Clippers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Game Day 2018-03-09

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
david
Site Admin
Posts: 13136
votes: 52
  

Please post your predictions for the upcoming contest vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers. What must the Clippers do earn a victory? Who on the Cavaliers should L.A. be wary of? Will the game be first to 110 wins or defensively-oriented?


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5637
votes: 41

Such a hard game to predict expect ally with our inconsistent play as of late. Hoping Boban plays but not counting on it


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

clipperboy24 wrote:
Such a hard game to predict expect ally with our inconsistent play as of late. Hoping Boban plays but not counting on it

Easy game to predict. King James ain’t talking no Ls


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5637
votes: 41

ClipperPostman wrote:
Easy game to predict. King James ain’t talking no Ls

They looked pretty mediocre against Denver towards the end. But I agree overall probably a loss. Could be a blowout


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1422
votes: 7

Winning depends on Doc how to sub and match his players.


HarperGlory
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 7
votes: 0

Big game. OK, I think we win this one. Go Boban. Go Tobias.


clippers88
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 29
votes: 2

Clips have a chance. Cavs are painfully mediocre this year no matter how good Lebron has been.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

If Lebron shoots poorly we have a chance


ToadVine
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 95
votes: 2

Line has moved from Clips -1.5 to Cavs -1.5


clipperharry
Clipper Starter
Posts: 354
votes: 1

clippers by 8 , by pup harley predicts !!


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 668
votes: 12

Nice!


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

Thornwell is aggressive on the offensive end!


WickaBaskets
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 129
votes: 4

OOOph Thornwell set a hard screen on Lebrun that made him do a double take first possession of the game. He's played nice this game. I want all these guys to show out for Lebron


JudahDub
Clipper Starter
Posts: 861
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 13

Austin’s doing a good job guardinf Lebron in spots. Tobias playing bully ball that he’s making look easy (vs Blake’s out of control and yet still struggle bully ball). Dj consistent today.

In conclusion, good start finally.


JudahDub
Clipper Starter
Posts: 861
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 13

Thornwell!!!!!!!!


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

So happy for Thornwell. He's been tentative especially last game. He might finally be getting comfortable


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

And look Boban is in the game early


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

This is why Boban don't get regular minutes from Doc, Pop, and Gundy. He's just too slow even against the Cavs


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

Take out Boban and Milo


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

Harrell needs to start at PF. He is just a scoring machine. He’s proven it might after nighr


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

Dj 12-16 at the half... that’s just insane.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Sindarious >> Milos


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11401
votes: 95

Cavs just slowly chipped away at that lead, Clippers need to make another run


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19918
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 150

Dj is killing it today. he's playing with a LOT of energy. Good to see.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11401
votes: 95

Clemenza wrote:
Sindarious >> Milos
Not an easy to hide him and he does have some poor turnovers at times


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

Love Juwan’s energy! Pressures the ball 94 feet from the basket


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

Clemenza wrote:
Sindarious >> Milos

Doc may have stumbled upon a younger Bradley


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

Boban the barbarian is back. Milos sucks.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5471
votes: 45

Amazing Jeff green still gets opportunities lol... he still gets minutes based on his potential. At this point he is who he is. A bum.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

jarca wrote:
Doc may have stumbled upon a younger Bradley

I agree


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 317
votes: 3

Great all around team win. Everyone that stepped on the court played well and showed great team defense. Sindarius though! If he continues to play like this Bradley for sure will be let go.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Sindarious and Wallace could be a nice one-two combo punch for us.. plus two 1st rounders coming up. Harrell, Evans, Tobais, Lou, etc. The future looks bright!


DeadPoet
Clipper Starter
Posts: 366
Location: Muelheim Germany
gm.gif
votes: 3

Sindarious was awesome today and finally he get some good buckets. Hopefully he get some confidence now.

It was a great team effort today, so many players played good. Lance Jr. was very strong for Cleveland and really I don't know why Jeff Green played as a starter. We had bashed Doc Rivers for this move. ^^ (okay Green was better against Denver)


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52

Gospel according to Too Hip

Can you say "bad ass?" I've been saying this for quite a while. Did any of you believe me? NO! We have looked at this wrong. We aren't injured. We've thinned the herd. Thornwell was a monster. Ty may be irrelevant. Yeah the Dubs have the "talent" but we got HEART. I have a taste for raw meat.


bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 912
votes: 8

Player of the game was.......Jeff Green. I guess Doc always knew Jeff Green would help the Clippers one way or another.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Gospel according to Too Hip

Can you say "bad ass?" I've been saying this for quite a while. Did any of you believe me? NO! We have looked at this wrong. We aren't injured. We've thinned the herd. Thornwell was a monster. Ty may be irrelevant. Yeah the Dubs have the "talent" but we got HEART. I have a taste for raw meat.

Yes... but just think, we can have both Thronwell and Ty! Man the future is bright!


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11401
votes: 95

ClipperPostman wrote:
Amazing Jeff green still gets opportunities lol... he still gets minutes based on his potential. At this point he is who he is. A bum.
Still remember how many of us here were fooled by him even with all the previous examples that he was not an impact player. Size, athleticism, and inconsistency which makes it seem like "well if he can just do this more often" are a great way to fool people into thinking a player is good, though generally there will be statistics the clearly say they aren't, but "what if", right?

All that said, he's actually been efficient for Cleveland as a scorer, but after shooting about 35% 3PT his first 40 games, he's shooting 20% over the last 22 games.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11401
votes: 95

Clemenza wrote:
Sindarious and Wallace could be a nice one-two combo punch for us.. plus two 1st rounders coming up. Harrell, Evans, Tobais, Lou, etc. The future looks bright!
Yes, very nice two-way players as long as Thornwell continues to develop. The type of guys you need to surround your stars with, hopefully, they stay hungry.


bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 912
votes: 8

Agent0 wrote:
Still remember how many of us here were fooled by him even with all the previous examples that he was not an impact player. Size, athleticism, and inconsistency which makes it seem like "well if he can just do this more often" are a great way to fool people into thinking a player is good, though generally there will be statistics the clearly say they aren't, but "what if", right?
He still gets chances. So when people say that Austin is only getting chances because of nepotism, it's ridiculous. And Austin is a much better player than Green, and younger. Lots of players get 2nd and 3rd opportunities. Maybe more.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Agent0 wrote:
Yes, very nice two-way players as long as Thornwell continues to develop. The type of guys you need to surround your stars with, hopefully, they stay hungry.

They have to stay hungry.. they haven't had their first big contract yet


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3937
Location: NY/CA
votes: 31

Funny how the comments are A LOT fewer or completely do not acknowledge when...

DJ does well...

Austin does well...

Doc plays a 9 man rotation...

Carry on.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3937
Location: NY/CA
votes: 31

Did Austin play more than I would've liked? Yea... But no Bradley, no Ty... I am cool with it. He is moving the ball more and taking smarter shots, so I am not opposed to him playing. Especially the way Harris and Milos are playing as of late... Not liking the shot selection and defensive intensity (Harris started off a lot better, now he launching anything he touches.)

And for all the Boban fans... (including myself) he got in there and did his thing! I think it'd be great to give him 10-15 min a game.

And I hate to praise a player that will most likely leave in the offseason... but DJ is grooving.

I like watching this team, and we played very well! Happy with the result.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

LAC_12 wrote:
Funny how the comments are A LOT fewer or completely do not acknowledge when...

DJ does well...

Austin does well...

Doc plays a 9 man rotation...

Carry on.

It's always like that. People just lurk and wait then whine about Austin and DJ the moment they make a mistake.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11401
votes: 95

bballman wrote:
He still gets chances. So when people say that Austin is only getting chances because of nepotism, it's ridiculous. And Austin is a much better player than Green, and younger. Lots of players get 2nd and 3rd opportunities. Maybe more.
Oh yea, some guys can stick around, look at our own Wesley Johnson who has been plagued with inconsistency his whole career and everywhere he goes people think this is it. If you have the tools, some skills and even more so if you were a previous lottery pick, you get a lot of leeway


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52

jarca wrote:
It's always like that. People just lurk and wait then whine about Austin and DJ the moment they make a mistake.

People expect people to be what we expect them to be rather than what they are. When my ex was rational (usually when she was drunk) I expected her to continue to be so all the time but I ignored the fact that she was Italian/latina/jewish. Most of the time she lived up to her heritage but hope still sprang eternal. DJ and Austin have good days and bad. That's who they are. Don't expect more. Austin is a good bench player and a starter on a poor team. I was full of hope on the rare days when my Dear Departed Dog didn't steal my shoes and piss on the house plants but most of the time I was barefoot and the living room smelled like pee. That's who he was. I learned not to expect more. I was grateful for the days when I didn't need Glade.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Clippers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Game Day 2018-03-09
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!