Conversation on Doc Rivers (P. 2)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

realbull17 wrote:
Chris Paul told Steve Ballmer the main reason why he left was Doc Rivers. 😢
I thought it said Doc was a contributing factor, not the main reason. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the one of the main reasons was joining up with an MVP caliber co-star who doesn't miss many games and GM Morey. Not that Doc was good in his dual role, but I think that might have drawn him more than Doc pushed him away.

Doc making promises of roles and minutes that he can't keep, the Austin dynamic having unintended consequences, Doc always trying to sell himself, even lying to do so, sounds like normal Doc life.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Agent0 wrote:
I thought it said Doc was a contributing factor, not the main reason. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the one of the main reasons was joining up with an MVP caliber co-star who doesn't miss many games and GM Morey. Not that Doc was good in his dual role, but I think that might have drawn him more than Doc pushed him away.

Doc making promises of roles and minutes that he can't keep, the Austin dynamic having unintended consequences, Doc always trying to sell himself, even lying to do so, sounds like normal Doc life.

I don't know, I think not trading for Melo is what did it for for CP3. I have no proof of that but if I had to guess, based on sequence of events that is the main reason why Doc was stripped of his GM duties, Remember, Doc wasn't stripped of his GM duties until after Ballmer met with CP3 to see why he left. Why else would Doc be stripped of his GM duties if it wasn't about what Doc did, or didn't do as GM? Players usually don't leave a FULL MAX at the age of 30 to risk playing 1 season with another star who tends to choke in the play-offs. Something must have really pissed him off for CP3 to do what he did this late in his career. IMO


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

SamMays wrote:
Talked to a buddy of mine who is a well-known sports writer. His inside view was that the Doc/Austin combination is not actually cancerous within the organization as many of us seem to think it is. Austin is liked and supported by his teammates.

Interesting.

Uh oh. Clipjoe’s head just exploded


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

clipper*joe wrote:
I don't know, I think not trading for Melo is what did it for for CP3. I have no proof of that but if I had to guess, based on sequence of events that is the main reason why Doc was stripped of his GM duties, Remember, Doc wasn't stripped of his GM duties until after Ballmer met with CP3 to see why he left. Why else would Doc be stripped of his GM duties if it wasn't about what Doc did, or didn't do as GM? Players usually don't leave a FULL MAX at the age of 30 to risk playing 1 season with another star who tends to choke in the play-offs. Something must have really pissed him off for CP3 to do what he did this late in his career. IMO
Quite possible. A lot of players are "chokers" until they get the right teammates and team and then they no longer are. I don't think stuff like that is relevant in players minds when choosing teammates. You could see how frustrated Paul got every time Griffin got injured, or even he got injured, he certainly knew he wasn't doing anything in the playoffs by himself, and even with his injuries, Blake's were just far worse in both the RS and playoffs their last few seasons together.

I don't think it was not trading for Melo in itself, but the reports that the Clippers were holding out Austin in a trade for Melo. Whether they were true or not, there were other reports that said the Knicks still weren't going to trade him (Phil was kind of being dumb), but just the fact that something like that comes out is an issue, and that's why you don't have player/ (GM/coach) on a team. I do believe Doc being stripped of his President duties were in the works already, but that might have pushed it ahead of schedule. I believe when it was reported in summer it was said that Paul lost trust in Doc, and didn't think the organization (and really I think this meant Doc) was fully committed to winning.

Doc is such a survivor, it is in a way impressive. The guy will lie through his teeth to make himself look good, and seeing how he does it publicly, there's no doubt he does it privately too. His contract probably helps him since the team is probably thinking that they aren't going to be contending next year, so what's the point of paying two coaches. Also West said they were evaluating him this season, and whether we agree or not, the FO seems to be impressed with his coaching job this season, so that might be keeping him around.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

jarca wrote:
Uh oh. Clipjoe’s head just exploded

If it's not in print, I pay no mind. Thanks for your concern though. Smile


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Agent0 wrote:
Quite possible. A lot of players are "chokers" until they get the right teammates and team and then they no longer are. I don't think stuff like that is relevant in players minds when choosing teammates. You could see how frustrated Paul got every time Griffin got injured, or even he got injured, he certainly knew he wasn't doing anything in the playoffs by himself, and even with his injuries, Blake's were just far worse in both the RS and playoffs their last few seasons together.

I don't think it was not trading for Melo in itself, but the reports that the Clippers were holding out Austin in a trade for Melo. Whether they were true or not, there were other reports that said the Knicks still weren't going to trade him (Phil was kind of being dumb), but just the fact that something like that comes out is an issue, and that's why you don't have player/ (GM/coach) on a team. I do believe Doc being stripped of his President duties were in the works already, but that might have pushed it ahead of schedule. I believe when it was reported in summer it was said that Paul lost trust in Doc, and didn't think the organization (and really I think this meant Doc) was fully committed to winning.

Doc is such a survivor, it is in a way impressive. The guy will lie through his teeth to make himself look good, and seeing how he does it publicly, there's no doubt he does it privately too. His contract probably helps him since the team is probably thinking that they aren't going to be contending next year, so what's the point of paying two coaches. Also West said they were evaluating him this .

No matter what happened, CP3 is the last man smiling...errr...Standing.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

clipper*joe wrote:
No matter what happened, CP3 is the last man smiling...errr...Standing.
Yea, guess he ran away at the right time and to the right spot, we'll see how Houston does in the playoffs though, and how his health holds up. In the end Blake actually ended up getting the worst deal. From LA to Detroit and to a lottery team with no draft pick this year. Clippers aren't in to bad a position, two lottery picks, discovered some young talents, cap will open up soon, can't complain too much.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

clipper*joe wrote:
If it's not in print, I pay no mind. Thanks for your concern though. Smile

Was Cicero in print? Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6172
votes: 42

SamMays wrote:
Talked to a buddy of mine who is a well-known sports writer. His inside view was that the Doc/Austin combination is not actually cancerous within the organization as many of us seem to think it is. Austin is liked and supported by his teammates.

Interesting.

His dad is the coach, I highly doubt they bad talk Austin when it almost certainly will put you in the dog house. Also how many sportswriters have we seen just completely get the picture wrong. From Skip Bayless to David Aldridge and everyone in between, they don’t always get it right.


cleepers
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11005

us.gif
votes: 153

Agent0 wrote:
Doc is such a survivor, it is in a way impressive. The guy will lie through his teeth to make himself look good, and seeing how he does it publicly, there's no doubt he does it privately too.

Nailed it.

I'd be fine with a lesser -- but more honorable -- head coach to lead us forward.


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1650

calif.gif
votes: 28

Waiting for the second coming of the Sam Cassell era


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Keatonsays wrote:
Waiting for the second coming of the Sam Cassell era

So you’re looking for a player to play 1 good season and then injured the rest?


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

jarca wrote:
So you’re looking for a player to play 1 good season and then injured the rest?

I think he means as a coach...Second coming?


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

I know it's Peter Vecsey, but still. *crosses fingers

Quote:
Peter Vecsey: Rivers is guaranteed to go, it says here. A revamped roster in mid-February dictates a demand for a new voice with new ideas with a new image. Owner Steve Ballmer, who inherited Rivers when he purchased the Clippers and gave him lots of leeway, has had plenty of time to figure out Doc is a stone phony. He took away one title (president) from him prior to this season. The time has come to relieve him of his coaching duties, pay him the $10M owed for next season, and offer Villanova’s Jay Wright a blank check. GM Lawrence Franks’ second choice, I’m told, is Jeff Van Gundy. 2 hours ago �" via Patreon

http://hoopshype.com/team/los-angeles-clippers/


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

clippyclip wrote:
I know it's Peter Vecsey, but still. *crosses fingers

Good call on Vecsey! Not the most reliable source but it is nice reading it.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3541
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 8

Clippers gave permission to the Knicks to interview Mike Wooden.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3007
votes: 11

laboy wrote:
Lets trade Doc for a first round pic...

He destroyed this team, and his player substitutions are very suspect..

He played his son 30+ minutes and other players 5 minutes or less.

He is constantly getting out coached.

We missed the playoffs because of him.

There were some games where something was working and he changed the line up..

I figure he cost us 5 or 6 games this year!

We should have won 50 games this year.

He knew that Beverly and Gallo were injury prone..

And he did nothing...get them extra care..limit their minutes from the beginning.

Harell should have been the starting power forward with Harris at small forward, and Gallo should have come off the bench. Bobo should have been playing 15 minutes a game..

He was playing more when he was with his old team and was 3rd string center?*&%$#@

Little rivers is not a point guard! Period!

He and his 12 million dollar contract need to be traded if he opts in!

Doc made so many stupid trades, and maxed out the payroll and gave away all of our pics!

And some of you guys want him back next year??????

Haven't heard anyone say they WANT him back, some of us are just saying that the ugly reality is that at this point it appears to be the most likely outcome.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6172
votes: 42

clipfan63 wrote:
Haven't heard anyone say they WANT him back, some of us are just saying that the ugly reality is that at this point it appears to be the most likely outcome.

I could list a few posters who have said they want him back because he did a good job with such a limited roster.


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1650

calif.gif
votes: 28

jarca wrote:
So you’re looking for a player to play 1 good season and then injured the rest?

1st Sam Cassell era as player

2nd Sam Cassell Era as Coach.

I like how he's helped Austin develop and he's always been a good leader. Doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a great head coach but he's my favorite for the job.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

A lot of college coaches haven't transitioned very well, but Jay Wright would be a great gamble.


bebe
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1496
votes: 6

I've said for years Doc needs to go. Sure he had a good season with what or who he had on the roster this season but that was luck and the young players determination. I'm sure Jerry will come up with a good pick. I don't see Doc being here next season.

Go Clips

The Nevada Fans


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

It mattered not what CP wanted. With Melo we still weren't contenders. He wasn't the answer. With CP alone we weren't contenders. CP is Robin, not Batman. He needs somebody better than him, in tandem to win. It wasn't BG or DJ. It wasn't Melo. We could not have upgraded that team to make them competitive especially with GSW. Where are you Ricky Davis? I would take a choking Hardin drunk over CP (I'm irrational - so what) but CP with GSW is a handfull. CP and Klay!! CP with this squad and a Batman is a handful. Couldn't happen.

Doc for President. He can lie as well as any we've had. "I did NOT have sex with that woman.-- I had sex with her dress. She did NOT have sex with me, she had sex with my cigar. When I found out I fired it. My d*ck just accidentally fell into her mouth when I wasn't looking. Accidents do happen you know. It's so big that it's difficult to keep in my pants" I won't even mention Trump's large hands. (I just did, oops).

"My only bribe was a Cocker spaniel named Checkers. although I don't think he really had one (puppy that is). "I AM NOT A CROOK!" --Richard Nixon, for you children. Ah yes, Tricky Dick, in the present political atmosphere we semi miss you.

Doc should be a used car salesman on Spanish language TV. "I've got a used Chevy , just like new--- cheap." Is Paul Pierce the same as a used Chevy? Doc should change his name to Richard. We could have Tricky Dick and Dick Doc.

David cut me some slack. I've behaved myself for a long time.

On to my second Guinness!


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1546
votes: 9

deleted...


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

SamMays wrote:
Talked to a buddy of mine who is a well-known sports writer. His inside view was that the Doc/Austin combination is not actually cancerous within the organization as many of us seem to think it is. Austin is liked and supported by his teammates.

Interesting.

Really? I know that it irked CP3. And it even draws suspicion from me (Joe and I BOTH think he plays too much.) Although he is vastly improved, I still think he is playing 5 min more than he should. I know that might not sound like much... but with Ty and Sindarius and CJ, would love to see them tap some of that action.

Even if it not an internal issue, I think it may be frowned upon by prospective free agents... I do not think it is a good idea to keep them together.

Most people want both of them gone, but I think we can keep one. But I do agree that at LEAST one of them has to go.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

clipper*joe wrote:
I don't know, I think not trading for Melo is what did it for for CP3. I have no proof of that but if I had to guess, based on sequence of events that is the main reason why Doc was stripped of his GM duties, Remember, Doc wasn't stripped of his GM duties until after Ballmer met with CP3 to see why he left. Why else would Doc be stripped of his GM duties if it wasn't about what Doc did, or didn't do as GM? Players usually don't leave a FULL MAX at the age of 30 to risk playing 1 season with another star who tends to choke in the play-offs. Something must have really pissed him off for CP3 to do what he did this late in his career. IMO

Agree with this. The degree of "reason" why CP left can be argued... Doc as a GM not pulling the trigger for Melo; Doc playing his son too many minutes; Docs coaching; chemistry with BG (and the lack of star-level from his #2); the fact that he signed on to be a #2 and yet his supposed #1 was not pulling weight so he had to assume #1 role which pissed the supposed #1 but had trouble speaking up and bottled everything inside causing a big rift.

It was never one reason... but Doc was a reason.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

Agent0 wrote:
Yea, guess he ran away at the right time and to the right spot, we'll see how Houston does in the playoffs though, and how his health holds up. In the end Blake actually ended up getting the worst deal. From LA to Detroit and to a lottery team with no draft pick this year. Clippers aren't in to bad a position, two lottery picks, discovered some young talents, cap will open up soon, can't complain too much.

... and he got injured to close the season. Wink


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
It mattered not what CP wanted. With Melo we still weren't contenders. He wasn't the answer. With CP alone we weren't contenders. CP is Robin, not Batman. He needs somebody better than him, in tandem to win. It wasn't BG or DJ. It wasn't Melo. We could not have upgraded that team to make them competitive especially with GSW. Where are you Ricky Davis? I would take a choking Hardin drunk over CP (I'm irrational - so what) but CP with GSW is a handfull. CP and Klay!! CP with this squad and a Batman is a handful. Couldn't happen.

Doc for President. He can lie as well as any we've had. "I did NOT have sex with that woman.-- I had sex with her dress. She did NOT have sex with me, she had sex with my cigar. When I found out I fired it. My d*ck just accidentally fell into her mouth when I wasn't looking. Accidents do happen you know. It's so big that it's difficult to keep in my pants" I won't even mention Trump's large hands. (I just did, oops).

"My only bribe was a Cocker spaniel named Checkers. although I don't think he really had one (puppy that is). "I AM NOT A CROOK!" --Richard Nixon, for you children. Ah yes, Tricky Dick, in the present political atmosphere we semi miss you.

Doc should be a used car salesman on Spanish language TV. "I've got a used Chevy , just like new--- cheap." Is Paul Pierce the same as a used Chevy? Doc should change his name to Richard. We could have Tricky Dick and Dick Doc.

David cut me some slack. I've behaved myself for a long time.

On to my second Guinness!

All that as a result of ONE Guinness?


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 538
votes: 7

Was watching the jazz game against the thunder last night and, the commentators kept praising Joe Ingles. They also mentioned the clippers (twice) on how they let him get away from their roster.

This just keeps reminding me over and over on how poor Doc has done doing both roles. Terrible evaluator in talent and managing a squad. I’d like for ballmer to fire him already but I’d would really prefer that Doc be stuck here during the rebuilding stage that he so much hates. He created this mess, let him suffer in it.

If Austin opts in, trade him right away. Don’t give doc any joy going into next season.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

Ingles has taken his game to another level this season and especially this post season.. Thanks again Doc


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6997

us.gif
votes: 43

Clemenza wrote:
Ingles has taken his game to another level this season and especially this post season.. Thanks again Doc
This why I find it baffling that people praise Doc for this season. The rationale is that he was dealing with a depleted squad, and that he did a great job of directing this team to a positive record despite the injuries. However, what people forget about Doc is that over the years he has cost us many good role players. I've said it time and again that Doc has a habit of designating five starters and one sixth man then plays these guys astronomical minutes while completely shutting out the bench. Ingles, Aldrich, Stephenson, Bullock, Felton, are just some of the really decent players that have been successful elsewhere yet were vastly underused here. This tells us that Doc has absolutely no vision of the future or vision of bench development. Allowing Doc more time here is simply detrimental as Jawun Evans, Ty Wallace, and Sindarius Thornwell will get absolutely no development, and what could be good players on cheap contracts will be lost. To boot we have two draft picks coming up, what will become of these guys? You can't expect rookies to be superstars their first seasons. Lebron, Simmons, and other guys that succeed so well early on are more an exception than a rule. You have to develop players and at the minimum, a team should commit to three years before writing off a rookie. There's not much to lose as they are on cheap contracts and can be taught from the ground up.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Why was Doc a great coach THIS YEAR? Forget Aldrich, Mullens, his rotations from the past, this year only. First, the leader of his starting squad, Beverly was out for the season. Then his leading scorer Gallo was out for the season. Milos was out several times which means no PG. DJ was hurt. DJ pouted and slacked off.

BG was hurt and slacked off. Evidently he had a bad attitude behind the scenes and was living the National Enquirer lifestyle. Why was he traded? Sorry but I really think he did something REALLY awful to get traded. To the best of our knowledge Steve and Jerry are stand up guys and it would take the lowest kind of scum bag to trade BG. Which is the scum bag?

He then got a completely new team mid season who had never played together and he had to fake it. He never had the same starters two games in a row. ROOKIES Thornwell, Evans and Wallace played like real NBA players. He got the best from Tobias and Trezz. He had all of these problems yet the team fought like junk yard dogs. If Milos hadn't been hurt, we probably would have made the POs.

That's a good coach.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Why was Doc a great coach THIS YEAR? Forget Aldrich, Mullens, his rotations from the past, this year only. First, the leader of his starting squad, Beverly was out for the season. Then his leading scorer Gallo was out for the season. Milos was out several times which means no PG. DJ was hurt. DJ pouted and slacked off.

BG was hurt and slacked off. Evidently he had a bad attitude behind the scenes and was living the National Enquirer lifestyle. Why was he traded? Sorry but I really think he did something REALLY awful to get traded. To the best of our knowledge Steve and Jerry are stand up guys and it would take the lowest kind of scum bag to trade BG. Which is the scum bag?

He then got a completely new team mid season who had never played together and he had to fake it. He never had the same starters two games in a row. ROOKIES Thornwell, Evans and Wallace played like real NBA players. He got the best from Tobias and Trezz. He had all of these problems yet the team fought like junk yard dogs. If Milos hadn't been hurt, we probably would have made the POs.

That's a good coach.

Now we have Blake is a horrible person conspiracy theories? Jerry and Steve are keeping this a secret? You sound like the knuckleheads at CNN.


Mistwell3
Clipper Starter
Posts: 325
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

Dirtydunks wrote:
Now we have Blake is a horrible person conspiracy theories? Jerry and Steve are keeping this a secret? You sound like the knuckleheads at CNN.

Wait wait wait...the details of some of what happened in his personal life are quite public. We know, for a fact, he left his fiance 1 week before their wedding unexpectedly, and she discovered he was slee[ing with a Khardashian in Las Vegas from TMZ. You know, his fiance he has kids with.

He's a horrible person.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6172
votes: 42

Clemenza wrote:
Ingles has taken his game to another level this season and especially this post season.. Thanks again Doc

Doc is possibly the worst basketball personnel mind in the business. We should have had Whiteside but I think he chose to go for Mullens and rejected Whiteside from joining our camp team then a year later he is blowing up.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

Mistwell3 wrote:
Wait wait wait...the details of some of what happened in his personal life are quite public. We know, for a fact, he left his fiance 1 week before their wedding unexpectedly, and she discovered he was slee[ing with a Khardashian in Las Vegas from TMZ. You know, his fiance he has kids with.

He's a horrible person.

If every person who changed their mind about a relationship was a horrible person then about half of the people in this country would be labeled as such.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Griffinforpresident wrote:
Was watching the jazz game against the thunder last night and, the commentators kept praising Joe Ingles. They also mentioned the clippers (twice) on how they let him get away from their roster.

This just keeps reminding me over and over on how poor Doc has done doing both roles. Terrible evaluator in talent and managing a squad. I’d like for ballmer to fire him already but I’d would really prefer that Doc be stuck here during the rebuilding stage that he so much hates. He created this mess, let him suffer in it.

If Austin opts in, trade him right away. Don’t give doc any joy going into next season.

I hate Doc probably more than anyone here but keeping him to make his life miserable will effect the Clippers more in the long run. He has no business with this team anymore. Give him his 10 million and cut losses with this chump. Our new players don't deserve him and honestly, Doc would probably make his son the player with the most minutes even if better players lose theirs to make that happen. I'm tired of it. Doc has nothing to lose now. He's on borrowed time. He's now considered a band-aid until we get the coach that is going to lead us forward.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Dirtydunks wrote:
If every person who changed their mind about a relationship was a horrible person then about half of the people in this country would be labeled as such.

Such a strawman argument. Relationships, for the most part, are temporary. Meaning, sooner or later, they end. Not all people who have a change of heart, are horrible people. It's in the way that you go about breaking the relationship up. Cheating on your fiance is obviously not what a good partner would do.Leaving your fiance hanging a week before the wedding is also a bad move that would leave one to surmise that maybe that person is not really honest. How about a husband cheating with a porn star after his wife just gave birth to their child? See,that is some low crap that can be labeled as pathetic.

On the other hand, you have people who are upfront, honest, and take the other's feeling into consideration when they have a change of heart. None of the "random" examples I gave are from people, who seem to care about the significant other. BG comes out looking like a POS. Does that make everyone who decides they want to walk away from a relationship a bad person? Hardly.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1546
votes: 9

I think Ballmer will keep Doc until next year to complete his contract, he knows and Jerry knows that even if we change coach this season we can not compete for the championship next year, we are in retooling, rebuilding or whatever we call it, But I doubt if he will give Doc an extension. This year we will see a new player, but next year we will see a new head Coach. Ballmer will not throw away 10 million and get a new HC and still can't go to playoff.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

cobra wrote:
I think Ballmer will keep Doc until next year to complete his contract, he knows and Jerry knows that even if we change coach this season we can not compete for the championship next year, we are in retooling, rebuilding or whatever we call it, But I doubt if he will give Doc an extension. This year we will see a new player, but next year we will see a new head Coach. Ballmer will not throw away 10 million and get a new HC and still can't go to playoff.

Humph.. I don't know, the Jazz and Pelicans could be sniffing around on a Finals appearance and they weren't predicted to do all that much if anything at all this year especially the Jazz after they lost Gordon. The Pels were supposed to fall off after Cousins went down.The league is moving into parity and we're far from having a baron roster. Not saying we're next but anything is possible.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6172
votes: 42

cobra wrote:
I think Ballmer will keep Doc until next year to complete his contract, he knows and Jerry knows that even if we change coach this season we can not compete for the championship next year, we are in retooling, rebuilding or whatever we call it, But I doubt if he will give Doc an extension. This year we will see a new player, but next year we will see a new head Coach. Ballmer will not throw away 10 million and get a new HC and still can't go to playoff.

But the more time a new head coach has with the team the more he can get the players to develop and gel. Doc did a decent job coaching this year but his player development still sucks and his rotations are bizarre at best


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

clipper*joe wrote:
Such a strawman argument. Relationships, for the most part, are temporary. Meaning, sooner or later, they end. Not all people who have a change of heart, are horrible people. It's in the way that you go about breaking the relationship up. Cheating on your fiance is obviously not what a good partner would do.Leaving your fiance hanging a week before the wedding is also a bad move that would leave one to surmise that maybe that person is not really honest. How about a husband cheating with a porn star after his wife just gave birth to their child? See,that is some low crap that can be labeled as pathetic.

On the other hand, you have people who are upfront, honest, and take the other's feeling into consideration when they have a change of heart. None of the "random" examples I gave are from people, who seem to care about the significant other. BG comes out looking like a POS. Does that make everyone who decides they want to walk away from a relationship a bad person? Hardly.

Relationships are fragile. Blake wasn't married and it was likely a wise decision to call it off. It wasn’t as if he was a “random” president committing r*** in the Oval Office among other abuses. I’m sure glad I didn’t vote for that scumbag’s crooked and equally pathetic wife. Funny how people seem to forgive and forget when it serves their agenda. Talk about straw man.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Dirtydunks wrote:
Relationships are fragile. Blake wasn't married and it was likely a wise decision to call it off. It wasn’t as if he was a “random” president committing r*** in the Oval Office among other abuses. I’m sure glad I didn’t vote for that scumbag’s crooked and equally pathetic wife. Funny how people seem to forgive and forget when it serves their agenda. Talk about straw man.

Cool story bro...


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Dirtydunks wrote:
Now we have Blake is a horrible person conspiracy theories? Jerry and Steve are keeping this a secret? You sound like the knuckleheads at CNN.

If you have a sister, would you be happy if she developed a relationship with BG? It's one thing to leave someone at the altar in private. He humiliated and shamed her in front of the whole world, millions of people. NOBODY deserves that. Would you like that to happen to your sister? As an example, let's say she's had his children and they presented the picture of man and wife. She's waiting at Staples the day before the wedding surrounded by media waiting for her star boyfriend to arrive. She gets a text saying that the wedding is off and he's screwing a Reality Star. As far as commitment, there is such a thing as Palimony in California. She's suing for Breach of Contract which is the Palimony statute and will win Can you spell COMMUNITY PROPERTY - plus child support? Yes he did make a commitment. Most of my friends who married on their 20's are still married 40 years later. 50% of people stay married.

If it's OK for her to be treated that way then you are admitting that it's OK for your sister..

You can tell a nice person because they do nice things. You can tell a horrible one because they do horrible things. He does horrible things.

As far as Jerry and Steve keeping secrets, it's called business decisions and are none of anybody's business but theirs.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
If you have a sister, would you be happy if she developed a relationship with BG? It's one thing to leave someone at the altar in private. He humiliated and shamed her in front of the whole world, millions of people. NOBODY deserves that. Would you like that to happen to your sister? As an example, let's say she's had his children and they presented the picture of man and wife. She's waiting at Staples the day before the wedding surrounded by media waiting for her star boyfriend to arrive. She gets a text saying that the wedding is off and he's screwing a Reality Star. As far as commitment, there is such a thing as Palimony in California. She's suing for Breach of Contract which is the Palimony statute and will win Can you spell COMMUNITY PROPERTY - plus child support? Yes he did make a commitment. Most of my friends who married on their 20's are still married 40 years later. 50% of people stay married.

If it's OK for her to be treated that way then you are admitting that it's OK for your sister..

You can tell a nice person because they do nice things. You can tell a horrible one because they do horrible things. He does horrible things.

As far as Jerry and Steve keeping secrets, it's called business decisions and are none of anybody's business but theirs.

He humiliated and shamed her in front of the whole world??? SMH. Not sure but wasn’t she the same girl who had a child with the SC quarterback?


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

That's irrelevant. You didn't answer the question. Would it be OK for him to do that to your sister?


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Dirtydunks wrote:
He humiliated and shamed her in front of the whole world??? SMH. Not sure but wasn’t she the same girl who had a child with the SC quarterback?

WTH is that supposed to mean? Yeah, Matt Leinart got Brynn Cameron pregnant while both were in college. Not sure what you're hinting at but are you saying she's at fault because she had a child out of wedlock? With another athlete? She was an athlete in college too in case you didn't know. You never saw Brynn in public with BG. You saw BG'skids morethan you saw Brynn in public with BG.

If anything, I'd say she's guilty of picking the wrong kind of guys in her life. Both her picks suffered from "going hollywood"on her. Maybe Blake Griffin should have hired Michael Cohen to hush Byrnn up. lol


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

clipper*joe wrote:
WTH is that supposed to mean? Yeah, Matt Leinart got Brynn Cameron pregnant while both were in college. Not sure what you're hinting at but are you saying she's at fault because she had a child out of wedlock? With another athlete? She was an athlete in college too in case you didn't know. You never saw Brynn in public with BG. You saw BG'skids morethan you saw Brynn in public with BG.

If anything, I'd say she's guilty of picking the wrong kind of guys in her life. Both her picks suffered from "going hollywood"on her. Maybe Blake Griffin should have hired Michael Cohen to hush Byrnn up. lol

What it is supposed to mean is that she’s totally irresponsible. Sleeping around with athletes and getting pregnant three times out of wedlock. If my son was a star athlete I sure wouldn’t want him to even think about getting involved with her. She’s demanding a huge payday... don’t be so naive.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
That's irrelevant. You didn't answer the question. Would it be OK for him to do that to your sister?
It’s not irrelevant. She has to assume a lot of accountablitiy for her own humiliation.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

clipper*joe wrote:
WTH is that supposed to mean? Yeah, Matt Leinart got Brynn Cameron pregnant while both were in college. Not sure what you're hinting at but are you saying she's at fault because she had a child out of wedlock? With another athlete? She was an athlete in college too in case you didn't know. You never saw Brynn in public with BG. You saw BG'skids morethan you saw Brynn in public with BG.

If anything, I'd say she's guilty of picking the wrong kind of guys in her life. Both her picks suffered from "going hollywood"on her. Maybe Blake Griffin should have hired Michael Cohen to hush Byrnn up. lol

No need to play Superman with this chick. She's set for life. Move on. You talk like she's in the projects having babies by bums. She's good bro, save your tears for a chick or family member that really needs it.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Conversation on Doc Rivers
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!