Clippers Summer League 2018 (P. 5)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Tomorrow: Lakers vs. Clippers 530pm 😊


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 317
votes: 3

Vs lakers!! Jerome better stop getting hurt.


jtwinnaz
Clipper Starter
Posts: 861

calif.gif
votes: 11

Hope its nothing serious with Jerome. Looks like it could be a knee injury, but it was without any contact. Could be bad.


JudahDub
Clipper Starter
Posts: 861
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 13

jtwinnaz wrote:
Hope its nothing serious with Jerome. Looks like it could be a knee injury, but it was without any contact. Could be bad.

Didn’t see the game, did he get badly injured and exit the game ?


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Jerome Robinson said he's fine. Vince Hunter is out with a knee injury.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6748

us.gif
votes: 43

It has been a pretty good summer league for us this year. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jerome Robinson look like they will be good players in this league. I'm hoping the front office's plan really isn't to make a run for the playoffs this year with this team of Gortat, Beverley, Bradley, Harris, and Harrell. Hopefully, their bigger plan is to continue to acquire picks.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

The Spurs GM was at the Clippers/Washington game watching SGA & Robinson specifically. Hint hint. 😉


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 668
votes: 12

Awww man noooooo. Kawhi is awesome, but I dunno about that with them both showing such promise.


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 317
votes: 3

There’s no way the Clippers would trade SGA after seeing how he’s played. They could easily wait for next off season. However I feel Thornwell and Robinson can be expendable.


jtwinnaz
Clipper Starter
Posts: 861

calif.gif
votes: 11

realbull17 wrote:
Jerome Robinson said he's fine. Vince Hunter is out with a knee injury.

Hope so. Apparently, he has been dealing with a knee injury since the first game.

Really looking forward to seeing him matched up against Svi tomorrow.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

clippyclip wrote:
Awww man noooooo. Kawhi is awesome, but I dunno about that with them both showing such promise.

I guess it’s a catch 22. If they didn’t show promise spurs wouldn’t be trading one of the best players in the league for them lol.

I’ll take Kawhi...


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

No way we're trading SGA or Robinson in a Kawhi trade now. Kwahi is a free agent next year. We can have all three of them in 2019


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

Clemenza wrote:
No way we're trading SGA or Robinson in a Kawhi trade now. Kwahi is a free agent next year. We can have all three of them in 2019

I could be wrong, but theoretically if we traded for Kawhi, we could sign 2 big time free agents and then resign Kawhi and go over the cap. Essentially having 3 stars.


Clippersfan86
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 17245
votes: 96

HELL NO on trading SGA for Kawhi. No clue if Kawhi is healthy or will ever be. Also no clue if he will be more than a one year rental. Role the dice for free agency next year. Jimmy Butler and Klay also can be grabbed. SGA looks like a future star.


ClipperFaithful
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 167
votes: 1

Clippersfan86 wrote:
HELL NO on trading SGA for Kawhi. No clue if Kawhi is healthy or will ever be. Also no clue if he will be more than a one year rental. Role the dice for free agency next year. Jimmy Butler and Klay also can be grabbed. SGA looks like a future star.
I have a feeling that we will get butler in a trade. Looks like Minnesota is going to offer KAT a max contract. Guessing it’s a matter of time before jimmy requests a trade.


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 317
votes: 3

I'm ok with letting any guard go except SGA lol I do find it strange how overloaded we are with guards. It’s like if Jerry knows or has a plan set to get a trade going. Milos does seem like a spurs type of player.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

Clippersfan86 wrote:
HELL NO on trading SGA for Kawhi. No clue if Kawhi is healthy or will ever be. Also no clue if he will be more than a one year rental. Role the dice for free agency next year. Jimmy Butler and Klay also can be grabbed. SGA looks like a future star.

A lot of players have looked like future stars in summer league lol.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5637
votes: 41

ClipperPostman wrote:
I could be wrong, but theoretically if we traded for Kawhi, we could sign 2 big time free agents and then resign Kawhi and go over the cap. Essentially having 3 stars.

His cap hold would be like $24mm taking space that would be otherwise expiring (unless we traded Gallinari), so depending on the players involved we’d only have one max spot available and maybe like $10-20mm beyond that. Probably better off rolling the dice since our rookies look so good and they are cheap for their skill set


WickaBaskets
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 129
votes: 4

I’ll be real disappointed if Jimmy Butler is ever a clipper. That guys is good, but overrated. Idk he just rubs me the wrong way. I don’t see what the big deal about him is


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6748

us.gif
votes: 43

Clippersfan86 wrote:
HELL NO on trading SGA for Kawhi. No clue if Kawhi is healthy or will ever be. Also no clue if he will be more than a one year rental. Role the dice for free agency next year. Jimmy Butler and Klay also can be grabbed. SGA looks like a future star.
SGA has a rare set of physical gifts a tall point guard with a huge reach. We can sign him on for cheap, and even if he doesn't turn out to be a #1, having him mature into a good supporting player would be a good turn of events given that we can have him aboard for a reasonable price.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3937
Location: NY/CA
votes: 31

ClipperPostman wrote:
A lot of players have looked like future stars in summer league lol.

I was just going to point that out... also saw another post that said SGA is already better than Lonzo Ball. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Ball family, but let's wait for SGA to play an NBA game first before we anoint him as our savior. (which I really hope he is!)


Clippersfan86
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 17245
votes: 96

ClipperPostman wrote:
A lot of players have looked like future stars in summer league lol.

It's not based entirely on that. Draft Net has his potential rating at a "9". Most predictor systems give him good upside. I'm not saying summer league dominance=star. Many average players have dominated summer league, but no bad players have really. The guys who kill it at least are serviceable NBA players, which I understand isn't a star. I'm basing this on the leap he took in college in a very short time PLUS what we are seeing now. He's just really damn good and composed on both ends. He isn't going to go from this to NBA scrub.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Watch Today: Lakers vs. Clippers 5:30pm ESPN2. Let's destroy the Flakers. 😄


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

WickaBaskets wrote:
I’ll be real disappointed if Jimmy Butler is ever a clipper. That guys is good, but overrated. Idk he just rubs me the wrong way. I don’t see what the big deal about him is

Plus he doesn't get along with anybody outside of a few Team USA guys like Kyrie. His teammates hated him in Chicago and now I'm sure his Wolves teammates want him gone as well.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

LAC_12 wrote:
I was just going to point that out... also saw another post that said SGA is already better than Lonzo Ball. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Ball family, but let's wait for SGA to play an NBA game first before we anoint him as our savior. (which I really hope he is!)

I'm a fan of Lonzo's game as well outside of his three point shot.. but I'm already putting SGA above him even at this point. I'm hearing he's locked in on being professional, working out and improving his game, and is hungry to improve. Not to be a SL whore but I'm seeing shades of Kobe mixed with Gary Payton.


jtwinnaz
Clipper Starter
Posts: 861

calif.gif
votes: 11

Clemenza wrote:
I'm a fan of Lonzo's game as well outside of his three point shot.. but I'm already putting SGA above him even at this point. I'm hearing he's locked in on being professional, working out and improving his game, and is hungry to improve. Not to be a SL whore but I'm seeing shades of Kobe mixed with Gary Payton.

I totally see the Kobe comparison. I was telling my brother the same thing for the last few days. He just isn't the same athlete, but he looks just like him out there. He even has the same confidence.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5813
votes: 90

Clippersfan86 wrote:
It's not based entirely on that. Draft Net has his potential rating at a "9". Most predictor systems give him good upside. I'm not saying summer league dominance=star. Many average players have dominated summer league, but no bad players have really. The guys who kill it at least are serviceable NBA players, which I understand isn't a star. I'm basing this on the leap he took in college in a very short time PLUS what we are seeing now. He's just really damn good and composed on both ends. He isn't going to go from this to NBA scrub.

Yes. I don't think it's in the cards for SGA not to be at the very least an NBA rotational player. I think he will be more than that; perhaps a lot more. He has great court awareness, handles the ball very well for such a big guard, is a much better shooter than advertised and is going to lead the league in steals within the next four years.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

10 mins 😄


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

SGA, Robinson & Hunter will not play against the Lakers. 😭


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5813
votes: 90

No reason to watch with SGA and Robinson not playing. Turned it off.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Flakers are killing us.😭


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5813
votes: 90

Evans and Thornwell playing star are really, really, hard to watch.


chhimmychhunga
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 59
votes: 0

Omg! I rushed home for this??? I'm going to Vegas this weekend, was hoping to catch SGA on Sunday. That Is not happening now! BS!


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1422
votes: 7

After just 4 games they are already resting wow. Time to go to the gym. Not fun watching this game.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5637
votes: 41

SamMays wrote:
Evans and Thornwell playing star are really, really, hard to watch.

Yeah the team looks horrible without Shai out there.

Reggie upshaw looks like might be worth a two way contract.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

LAC trying to make a comeback.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5813
votes: 90

clipperboy24 wrote:
Yeah the team looks horrible without Shai out there.

Reggie upshaw looks like might be worth a two way contract.

Yeah. You can see in summer league that Thornwell is a very limited role player. He does a little bit of everything, but is not a go-to guy.

SGA, on the other hand, looks like the real deal. He seems to get good shots so easily.


LuvMeSumMEE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 844

aq.gif
votes: 7

I’m pretty disappointed. I’ve seen TONS of talented players that have slipped through the cracks this summer. Every game I see a player or 2 that would contribute. The Clippers roster is action packed with scrubs. I am, however, VERY thankful that Shai and JRob can play. THANK GOODNESS.

I just don’t understand the rest of the team. Where’d they find these cats? This doesn’t look like a squad Jerry West would be tied to. What’s the deal. Anyone have any insight on this??


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

This is atrocious. 😭


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

LuvMeSumMEE wrote:
I’m pretty disappointed. I’ve seen TONS of talented players that have slipped through the cracks this summer. Every game I see a player or 2 that would contribute. The Clippers roster is action packed with scrubs. I am, however, VERY thankful that Shai and JRob can play. THANK GOODNESS.

I just don’t understand the rest of the team. Where’d they find these cats? This doesn’t look like a squad Jerry West would be tied to. What’s the deal. Anyone have any insight on this??

Jerry didn’t spend too much energy putting together a summer league squad. Half of these guys are right out the YMCA


Icecoldclipper
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11768
votes: 29

Just not enough talent without our two best players.


LuvMeSumMEE
Clipper Starter
Posts: 844

aq.gif
votes: 7

ClipperPostman wrote:
Jerry didn’t spend too much energy putting together a summer league squad. Half of these guys are right out the YMCA

Haaahaaa!! The Y?? I’m dead!

Monday: 3 on 3 Half Court - 11 years old and up

Tuesday: Senior Pool Calisthenics - With rubber weights

Wednesday: Ping Ping tournament - Winners get pizza

Thursday: Zumba with Cheryl

Friday: New Orleans Pelicans


Icecoldclipper
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11768
votes: 29

Discouraging how well Hart outplayed Thornwell and Evans.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6748

us.gif
votes: 43

Icecoldclipper wrote:
Just not enough talent without our two best players.
we should have played them tonight, even just a few minutes. Don't understand this move.


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 655
votes: 4

Just don’t get thornwell or Evans. They should be ballin it out but instead look like Rookies. Evans hasn’t shown anything new and actually looks worse. I know it’s summer league but if the clips want to get rid of one of their guards my vote is for Evans!


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 655
votes: 4

ClipperPostman wrote:
Jerry didn’t spend too much energy putting together a summer league squad. Half of these guys are right out the YMCA

I keep saying the same thing where did they get these players from. 😂😂

They are plain awful I’m hoping none are going to the G league either.


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 655
votes: 4

LuvMeSumMEE wrote:
I’m pretty disappointed. I’ve seen TONS of talented players that have slipped through the cracks this summer. Every game I see a player or 2 that would contribute. The Clippers roster is action packed with scrubs. I am, however, VERY thankful that Shai and JRob can play. THANK GOODNESS.

I just don’t understand the rest of the team. Where’d they find these cats? This doesn’t look like a squad Jerry West would be tied to. What’s the deal. Anyone have any insight on this??

Maybe this is the ONLY assignment they gave Doc.....to assemble a summer league squad and this is what he came up with. 😂😂😂😂


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1009
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 7

Didn't catch this game but wow must have been ugly. Don't know who hands out these SL invites but they suck at talent evaluation. Thornwell and Evans look like trash. A 6 foot point guard was a long shot anyway.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5813
votes: 90

cisco805 wrote:
Just don’t get thornwell or Evans. They should be ballin it out but instead look like Rookies. Evans hasn’t shown anything new and actually looks worse. I know it’s summer league but if the clips want to get rid of one of their guards my vote is for Evans!

Evans played last season like a scared rabbit, which I think is good. Give him room to create and nothing good happens. Thornwell is much the same. He has to be around much better players as the fifth option on the floor to be adequate. I think both were good for second round picks, but as we all know, most second round picks never have an NBA career.

I am just stunned anyone watched this game without SGA and Robinson playing.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5813
votes: 90

That said, this summer league was highly successful. We have two rookie players who were clearly the two best players on this team. Both are keepers. SGA looks as though he might be ready to contribute in a big way much sooner than anticipated.

Who cares about wins, or the other 12 guys? We should be feeling good about this summer results.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Clippers Summer League 2018
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!