Milos Teodosic Update - Clippers Keep Him (P. 3)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Clippersfan86
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 17645
votes: 98

Milos was great for us last year. I'm okay with him here. My thing is we need to get rid of other guys then and Bradley especially is an eye sore re signing. Also Clippers now hardcapped meaning 100% Harrell isn't getting a contract and is just getting QO.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7824
votes: 56

Can we spell "tank"? Oops I just did.


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 493
votes: 8

Clippersfan86 wrote:
Milos was great for us last year. I'm okay with him here. My thing is we need to get rid of other guys then and Bradley especially is an eye sore re signing. Also Clippers now hardcapped meaning 100% Harrell isn't getting a contract and is just getting QO.

I doubt we let Harrell walk unless something is up behind the scenes. I’m thinking Clippers are going to trade or cut Juwan and poissbly CJ.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11888
votes: 100

Clippersfan86 wrote:
Milos was great for us last year. I'm okay with him here. My thing is we need to get rid of other guys then and Bradley especially is an eye sore re signing. Also Clippers now hardcapped meaning 100% Harrell isn't getting a contract and is just getting QO.
Wait, who got the MLE?


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7824
votes: 56

Agent0, thanks. I'll sleep tonight. What's the MLE this year? Milos sucks - kind of. He's old and has no defense and count on him being s step slower. I don't know about his injury history. He can't start and we can't count on his to be our back up PG all of the time especially when we need D. At least we had Austin to cover him last year. Is Bradley going to cover him.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11888
votes: 100

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Agent0, thanks. I'll sleep tonight. What's the MLE this year. Milos sucks - kind of. He's old and has no defense and count on him being s step slower. I don't know about his injury history. He can't start and we can't count on his to be our back up PG all of the time especially when we need D. At least we had Austin to cover him last year. Is Bradley going to cover him.
$8.6M for non tax paying teams and $5.3M for tax paying teams.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7824
votes: 56

Thanks.

You actually let me get away with the Austin comment? After today it was a large quantity of Gallo vintage last Thursday. Fortunately Gallo is organic but If I remember from my Organic Chem, benzene is organic isn't it? Unfortunately I'm out of it and I'm on my way to 7 11 for some glue and a glad bag.


ClipperOC
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 3
votes: 0

Agent0 wrote:
Wait, who got the MLE?

I could be wrong but based on reports we split the 8.6M non-taxpaying MLE to:

Mike Scott - 4.3M

LRMAM - 4.3M


LAbreakers
Clipper Starter
Posts: 874
votes: 11

ClipperOC wrote:
I could be wrong but based on reports we split the 8.6M non-taxpaying MLE to:

Mike Scott - 4.3M

LRMAM - 4.3M

nice work rookie.... thumbup


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6508
votes: 42

Clippersfan86 wrote:
Milos was great for us last year. I'm okay with him here. My thing is we need to get rid of other guys then and Bradley especially is an eye sore re signing. Also Clippers now hardcapped meaning 100% Harrell isn't getting a contract and is just getting QO.

I don’t see how the Clippers are hard capped before signing Harrell. We are at under $120mm as far as I can see and the luxury tax is over $123mm this year. How do you figure we are hard capped?


Mistwell3
Clipper Starter
Posts: 481
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 12

Clippersfan86 wrote:
Milos was great for us last year. I'm okay with him here. My thing is we need to get rid of other guys then and Bradley especially is an eye sore re signing. Also Clippers now hardcapped meaning 100% Harrell isn't getting a contract and is just getting QO.

No we're not. We're pretty comfortably under the hard cap. In fact I am pretty sure we could give him a Lou Williams type contract with no issues.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11888
votes: 100

ClipperOC wrote:
I could be wrong but based on reports we split the 8.6M non-taxpaying MLE to:

Mike Scott - 4.3M

LRMAM - 4.3M

Luc got half but Scott got the minimum, so yea, we are hard capped, thanks.

Checking the numbers though, Clippers are like $15 million below the hard cap, unless I missed something, should be quite okay. Hard cap is $129.7M this season ($6M over the luxury tax mark). Now the team is probably trying to avoid tax, so that would leave approx. $8.8M before the tax.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1690
votes: 20

I'm hearing this guy is hurt already.. smh. Why is he still on the team??


Mistwell3
Clipper Starter
Posts: 481
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 12

The precautionary single preseason game hold causes you to ask why he is still on the team? Seems a drastic overreaction.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 743
votes: 15

I'm not sure why people get so down on Milos. He doesn't have a lengthy injury history like Blake or CP3. He, unfortunately, suffered a plantar fascia tear last year, which takes a LONG time to recover from. Beyond that, he has been healthy his entire career. Also, the Butler circus is still going on, so though not likely, it's possible he's being held out because he's part of a package we're discussing. Either way he's on the team because he's the best passing point guard we have and will be great in helping SGA in that aspect of his game.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 743
votes: 15

L.A. Clippers guard Milos Teodosic revealed that his return to Europe might come much sooner than expected. How soon? Well, don’t be surprised if we see him back on European courts this season. “I think I definitely won’t stay here because… I came, I saw how it looks and somehow… I enjoy more and it’s nicer for me to play in Europe. So, I will return to Europe for sure, will it be during this season or at the end, we’ll see,” Teodosic said in an interview with Glas Amerike.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/7 ... is-season/


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1690
votes: 20

clippyclip wrote:
L.A. Clippers guard Milos Teodosic revealed that his return to Europe might come much sooner than expected. How soon? Well, don’t be surprised if we see him back on European courts this season. “I think I definitely won’t stay here because… I came, I saw how it looks and somehow… I enjoy more and it’s nicer for me to play in Europe. So, I will return to Europe for sure, will it be during this season or at the end, we’ll see,” Teodosic said in an interview with Glas Amerike.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/7 ... is-season/

\

He can go or stay.. He's not moving the needle for us in any direction


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14022
votes: 53

I don't blame him since he's not getting the playing time he deserves. Not sure why he's not playing more- I wouldn't mind seeing him take 1/2 of Bradley's minutes. I know he's pretty slow footed but he manages and usually is terrific for the offense. I would love to see him start next to SGA to see how that works out.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 743
votes: 15

Yeah it's a shame. Slow or not, he really helps the offense flow. Woulda coulda if not for that plantar injury.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7155

us.gif
votes: 44

Clemenza wrote:
\

He can go or stay.. He's not moving the needle for us in any direction

It isn't a hit if he leaves, but I think we would be able to keep him provided we give him some of Bradley's minutes.


Icecoldclipper
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12981
votes: 33

Clemenza wrote:
\

He can go or stay.. He's not moving the needle for us in any direction

Moved it in the Hawks game. Rather have him than look for another playmaker


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1690
votes: 20

Icecoldclipper wrote:
Moved it in the Hawks game. Rather have him than look for another playmaker

And there's games where he wants no parts of and would rather stay on the bench as well. Noteably the @OKC game

@pageC4 yeah I'd like to trade Avery all together.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6508
votes: 42

david wrote:
I don't blame him since he's not getting the playing time he deserves. Not sure why he's not playing more- I wouldn't mind seeing him take 1/2 of Bradley's minutes. I know he's pretty slow footed but he manages and usually is terrific for the offense. I would love to see him start next to SGA to see how that works out.

Yeah it is a shame. I wonder if there’s something happening in practices or what, but Doc doesn’t seem to like playing him at all


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 493
votes: 8

david wrote:
I don't blame him since he's not getting the playing time he deserves. Not sure why he's not playing more- I wouldn't mind seeing him take 1/2 of Bradley's minutes. I know he's pretty slow footed but he manages and usually is terrific for the offense. I would love to see him start next to SGA to see how that works out.

I wouldn’t say he deserves he’s a major liability on defense, and I mean MAJOR. Don’t get me wrong he’s a great PG just isn’t built for the NBA style of game. As great as he is on offense he completes offsets it on defense.


Icecoldclipper
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12981
votes: 33

To that same note Atlanta was killing us and Milo still came in against solid guards


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11888
votes: 100

He's in a tough position. He has some solid skills, but the team has no urgency to play him, the offense is 6th in pts/possession, the defense is 12th. The need is more on defense than offense. Despite no true PG most of the time, Doc has got a read and react type system that is working with the current core of players. So far he's been used situationally when they felt the matchups were favorable, and that can maximize your positive and minimize your negative, but that is not going to get you consistent minutes.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1635
votes: 9

Milos is great and can' t blame him to get frustrated but every game is important, west conference is crazy place he is too slow and his defense is not that great for our early assignment. I would buy his jersey as a souvenir.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6508
votes: 42

Agent0 wrote:
He's in a tough position. He has some solid skills, but the team has no urgency to play him, the offense is 6th in pts/possession, the defense is 12th. The need is more on defense than offense. Despite no true PG most of the time, Doc has got a read and react type system that is working with the current core of players. So far he's been used situationally when they felt the matchups were favorable, and that can maximize your positive and minimize your negative, but that is not going to get you consistent minutes.

SGA is a true point just not a veteran PG and he is playing almost 30mpg. But yeah, we need defense more than offense. I’d love for us to get some more depth in our bigs, not sure how we could do that though, maybe Joakim Noah? Partially kidding partially serious, lol. If he could play hard again he would be a great addition for the minimum. Demote Thornwell and add Noah, that would definitely work


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7155

us.gif
votes: 44

clipperboy24 wrote:
SGA is a true point just not a veteran PG and he is playing almost 30mpg. But yeah, we need defense more than offense. I’d love for us to get some more depth in our bigs, not sure how we could do that though, maybe Joakim Noah? Partially kidding partially serious, lol. If he could play hard again he would be a great addition for the minimum. Demote Thornwell and add Noah, that would definitely work
at the minimum, it would at least be worth a try. If it doesn't work then it was a small gamble.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11888
votes: 100

clipperboy24 wrote:
SGA is a true point just not a veteran PG and he is playing almost 30mpg. But yeah, we need defense more than offense. I’d love for us to get some more depth in our bigs, not sure how we could do that though, maybe Joakim Noah? Partially kidding partially serious, lol. If he could play hard again he would be a great addition for the minimum. Demote Thornwell and add Noah, that would definitely work
Does Noah still know how to play basketball?


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6508
votes: 42

Agent0 wrote:
Does Noah still know how to play basketball?

Sounds like Memphis is going to sign him so we will soon find out


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7155

us.gif
votes: 44

clipperboy24 wrote:
Sounds like Memphis is going to sign him so we will soon find out
Interesting.


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Age: 28
Posts: 1708

calif.gif
votes: 29

Milos takes our already 6th ranked offense to another level when he's on the floor. A very rare and extremely productive offensive talent. It's a shame we can't find more minutes for him. I hope he sticks around until the end of the season, he's a tremendous weapon to have.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Milos Teodosic Update - Clippers Keep Him
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!