Free Agents for 2018-2019

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 288
votes: 1

Now with Austin gone, DJ gone , and most likely Milos gone what players do you guys think Clippers should target? Clippers will mostly be handing out one year deals. Also think CJ will be cut and only Beverly will be picked up.

One player I think might not be bad would be Jabari Parker. This especially if Montrell doesn’t resign with us.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6560

us.gif
votes: 39

LA_Clipper818 wrote:
Now with Austin gone, DJ gone , and most likely Milos gone what players do you guys think Clippers should target? Clippers will mostly be handing out one year deals. Also think CJ will be cut and only Beverly will be picked up.

One player I think might not be bad would be Jabari Parker. This especially if Montrell doesn’t resign with us.

I think what the clippers should be doing is trading away Beverley, Teodosic, Bradley, Gallinari, Gortat...trade them all trade them for picks. Meanwhile, we should not try for anyone major just yet. We should however, consider young players on their rookie contracts that didn't pan out on other teams. What I mean by this is look for guys like Victor Oladipo, guys that took longer to develop than what their previous team was willing to wait, give them a shot here and hopefully get lucky and cash in on them. With rookies, sometimes it takes longer than a year or two and teams may make the mistake of letting them go early. There are some examples of this even recently like us getting rid of Bullock too early and Detroit cashing in on that.


chhimmychhunga
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 57
votes: 0

We're clearly set on guards so I'd like to see the Clippers aim for a SF, PF or C, but no need to waste our money this year though if we could potentially open up 2 max slots next year. So I think the Clippers should target young players that would come cheaper. They can come off the bench for us to start and eventually try to work they're way into a starting role or heavy rotation role. Players like:

  • Mario Hezonja

  • Nerleans Noel

  • Nemanja Bjelica

  • Alex Len

  • Jalil Okafor

I would love to take a shot at Jabari as I still think he's got some potential to be special, but he's going to command a lot of money and a bit redundant since we have Tobias/Gallo. If we could somehow move Gallo for a S&T Jabari and Filler, that would be ideal.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5730
votes: 90

pageC4 wrote:
I think what the clippers should be doing is trading away Beverley, Teodosic, Bradley, Gallinari, Gortat...trade them all trade them for picks. Meanwhile, we should not try for anyone major just yet. We should however, consider young players on their rookie contracts that didn't pan out on other teams. What I mean by this is look for guys like Victor Oladipo, guys that took longer to develop than what their previous team was willing to wait, give them a shot here and hopefully get lucky and cash in on them. With rookies, sometimes it takes longer than a year or two and teams may make the mistake of letting them go early. There are some examples of this even recently like us getting rid of Bullock too early and Detroit cashing in on that.

I'm buying this plan. Get West on the phone.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6560

us.gif
votes: 39

SamMays wrote:
I'm buying this plan. Get West on the phone.
I'm going to Vegas next week. I haven't been this interested in one of our picks in a while. West has a great track record, so we will see his judgement. Robinson was largely ignored. In fact many writers think we committed a grave error and thought he could have been gotten very late in round one. While SGAs skills and potential are well known Robinson has the potential to surprise everyone. If these two end up being any good then we have a start on a new future.

The NBA is always full if mystery, but one thing you cannot do is assume things and not try. For example, there is a common misconception that picks after the 5th are not reliable but we see that even when reevaluating prior drafts some of the 6-14 picks end up being better than the overall first, and some players take longer to develop, which may leave them to be jettisoned by impatient front offices. We also have sleeper 2nd round picks. This is the beauty of our situation: Blake, Chris, Redick, Crawford, and Jordan are all gone...this is our time to take chances on players that other teams are unwilling to. We have absolutely nothing to lose, and even if this plan fails a losing record will just ensure we keep the pick and add to our young core.

FWIW I think Jerry showed some signs of wanting to take these chances on forgotten guys like Wallace. I saw him in Ontario, and while he's not a franchise changer, he's a solid role player that is testament to the "forgotten markets":the g-league players and 2nd rounders that teams quit on. We also in a way did that with Milos...what a true general we have leading the charge now


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7391
votes: 52

We should have never let DJ go. He was the key to our team. I'm done being sentimental.

pageC4 spot on. One thing everybody is ignoring. The fact that we have $ for two max players is meaningless. If we had the cash would LBJ and Leonard come here? No. We have two good players, Harris and Lou that's it. Trezz is a work in progress. We have one starter and Gortat. We are going to have to be like GSW and develop. Out of the group of youngsters we should have two good ones. If we have a core, in 2 years things will be different. We may have a max quality player cheap like Steph. If we tank, good guys are less likely to come. Who wants a team that raised the white flag? If we give the good fight we'll be respected. Anyway I'd rather develop our our own on principle - bragging rights. You forgot Wes

I have a good feeling, I'm a real optometrist. Maybe we can get upgrades for the games.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5730
votes: 90

If Wallace can become a good outside shooter he can become a starting caliber NBA guard.


rick3262
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 56
votes: 4

I've talked about wanting Nikola Vucevic. I was hoping that we could've traded Austin Rivers' expiring contract for him. Instead, we traded him for Marcin Gortat. Having said that, we still need another center. I wouldn't mind trading Milos Teodosic + Wes Johnson for Nikola Vucevic's expiring contract.

We end up with Nikola Vucevic, Marcin Gortat, Boban Marzanovic at center.

We end up with Montrezl Harrell, Danilo Gallinari, Sam Dekker at power forward.

We end up with Tobias Harris, Sindarius Thornwell, CJ Williams at small forward

We look weak any way that you look at it.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5537
votes: 40

chhimmychhunga wrote:
We're clearly set on guards so I'd like to see the Clippers aim for a SF, PF or C, but no need to waste our money this year though if we could potentially open up 2 max slots next year. So I think the Clippers should target young players that would come cheaper. They can come off the bench for us to start and eventually try to work they're way into a starting role or heavy rotation role. Players like:

  • Mario Hezonja

  • Nerleans Noel

  • Nemanja Bjelica

  • Alex Len

  • Jalil Okafor

I would love to take a shot at Jabari as I still think he's got some potential to be special, but he's going to command a lot of money and a bit redundant since we have Tobias/Gallo. If we could somehow move Gallo for a S&T Jabari and Filler, that would be ideal.

Len could work for cheap. But Nemanja Bjelica would be a great addition. He doesn’t get enough playing time in Minnesota and we could really use his outside shooting, not a bad rebounder either


laboy
Clipper Starter
Posts: 867
votes: 6

We have our team from last year, minus little rivers and D.L. We missed the playoffs by a few games. We had 4 starters out at one point last year! We have a new assistant coach from Toronto who will improve our defense! Jerry West is building this team. Time for those other teams to watch and weep!!! Watch us most improved team next year! Watch our coach of the year! THIS IS OUR TIME!!!!!

CLIPPER NATION ....Our Championship roster is being created!


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3416
votes: 24

Assuming we don't get Kawhi etc., we should try to entice Avery Bradley to sign a 1 and 1 deal. The guy has value and he can't demand that much on the open market after his injury. Could be a nice trade chip come deadline time.


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 2977
votes: 10

pageC4 wrote:
I think what the clippers should be doing is trading away Beverley, Teodosic, Bradley, Gallinari, Gortat...trade them all trade them for picks. Meanwhile, we should not try for anyone major just yet. We should however, consider young players on their rookie contracts that didn't pan out on other teams. What I mean by this is look for guys like Victor Oladipo, guys that took longer to develop than what their previous team was willing to wait, give them a shot here and hopefully get lucky and cash in on them. With rookies, sometimes it takes longer than a year or two and teams may make the mistake of letting them go early. There are some examples of this even recently like us getting rid of Bullock too early and Detroit cashing in on that.
We didn't miss anything on Reggie Bullock, statistically he's roughly the same as Wes Johnson, a dime a dozen type player.


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 653
votes: 4

sz123456 wrote:
Assuming we don't get Kawhi etc., we should try to entice Avery Bradley to sign a 1 and 1 deal. The guy has value and he can't demand that much on the open market after his injury. Could be a nice trade chip come deadline time.

The clippers are leaning towards resigning Bradley. We do need defense and he has proven to be a very good defender.


bebe
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1495
votes: 6

I've always wanted Boogie Cousins to come to the Clippers. He's tough, aggressive, great defense and offense. Kawhi Leonard would also be a great contributor.

Go Clippers

The Nevada Fans


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6560

us.gif
votes: 39

SamMays wrote:
If Wallace can become a good outside shooter he can become a starting caliber NBA guard.
in the event he does not be can still be a great role player even as is. We should look to lock him up on a cheap contract


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1144
votes: 16

laboy wrote:
We have our team from last year, minus little rivers and D.L. We missed the playoffs by a few games. We had 4 starters out at one point last year! We have a new assistant coach from Toronto who will improve our defense! Jerry West is building this team. Time for those other teams to watch and weep!!! Watch us most improved team next year! Watch our coach of the year! THIS IS OUR TIME!!!!!

CLIPPER NATION ....Our Championship roster is being created!

Bravo! This guy gets it!

-Plus didn't we lose like 9 straight with our stars Blake and DJ leading the charge? That was what kept us out of the playoffs last season. I'm trusting Jerry. I feel he's got us on the right path


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11524

rp.gif
votes: 48

LOL at all the excitement. By the time December hits, I am predicting that his place will be a ghost town. Last season when the team was going on their losing streak there’s like 2-3 replies on game thread. The idea of rebuilding is fun but the reality is people just stop watching the team until they’re ready to compete again


Keith
Clipper Starter
Posts: 889

us.gif
votes: 8

jarca wrote:
LOL at all the excitement. By the time December hits, I am predicting that his place will be a ghost town. Last season when the team was going on their losing streak there’s like 2-3 replies on game thread. The idea of rebuilding is fun but the reality is people just stop watching the team until they’re ready to compete again

I’d rather watch us suck as we rebuild, then watch generational athletic talent spend all season bitching at refs and bouncing out of the first and second round for years. But that’s just me though Smile


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 288
votes: 1

jarca wrote:
LOL at all the excitement. By the time December hits, I am predicting that his place will be a ghost town. Last season when the team was going on their losing streak there’s like 2-3 replies on game thread. The idea of rebuilding is fun but the reality is people just stop watching the team until they’re ready to compete again

LOL! Never that on my side. I’ve been following the Clippers since the Piatkowski , Q Rich, D Miles, etc. and I’ve been through this before. Still stuck through it and enjoyed watching my team. I even watched when Rick Brunson was our PG haha. However I haven’t been this excited about our rookies since Shaun Livingston.


clippers88
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 29
votes: 2

Keith wrote:
I’d rather watch us suck as we rebuild, then watch generational athletic talent spend all season bitching at refs and bouncing out of the first and second round for years. But that’s just me though Smile

Loser mentality right here. But hey we should be used to it as Clippers fans.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19863
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 149


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 2977
votes: 10

bebe wrote:
I've always wanted Boogie Cousins to come to the Clippers. He's tough, aggressive, great defense and offense. Kawhi Leonard would also be a great contributor.

Go Clippers

The Nevada Fans

Cousins wouldn't be worth the money coming off an Achilles tear. There's only been one NBA player to return to playing at a high level after that injury, the rest have been either severely diminished or had to retire. The Clippers current situation doesn't necessitate taking that kind of gamble.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1144
votes: 16

jarca wrote:
LOL at all the excitement. By the time December hits, I am predicting that his place will be a ghost town. Last season when the team was going on their losing streak there’s like 2-3 replies on game thread. The idea of rebuilding is fun but the reality is people just stop watching the team until they’re ready to compete again

Noted.. I'm going to hold you to this statement. You sound like a casual nba fan and you assume the rest of us are casuals as well. I'm always watching the Clipps in the best and worst of seasons


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1144
votes: 16

clippers88 wrote:
Loser mentality right here. But hey we should be used to it as Clippers fans.

How is that a loser mentality? Non of us in here are part of the front office unless a exec is here with a burner account. We're only cheering on what the front office gives us to cheer on. If its a Big 3 and parts then that is what we roll with. Now its the youth and the future so that's what we're rollin' with now. Both are fun imo baring that the future is bright of course.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11524

rp.gif
votes: 48

Clemenza wrote:
Noted.. I'm going to hold you to this statement. You sound like a casual nba fan and you assume the rest of us are casuals as well. I'm always watching the Clipps in the best and worst of seasons

Short memory? You forgot how this board was around the time Blake and Milo went down and we lost 8-9 games in a row. It was a ghost town


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5421
votes: 44

clipfan63 wrote:
We didn't miss anything on Reggie Bullock, statistically he's roughly the same as Wes Johnson, a dime a dozen type player.

Wes Johnson is shooting 44% from 3?? Clearly you didn’t watch Bullock this season. He is good. We could def use him. Way better than garbage ass Wes.


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 2977
votes: 10

Wes Johnson

ADJP48 .206

WP48. .105

Wins produced. 3.2

Points. 13.0

Def Rebounds. 6.0

Reggie Bullock

ADJP48. .264

WP48. .163

Wins produced. 5.9

Points. 19.3

Def Rebounds 3.5

Looks pretty similar to me, but maybe that's just me.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7391
votes: 52

A team that loses and losers are different. We used to be losers, now we will be a team that loses. We can't be so bummed because we may not win a lot but that's how things work, in cycles. except SAS. how many teams have gone through this? Letting DJ go was part of a strategic retreat, not weakness. I don't care what happens next year as long as the guys play hard and work on their games. Drafting and trading well should make us competitive in 2 years. We have no trash players except Wes. We have no "Boogie Cousins attitude". The last thing I want is somebody who will not be as good in 3 years as they are now.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5421
votes: 44

clipfan63 wrote:
Wes Johnson

ADJP48 .206

WP48. .105

Wins produced. 3.2

Points. 13.0

Def Rebounds. 6.0

Reggie Bullock

ADJP48. .264

WP48. .163

Wins produced. 5.9

Points. 19.3

Def Rebounds 3.5

Looks pretty similar to me, but maybe that's just me.

Yea it’s just you. That’s the problem with the era pure stat fans. Don’t really understand he game of b-ball. Think you can just plug in data with no context and think they can come to intelligent conclusions.

Bullock averaged 11 ppg shooting 44% from 3

Wes averaged 5 ppg shooting 33% from 3.

Wes is Garbage. Bullock is one of the best set shooters in the nba.

If you think they are similar and can impact a team the same you don’t know basketball.

Which one would have helped Lebron on Cleveland? Wes Johnson shooting 33% from 3? Or a guy shooting 44%?


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 2977
votes: 10

ClipperPostman wrote:
Yea it’s just you. That’s the problem with the era pure stat fans. Don’t really understand he game of b-ball. Think you can just plug in data with no context and think they can come to intelligent conclusions.

Bullock averaged 11 ppg shooting 44% from 3

Wes averaged 5 ppg shooting 33% from 3.

Wes is Garbage. Bullock is one of the best set shooters in the nba.

If you think they are similar and can impact a team the same you don’t know basketball.

Which one would have helped Lebron on Cleveland? Wes Johnson shooting 33% from 3? Or a guy shooting 44%?

Neither one is a high impact player, and that's exactly what the stats reflect.


LuvMeSumMEE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 832

aq.gif
votes: 7

How did we get suckered into taking Gallo, and how do we get him out of here? Is there anyone who costs more and plays less? Frustrating....


laboy
Clipper Starter
Posts: 867
votes: 6

Wes is the best shot blocker on the team now that D.J. is gone.. Maybe he can mature over the summer since he is the longest clipper here too! And an example of a high draft pic not achieving expectations.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19863
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 149

laboy wrote:
Wes is the best shot blocker on the team now that D.J. is gone.. Maybe he can mature over the summer since he is the longest clipper here too! And an example of a high draft pic not achieving expectations.

Wasn't Wes our best shot blocker last season? I know he was leader for most of the year. Too lazy to look...


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5537
votes: 40

jarca wrote:
Short memory? You forgot how this board was around the time Blake and Milo went down and we lost 8-9 games in a row. It was a ghost town

It was shocking how slow the site got. I was still posting but it was sad to see how he game threads had almost no interest.

The other thing was a couple poster were just dominating the board arguing and doing data and word dumps to try and support their opinion. One of those posters is gone the other one is still here and toned it down a lot.

I think this year will be different with our really exciting rookies


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5537
votes: 40

clipfan63 wrote:
Wes Johnson

ADJP48 .206

WP48. .105

Wins produced. 3.2

Points. 13.0

Def Rebounds. 6.0

Reggie Bullock

ADJP48. .264

WP48. .163

Wins produced. 5.9

Points. 19.3

Def Rebounds 3.5

Looks pretty similar to me, but maybe that's just me.

Lol, Bullock is double on some of those numbers you posted. His numbers look much better


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11524

rp.gif
votes: 48

clipperboy24 wrote:
It was shocking how slow the site got. I was still posting but it was sad to see how he game threads had almost no interest.

The other thing was a couple poster were just dominating the board arguing and doing data and word dumps to try and support their opinion. One of those posters is gone the other one is still here and toned it down a lot.

I think this year will be different with our really exciting rookies

Where’s Tense2 at? Hope he is alright. I disagree with him at times but kinda sucks when old timers leave


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6560

us.gif
votes: 39

clipper*joe wrote:
Cole, damn I miss that big guy


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 2977
votes: 10

clipperboy24 wrote:
Lol, Bullock is double on some of those numbers you posted. His numbers look much better
I don't know where you're looking, but those are his advanced stats for 2017-2018. Maybe you're looking at a raw stats site.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19863
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 149

jarca wrote:
Where’s Tense2 at? Hope he is alright. I disagree with him at times but kinda sucks when old timers leave

I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5537
votes: 40

clipfan63 wrote:
I don't know where you're looking, but those are his advanced stats for 2017-2018. Maybe you're looking at a raw stats site.

I’m just looking at the numbers you posted.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19863
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 149


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19863
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 149


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 653
votes: 12

The KCP meeting makes me wonder if Lou is in the way out


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 489
votes: 6

CP signs 4 years 160 million.

Yikes


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3378
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Clips to meet Avery Bradley 😉


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1004
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 6

Griffinforpresident wrote:
CP signs 4 years 160 million.

Yikes

I hope Houston enjoys 4 more years of injury frustration.

DJ got one year for $24.1 million from the Mavs.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19863
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 149


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 489
votes: 6


Repped High Quality Post

Snafu wrote:
I hope Houston enjoys 4 more years of injury frustration.

DJ got one year for $24.1 million from the Mavs.

So basically, DJ still got paid the same.

Good for him but good luck to the Mavs figuring out his limitations and future contract negotiations.


bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 909
votes: 8

Laughing at Lakers fans. Last year, PG wanted to be traded to the Lakers and the Lakers got cocky. They said they would not trade for him and wait for him to come as a free agent so they don't have to give up assets. That trade would have almost guaranteed LeBron going there. Now, who knows.


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1004
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 6

Clippers meeting with KCP and Bradley. The team is drowning in guards. What are the Clippers thinking? Are Lou and Pat on the way out?


Options Quick Reply: RE: Free Agents for 2018-2019
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!