Possible Draft Picks and Players You Would Draft (P. 2)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5473
votes: 89

Went to the Clipper game with my son on Saturday. When I walked out, I happened to be walking out right next to, then behind, Trae Young. He is a small guy, clearly smaller than my son who was standing right next to him and is 6'2" and 175. He's listed at 6'2" and 180. Not a chance regarding the weight and perhaps he walks a bit hunched over, but still I would say he's more like 6' and 165.

Will be interested in seeing accurate measurement at the combine.


bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 832
votes: 7

cobra wrote:
Did you just watch clippers this season? Doc has a history of not trusting a rookies and everybody knows that.
Name one rookie during Doc's time here who deserved more playing time, when they were here. Bullock sucked when he was here. Wilcox sucked too. Dawsen was a disappointment. Brice Johnson didn't show much. I know Doc drafted those guys, that's why he is a bad GM. He realized they stunk so he didn't play them.He played lots of rookies in Boston because those guys were deserving. Perkins, Rondo, Powe, Big Baby just to name a few. I have watched pretty much every Clippers game from back in the Danny Manning, Ron Harper days. I know all about Clippers past and present.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5306
votes: 40

SamMays wrote:
Went to the Clipper game with my son on Saturday. When I walked out, I happened to be walking out right next to, then behind, Trae Young. He is a small guy, clearly smaller than my son who was standing right next to him and is 6'2" and 175. He's listed at 6'2" and 180. Not a chance regarding the weight and perhaps he walks a bit hunched over, but still I would say he's more like 6' and 165.

Will be interested in seeing accurate measurement at the combine.

I figured he was smaller, everyone seems to be overstated height wise in the NBA. I really think Shai Gilgous is the one to go after, Trae could be too small and Sexton reminds me of Austin rivers 2.0


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3176
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Clips signing CJ Williams to a 3 years deal. 😢 I prefer Wallace.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5306
votes: 40

realbull17 wrote:
Clips signing CJ Williams to a 3 years deal. 😢 I prefer Wallace.

What is wrong with the front office?


LA_Clipper818
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 230
votes: 1

clipperboy24 wrote:
What is wrong with the front office?

Idk but we better sign both!


Shaa-Maan
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1365

lo.gif
votes: 12

realbull17 wrote:
Clips signing CJ Williams to a 3 years deal. 😢 I prefer Wallace.

Ah the lazy eye assassin Very Happy. Sure Wallace has a higher ceiling, but before Williams injured his ankle against the Worryors and his days ran out, he looked like a solid rotation player with a well rounded game.

I'm sure a contract for Wallace is coming as soon as the team opens up enough space under the tax to work out an agreeable (for both sides) contract with Wallace.


JudahDub
Clipper Starter
Posts: 812
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 8

I’m going to assume they chose Williams because Ty Wallace has a horrible three point shot/ percentage.

CJ was playing fantastic before he went down with injury. It could also be first come first serve.


Snafu
Clipper Starter
Posts: 949
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 5

I assume CJ's asking price was cheaper. At 28 years I don't think he's gonna get much better. I think Ty has a higher possible ceiling if you have the patience. As long as Doc and his hand picked executives are here I wonder if they have the patience to develop young players. Doc always prefers veterans.


powersurge95
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 161
Location: Pasadena
us.gif
votes: 2

Sounds like a 3 year deal with the remainder of this year being the first and two non guarantee years afterwards. Very Clipper friendly contract.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3776
Location: NY/CA
votes: 28

Sorry peeps, just saw the CJ posts here... I'm with Snafu, think it was just about $. Mind you these players are all "role players" and only look good in the absence of BG, CP, and "all-star" talent... It is easy to pick up and play alongside Austin, Lou and Milos and be able to follow the pace /pass off as good. Also helps with DJ in the middle on offense and (when he was on) defense.

So, I guess I am trying to say that it is all relative... and I am not really hoping for much outta him. He better be coming in cheap though.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5306
votes: 40

LAC_12 wrote:
Sorry peeps, just saw the CJ posts here... I'm with Snafu, think it was just about $. Mind you these players are all "role players" and only look good in the absence of BG, CP, and "all-star" talent... It is easy to pick up and play alongside Austin, Lou and Milos and be able to follow the pace /pass off as good. Also helps with DJ in the middle on offense and (when he was on) defense.

So, I guess I am trying to say that it is all relative... and I am not really hoping for much outta him. He better be coming in cheap though.

Hopelly super, decent defender and 3pt shooter but not much more than that.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5473
votes: 89

Getting really excited to look at mock drafts and wait to see where the ping pong balls land. Reminds me of the good old days.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5473
votes: 89

I've decided on the guy I want. Mikal Bridges from Villanova. He improved his shooting every season, hitting 43.5% of his threes last year. He's a 6'7" guard/forward who could turn out to be the best fit for today's NBA in this draft. Long, strong defender who can shoot.

If we can get up to #8, we should be able to get him.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5306
votes: 40

SamMays wrote:
Getting really excited to look at mock drafts and wait to see where the ping pong balls land. Reminds me of the good old days.

He definitely looks solid but I think Knox had more upside. Shai and Knox is who I'm hoping they get, that'd be a huge coup


CLIPSET
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1114
votes: 6

No to Robert Williams. Wouldn’t want to use a lottery pick on him


Clippers(AUS)
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 189
votes: 5

What do you guys think of the last Wst talk of the Clippers putting a package together for Kawhi. I personally love it and would be a quick rebuild to get us back up there. Maybe a possible lineup of

Beverly-Milos

Harris-

Kawhi

Gallo

Sign a cheap Big


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11397

rp.gif
votes: 47

Any point guard or center prospect?


Snafu
Clipper Starter
Posts: 949
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 5

I bet Spurs ask for both our picks and Harris for Kawhi. Then kawhi would have to carry our glass players and have Austin in his ear. Kawhi will love Doc.


slestack11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1300
votes: 7

Clippers(AUS) wrote:
What do you guys think of the last Wst talk of the Clippers putting a package together for Kawhi. I personally love it and would be a quick rebuild to get us back up there. Maybe a possible lineup of

Beverly-Milos

Harris-

Kawhi

Gallo

Sign a cheap Big

Don't need to sign a cheap big. We got Harrell and Boban!!!


slestack11
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1300
votes: 7

I'm hoping they get Colin Sexton from Alabama. Really athletic and can be the next Russell Westbrook type point guard.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5306
votes: 40

slestack11 wrote:
I'm hoping they get Colin Sexton from Alabama. Really athletic and can be the next Russell Westbrook type point guard.

I don’t think he has the hustle or drive of Westbrook. He is a mediocre shooter, reminds me more of D Rose. Would rather get Gilgous, he’s like a talker better shooting Bledsoe


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11397

rp.gif
votes: 47

Snafu wrote:
. Kawhi will love Doc.

Possibly. Lou loves Doc and his system so much he decided to give he clippers a discount on his contract


Options Quick Reply: RE: Possible Draft Picks and Players You Would Draft
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!