Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs Game Day 2018-04-03

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53
  

What are your thoughts on the game against the San Antonio Spurs? What must the Clippers do earn a W? Which opposing player(s) should Clips be careful of? Will the game be bombs away by both teams or first to 90 gets the W?


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 756
votes: 15

He actually lasted longer than I thought he would.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1688
votes: 9

If Gallo is a chicken then he is a boneless. But anyway we don’t need him anymore. In fact we dont need to win this game.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Defense looking bad to start the game.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Embarrassing start- 3 points in 7 minutes. Hey finally Harris nails a bingo to double up the Clipper total.


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1263
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

Clippers looking ugly. Still early but Spurs are dialed in.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Bench guys come in and the energy picks up.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Nice- Boban getting an early call.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1828
votes: 24

Clipps thinking about Cancun right about now


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1263
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

Get your bait and tackle ready boys. Next up is West and Ballmer.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Tobias another bucket- Clips back within 6!


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4266
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 32

clippyclip wrote:
He actually lasted longer than I thought he would.

lmaooo. better for us.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

clippyclip wrote:
He actually lasted longer than I thought he would.

LOL seriously- I think he has managed to injure every body part this season, some multiple times. Not sure what else is possible.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 756
votes: 15

Well, I don't think he can hurt his pride anymore.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Really liking the defensive intensity right now by the team.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Thornwell & Jordan playing elite D right now. Open 3 by Rivers- 4 point game!


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4266
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 32

For all the points Harris is bringing in, he sure is throwing away possessions as well. So many turnovers.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5972
votes: 48

Austin stinks. Hopefully he opts out.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4266
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 32

Austin with good defense... kills their possession.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1828
votes: 24

Lets GO!!


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4266
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 32

Annnnnnnnddd Austin brings us within one with a major THREE.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11979
votes: 103

Poor Boban, reaction time is just not quick enough to recover there


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 923
votes: 9

Poor Boban? Every time he’s on the floor we outscore the opponent. He’s the reason .


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11979
votes: 103

Pop says stop fouling and his team just keeps fouling, lol


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11979
votes: 103

As soon as I saw Austin open, I knew that was going in


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1828
votes: 24

Why was Austin in the game right there?


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11979
votes: 103

Clemenza wrote:
Why was Austin in the game right there?
To win it! Maybe...


CLIPSET
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1405
votes: 8

Damn, If Gallo didn’t play the last two games we might have stolen one or both games. Boban is the fuckin X factor!! Give him some minutes the 5 games


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1828
votes: 24

This was a big ballsy win tonight fellas.. WOW!


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3658
votes: 29

Austin is lacking in many areas, but nerve isn't one of them. Clutch 3s. Lou and Tobias are really impressive players on offense. They are hitting incredibly difficult shots down the stretch like they are nothing.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1828
votes: 24

Agent0 wrote:
To win it! Maybe...

No I was talking about when they had to foul us to stop the clock in that final 6 seconds of play. He can't shoot freethrows.. But he definitely had a monster 4th quarter though.. that is no lie!!


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 923
votes: 9

Lou is easily the best closer this franchise has ever had.


A7XDreamTheaterClipps
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1402
votes: 20

Dirtydunks wrote:
Lou is easily the best closer this franchise has ever had.

He's definitely up there, but I remember Sam Cassel willing the Clippers to victory in 06. Don't let that 8 second violation distract you from that whole season.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 923
votes: 9

A7XDreamTheaterClipps wrote:
He's definitely up there, but I remember Sam Cassel willing the Clippers to victory in 06. Don't let that 8 second violation distract you from that whole season.
Good call. Supersam was the man


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3658
votes: 29

Dirtydunks wrote:
Lou is easily the best closer this franchise has ever had.

I don’t want to turn this into a CP vs Lou debate, but Lou isn’t in CPs stratosphere. It’s comparing a hall of famer and a journeyman who’s had a nice season


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 923
votes: 9

sz123456 wrote:
I don’t want to turn this into a CP vs Lou debate, but Lou isn’t in CPs stratosphere. You’re comparing a hall of famer and a journeyman who’s had a nice season
It’s been a historic season for Lou, far better than nice. When has CP ever led the league in fourth quarter scoring with the Clips or otherwise? I’m talking about with the Clips and I’ll stand by my statement. I am not saying Lou’s a better player but he’s closed more games this year then CP did in the last three years. Lou has been far more clutch. I don’t believe CP hit one of his game winning or tying shots last year and he a a bunch of opportunities.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1688
votes: 9

Dirtydunks wrote:
Lou is easily the best closer this franchise has ever had.

I agree and what if we have Lou instead of Jamal during a CP and Blake era?


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7971
votes: 58

sz123456 wrote:
I don’t want to turn this into a CP vs Lou debate, but Lou isn’t in CPs stratosphere. It’s comparing a hall of famer and a journeyman who’s had a nice season

There is HOF and there is good. HOF has to do with stats. There is no "Winner's Hall of Fame" If there were, he wouldn't be in it. If we had had Hardin instead of Paul years back, where would we be? Hardin wouldn't have choked. Right now if you traded Hardin for KD, CP couldn't carry HOU over the top. He needs another guard so he can supervise the bench. Give us Hardin now and we'd be as good as HOU without Hardin.. I would rather have the ball in Austin's hands at clutch. I would rather have Milos and Hardin than CP.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 14162
votes: 53

Great come from behind win- the guys stepped up the intensity big time in the second half, then some clutch shooting by Rivers and Williams to finish it. Pretty amazing considering the absolutely awful start.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7971
votes: 58

Half way through the fourth quarter I yawned and thought "I have a taste for raw meat, time to take these bitc*es apart." We did. Badass. What's with DJ on the bench? What did the TNT bunch say?


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5972
votes: 48

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
There is HOF and there is good. HOF has to do with stats. There is no "Winner's Hall of Fame" If there were, he wouldn't be in it. If we had had Hardin instead of Paul years back, where would we be? Hardin wouldn't have choked. Right now if you traded Hardin for KD, CP couldn't carry HOU over the top. He needs another guard so he can supervise the bench. Give us Hardin now and we'd be as good as HOU without Hardin.. I would rather have the ball in Austin's hands at clutch. I would rather have Milos and Hardin than CP.

Harden choked last season. What are you talking about bro.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5972
votes: 48

Dirtydunks wrote:
It’s been a historic season for Lou, far better than nice. When has CP ever led the league in fourth quarter scoring with the Clips or otherwise? I’m talking about with the Clips and I’ll stand by my statement. I am not saying Lou’s a better player but he’s closed more games this year then CP did in the last three years. Lou has been far more clutch. I don’t believe CP hit one of his game winning or tying shots last year and he a a bunch of opportunities.

Lol stop it.


CLIPSET
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1405
votes: 8

cobra wrote:
I agree and what if we have Lou instead of Jamal during a CP and Blake era?

Or Ray Allen


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7971
votes: 58

Dirtydunks wrote:
It’s been a historic season for Lou, far better than nice. When has CP ever led the league in fourth quarter scoring with the Clips or otherwise? I’m talking about with the Clips and I’ll stand by my statement. I am not saying Lou’s a better player but he’s closed more games this year then CP did in the last three years. Lou has been far more clutch. I don’t believe CP hit one of his game winning or tying shots last year and he a a bunch of opportunities.

Again my point, what does it take to be in the HOF? Stats. Chris Paul is a "Brand" and he has brand recognition. His brand is "Point God". People believe anything if told often enough. Without getting to a debate, MJ GOAT is a Brand like coca cola, a trade mark.He may be GOAT but the Great Unwashed are swayed by brand recognition. CP is not a leader, he does not inspire his team. He pisses people off. I would have preferred Sam and money. CP had better stats but I would prefer Milos and Lou over CP any day. Austin is a better closer. Stew "the easy deuce" Lance used to say "It's Kobe time" When did Ralph ever say "It's CP time"?

I don't believe I'm agreeing with you. Maybe it's my third Guinness.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5972
votes: 48

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Again my point, what does it take to be in the HOF? Stats. Chris Paul is a "Brand" and he has brand recognition. His brand is "Point God". People believe anything if told often enough. Without getting to a debate, MJ GOAT is a Brand like coca cola, a trade mark.He may be GOAT but the Great Unwashed are swayed by brand recognition. CP is not a leader, he does not inspire his team. He pisses people off. I would have preferred Sam and money. CP had better stats but I would prefer Milos and Lou over CP any day. Austin is a better closer. Stew "the easy deuce" Lance used to say "It's Kobe time" When did Ralph ever say "It's CP time"?

I don't believe I'm agreeing with you. Maybe it's my third Guinness.

Lol. This made no sense. Austin is a better “closer”... lmao. Just say you don’t understand basketball past PPG.

Cp3 is a point God. His stats are historical. When cp3 was on the court we were #1 in offense. When cp3 left the court we were close to dead last.

Lou is having a good season, but it’s not even close to cp3. Lou has played pretty much every game and we will still miss the playoffs.

Something we never did when Cp3 was here.

Just stop.


ClipperFaithful
Clipper 6th Man
 Avatar
Age: 42
Posts: 182
votes: 1

ClipperPostman wrote:
Lol. This made no sense. Austin is a better “closer”... lmao. Just say you don’t understand basketball past PPG.

Cp3 is a point God. His stats are historical. When cp3 was on the court we were #1 in offense. When cp3 left the court we were close to dead last.

Lou is having a good season, but it’s not even close to cp3. Lou has played pretty much every game and we will still miss the playoffs.

Something we never did when Cp3 was here.

Just stop.

I'm not doubting his stats for the first 47 mins. 50 secs., its the last 10 seconds I have a problem with (obviously besides the game 7 against the Spurs). So many times he couldn't even get a shot off at the end. It drove me crazy. When taking the last shot I would rather Lou take it than Chris.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4266
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 32

Not even going to start... I want to... but I'm not going to... so:

great win. Next up - UTAH.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7971
votes: 58

I never said he didn't have stats. I said that the stats do not always translate to winning. Put in Sam C and we would have been better. Let's get to GOAT. A bit overstated, MJ was great because he was a winner, Wilt was great because of stats and because he was Superman. A winner has an intangible quality that makes success which CP doesn't have. MJ had that quality. Wilt was lazy and dogged it half the time. It is very subjective. Definition of a closer - there are minutes left and you are losing. You say to this guy "put the ball in the hoop more times than they do and do it real fast". Give me Lou. A winner motivates his team. It is not measured in stats.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5972
votes: 48

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
I never said he didn't have stats. I said that the stats do not always translate to winning. Put in Sam C and we would have been better. Let's get to GOAT. A bit overstated, MJ was great because he was a winner, Wilt was great because of stats and because he was Superman. A winner has an intangible quality that makes success which CP doesn't have. MJ had that quality. Wilt was lazy and dogged it half the time. It is very subjective. Definition of a closer - there are minutes left and you are losing. You say to this guy "put the ball in the hoop more times than they do and do it real fast". Give me Lou. A winner motivates his team. It is not measured in stats.

Cp3 came to the clippers and had 6 straight winning seasons, also with 6 straight playoff appearances. Most of our chances of success in the playoffs were derailed by injuries to Blake griffin and lack of a decent bench.

Look at cp3’s playoff numbers. He always showed up and balled out. The others couldn’t show up.

There were many times cp3 lead this team to victory in the final minutes. Not sure what you are talking about bro.

Stop hating. Cp3 is gone. He was the best player in clippers history. 6 straight playoff appearances. The season he got here. That’s called winning.


clipper*joe
CNS Champion Ultra
 Avatar
Posts: 20436
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 159

Wow. I just noticed we won. I tuned out before the end of the 3rd qtr. I almost feel like I missed out....Almost.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs Game Day 2018-04-03
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!