSW you can keep what you grew.

If you have instant replay and get rid of the three point shot so that they can play REAL basketball it will be a much funner league. Won't happen.


WickaBaskets
Clipper Starter
Posts: 262

us.gif
votes: 6

Vegas has clippers at second best odds in the West to win the championship next year in 2020. My question is what do they know that the public does not??? Or is this just to get people to throw their money on that bed and then clippers come nowhere close to the championship and its free money for Vegas? Warriors +200 and clippers +1200. side note lakers are +2000


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 744
votes: 10

WickaBaskets wrote:
Vegas has clippers at second best odds in the West to win the championship next year in 2020. My question is what do they know that the public does not??? Or is this just to get people to throw their money on that bed and then clippers come nowhere close to the championship and its free money for Vegas? Warriors +200 and clippers +1200. side note lakers are +2000

The clippers are 2nd at +1200?!?!

😂


WickaBaskets
Clipper Starter
Posts: 262

us.gif
votes: 6

Griffinforpresident wrote:
The clippers are 2nd at +1200?!?!

😂

Yes!!! in the West only. But still, hell yes lol


cisco805
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1497
votes: 10

Griffinforpresident wrote:
The clippers are 2nd at +1200?!?!

😂

Saw that this morning in a morning show after undisputed. But the host said the clippers are just well the clippers and he doesn’t have high hopes for us......he said we are just that “the clippers”. Man still not giving us credit. Smh!


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 744
votes: 10

cisco805 wrote:
Saw that this morning in a morning show after undisputed. But the host said the clippers are just well the clippers and he doesn’t have high hopes for us......he said we are just that “the clippers”. Man still not giving us credit. Smh!

My guess was that you were listening on an espn show. I refuse to listen to 710 because they are heavily bias against the clippers. Station 570 at least acknowledges the clippers in a positive attitude.


cisco805
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1497
votes: 10

Griffinforpresident wrote:
My guess was that you were listening on an espn show. I refuse to listen to 710 because they are heavily bias against the clippers. Station 570 at least acknowledges the clippers in a positive attitude.

I just remember it was Colin Cowherd on “The Herd Show”


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 744
votes: 10

cisco805 wrote:
I just remember it was Colin Cowherd on “The Herd Show”

Oh that guy. He’s on 570. I also heard what he said this morning. He usually gives the clippers props especially their management. However, this morning he was very condescending in comparison to the warriors dynasty. As long as he continues to refer the Lakers as a joke, I’m all good.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6721
votes: 43

WickaBaskets wrote:
Vegas has clippers at second best odds in the West to win the championship next year in 2020. My question is what do they know that the public does not??? Or is this just to get people to throw their money on that bed and then clippers come nowhere close to the championship and its free money for Vegas? Warriors +200 and clippers +1200. side note lakers are +2000

I think it's clippers at +2000 for the title and +1200 to win the west. Still crazy that we haven't even signed a big player and they are putting us that high up. Going to put $100 on the clipps in the off-season


cisco805
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1497
votes: 10

Griffinforpresident wrote:
Oh that guy. He’s on 570. I also heard what he said this morning. He usually gives the clippers props especially their management. However, this morning he was very condescending in comparison to the warriors dynasty. As long as he continues to refer the Lakers as a joke, I’m all good.

True that!! Lol. Man it will very interesting this off season. First, we thought KD to clippers but then it got reverted to KD to knicks but that got shot down. Now with KL and the raptors winning two games seems like he might have something to stay for up north. Maybe Ballmer should talk to all the restaurant owners and also offer Kawhi free meals, free Uber, and maybe some beach babes. 😂😂

I was still laughing they have all that in Toronto just to keep him happy there. Wonder if he has take any free meals so far?? 😂😂


KP
Clipper Starter
Posts: 337
votes: 5

What do we do if we don’t get KD or Kawhi?

I really don’t want to rely on gallo staying healthy again 🤦🏽‍♂️

Outside of “maybe” Jimmy Butler I can't even think of any free agents I want, unless trade is an option... I still wish we took micheal porter jr instead of Robinson

But to the main point, would we want to roll the dice on cousins??

Hmm, I’m starting to see a path where both kawhi and kd stay, I mean if kawhi beats the warriors without kd I think they both stay, our front office I’m sure sees that as well


Mistwell3
Clipper Starter
Posts: 652
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 15

If we don't get the top free agents in my opinion we should look at a combination of "good" but not "great" guys to add to the team on more value contracts. Guys like Harrison Barnes, Malcolm Brogdon, Nikola Mirotic, Terrence Ross, Kelly Oubre Jr., etc..


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7475

us.gif
votes: 46

Mistwell3 wrote:
If we don't get the top free agents in my opinion we should look at a combination of "good" but not "great" guys to add to the team on more value contracts. Guys like Harrison Barnes, Malcolm Brogdon, Nikola Mirotic, Terrence Ross, Kelly Oubre Jr., etc..
we ought to look for more young guys like we did in Shamet


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 7475

us.gif
votes: 46

KP wrote:
What do we do if we don’t get KD or Kawhi?

I really don’t want to rely on Gallo staying healthy again 🤦🏽‍♂️

Outside of “maybe” Jimmy Butler I can't even think of any free agents I want, unless trade is an option... I still wish we took micheal porter jr instead of Robinson

But to the main point, would we want to roll the dice on cousins??

Hmm, I’m starting to see a path where both kawhi and kd stay, I mean if kawhi beats the warriors without kd I think they both stay, our front office I’m sure sees that as well

we may come out without either. Yes, relying on Gallo is fool's gold. I hope we try and get a pick for him. But this will be interesting to see what we do if KD and KL decide to stay put. Free agency can't come cone quick enough


FabClips
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 11
Location: Italy
it.gif
votes: 2


Repped High Quality Post

My ideal 15 men roster for this summer if we can't land a TOP Tier FA is the following:

SGA - Beverly - Ty Wallace

Shamet - Lou - Jerome

Kelly Oubre Jr - Sindarius - Kris Wilkes

Gallo - JaMychal - Motley

Zubac - Harrel - Delgado

Trade some 2 round picks to get a late 1 round pick and select a G/F like Kris Wilkes.

We have a niiice starting five with 2 Sixth men in Lou and Harrell plus Beverly and some youth.

We will not compete for the ring NOW but we can maximize the chance to improve our best rookies and of course our future, without compromizing our flexibility.

What do you think?


Mistwell3
Clipper Starter
Posts: 652
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 15

I'd be fine with that but I hope we can do better.

I'd like to trade Gallo and Sixers Pick to Atlanta for Taurean Prince, freeing the cap space for two big free agents and enough to re-sign Beverley (and Green and Zubac with exceptions).

SGA - Beverly - Ty Wallace

Shamet - Lou - Jerome

Kawhi Leonard - Taurean Prince

Kevin Durant - JaMychal - Motley

Zubac - Harrel - Delgado

Zubac remains a weakness in that lineup. I am hoping he can improve over the summer.

Anyway, that's pretty much my dream off-season


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7475

us.gif
votes: 46

FabClips wrote:
My ideal 15 men roster for this summer if we can't land a TOP Tier FA is the following:

SGA - Beverly - Ty Wallace

Shamet - Lou - Jerome

Kelly Oubre Jr - Sindarius - Kris Wilkes

Gallo - JaMychal - Motley

Zubac - Harrel - Delgado

Trade some 2 round picks to get a late 1 round pick and select a G/F like Kris Wilkes.

We have a niiice starting five with 2 Sixth men in Lou and Harrell plus Beverly and some youth.

We will not compete for the ring NOW but we can maximize the chance to improve our best rookies and of course our future, without compromizing our flexibility.

What do you think?

excellent. If we can't land a top FA, then don't hand out max money to someone we will regret in the future. Getting more picks is never a bad thing


FabClips
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 11
Location: Italy
it.gif
votes: 2

Sure, we will still have the power to add big names in the future, I don't want to pay someone just because we have money, and I personally like KOJ, he is young and I think he has nice potential, like a young gallo, I think he could fit well with us.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 8054
votes: 58

Wallace and Bev really aren't PG's and Ty can't shoot.


roflm8123
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 108
votes: 1

FabClips wrote:
My ideal 15 men roster for this summer if we can't land a TOP Tier FA is the following:

SGA - Beverly - Ty Wallace

Shamet - Lou - Jerome

Kelly Oubre Jr - Sindarius - Kris Wilkes

Gallo - JaMychal - Motley

Zubac - Harrel - Delgado

Trade some 2 round picks to get a late 1 round pick and select a G/F like Kris Wilkes.

We have a niiice starting five with 2 Sixth men in Lou and Harrell plus Beverly and some youth.

We will not compete for the ring NOW but we can maximize the chance to improve our best rookies and of course our future, without compromizing our flexibility.

What do you think?

Love if it we could sign Oubre, but he's a restricted FA and i'm 100 percent sure the suns will match any reasonable offer, and I doubt we overpay for him to force the suns hand.


clipper*joe
CNS Champion Ultra
Posts: 20478
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 159

FabClips wrote:
Sure, we will still have the power to add big names in the future, I don't want to pay someone just because we have money, and I personally like KOJ, he is young and I think he has nice potential, like a young gallo, I think he could fit well with us.

100% agree with the large bold part of your post.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7475

us.gif
votes: 46

Kawhi is staying put in Toronto folks. Good for them. I will root for them to win it all. Go Raptors!


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3665
votes: 29

I guess we’ll have to settle for Durant lol


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 744
votes: 10

pageC4 wrote:
Kawhi is staying put in Toronto folks. Good for them. I will root for them to win it all. Go Raptors!

If he stays, I’m rooting hard for bucks and sixers to get even better while raptors get older.


proverbs
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 73
votes: 7

proverbs wrote:
Imagine how legendary it would be if he leads the Raptors to a championship, a team that has never been to an NBA finals. Then he signs with the Clippers the following year and leads us to a championship, a franchise that has never even been to the conference finals. NOW, THAT WOULD BE LEGENDARY.

clipperboy24 wrote:
Wow, my mind is blown! That would be insane. Either way would just love to have Kawhi on the Clippers

If this actually happens, Kawhi will be the GOAT.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 8054
votes: 58

proverbs wrote:
If this actually happens, Kawhi will be the GOAT.

Sorry, not even close The Archangel Michael, King James, Wilt, Russell, Oscar. Malone, Jabaar, Magic etc. Wilt and Russell would have shoved the ball in his face.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3665
votes: 29

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Sorry, not even close The Archangel Michael, King James, Wilt, Russell, Oscar. Malone, Jabaar, Magic etc. Wilt and Russell would have shoved the ball in his face.

Gotta disagree. If Kawhi gets rings with 2 cursed franchises, he’s GOAT.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7475

us.gif
votes: 46

sz123456 wrote:
Gotta disagree. If Kawhi gets rings with 2 cursed franchises, he’s GOAT.
This is truth


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 988
votes: 9

pageC4 wrote:
Kawhi is staying put in Toronto folks. Good for them. I will root for them to win it all. Go Raptors!
What do you think happens if they get swept? He may think he’s got a better chance with a team that gave Dubs a hard time.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 988
votes: 9

pageC4 wrote:
This is truth
Nah ... let’s not get carried away.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3665
votes: 29

Dirtydunks wrote:
What do you think happens if they get swept? He may think he’s got a better chance with a team that gave Dubs a hard time.

Toronto has vets ready to win. If they steal game 1 or 2, they’d be the favorites in my mind. KD still hasn’t begun on-court activities. Bringing him back is gonna mess with team chemistry, and they’ll have to overplay him to keep him happy (they still think there’s a chance he stays).

Win or lose, I’m confident Kawhi’s leaving. Toronto’s roster will only get worse. Gasol, Ibaka and Lowry won’t age well. Better to go with the Clippers young nucleus.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 13106

rp.gif
votes: 59

sz123456 wrote:
Toronto has vets ready to win. If they steal game 1 or 2, they’d be the favorites in my mind. KD still hasn’t begun on-court activities. Bringing him back is gonna mess with team chemistry, and they’ll have to overplay him to keep him happy (they still think there’s a chance he stays).

Win or lose, I’m confident Kawhi’s leaving. Toronto’s roster will only get worse. Gasol, Ibaka and Lowry won’t age well. Better to go with the Clippers young nucleus.

Ibaka’s resurgence surprised me the most. I thought he was done after Orlando


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1849
votes: 24

sz123456 wrote:
Toronto has vets ready to win. If they steal game 1 or 2, they’d be the favorites in my mind. KD still hasn’t begun on-court activities. Bringing him back is gonna mess with team chemistry, and they’ll have to overplay him to keep him happy (they still think there’s a chance he stays).

Win or lose, I’m confident Kawhi’s leaving. Toronto’s roster will only get worse. Gasol, Ibaka and Lowry won’t age well. Better to go with the Clippers young nucleus.

How you figure? He's about to be crwoned a prince in Canada. He knows what he has up there now. The entire Toronto region is catering to his entire family. He's gonna come out here and join us and Laker fans might boo him at Dodger Stadium. 710am, the Lakers channel, tries to act like we don't exist, in other words Laker bullsh*t and push back.


Options Quick Reply: RE: 2019 Clippers Free Agency Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!