Clippers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Day 2018-03-04 (P. 2)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6433

us.gif
votes: 39

Dirtydunks wrote:
Yes that was me responding to your chastising Jr. for “crying in public”. I said just like Schumer...which wasn’t a subjective comment. You on the other hand are the one who’s had a nerve touched, and continue to spew political subjective bs on a sports board. I’m sure Doc wouldn’t be pleased about you somehow tying him to Trump as he has very similar views to yours. The election is over and your side lost. Move on or go to a political board and rant.
It's all good man. Joe is a long time poster, and I'm pretty sure it was mainly inserted as an example of nepotism not a focus on Trump. In either case the message is clear, politics is a touchy subject, we should all just move on. There's enough tension even talking about sports.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19769
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 148

Dirtydunks wrote:
Yes that was me responding to your chastising Jr. for “crying in public”. I said just like Schumer...which wasn’t a subjective comment. You on the other hand are the one who’s had a nerve touched, and continue to spew political subjective bs on a sports board. I’m sure Doc wouldn’t be pleased about you somehow tying him to Trump as he has very similar views to yours. The election is over and your side lost. Move on or go to a political board and rant.

When you did it, it was ok, right? Now that I use a PROPER example of nepotism and how it's ruined an administration, you get riled up?

#snowflake


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19769
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 148

pageC4 wrote:
It's all good man. Joe is a long time poster, and I'm pretty sure it was mainly inserted as an example of nepotism not a focus on Trump. In either case the message is clear, politics is a touchy subject, we should all just move on. There's enough tension even talking about sports.

No biggie. I just used that example because that has been a BIG TOPIC as of late. Anyway,moving on...


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 357
votes: 6

clipper*joe wrote:
No biggie. I just used that example because that has been a BIG TOPIC as of late. Anyway,moving on...
Good deal


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19769
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 148

Dirtydunks wrote:
Good deal

Lets all move on. And yes, it was not wise to make that comparison.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6433

us.gif
votes: 39

clipper*joe wrote:
No biggie. I just used that example because that has been a BIG TOPIC as of late. Anyway,moving on...
I got it. It's relevant as an example. I just chimed in to diffuse the situation. I know sometimes one opinion can snowball into a nasty event. Just thought i'd help


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6433

us.gif
votes: 39

Well, I think most of us are pretty excited about that killer game Boban had against Denver. can't wait to see if he sustain that type of performance.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7299
votes: 51

A7XDreamTheaterClipps wrote:
Maybe Boban is completely a situational player. Maybe they try to play him in practice but can't hang.

In the game the situation was that he kicked ass.Doc's use of players is based on philosophy not on using men to the best of their ability. He's done OK so far but remember Aldrich sitting on the bench and Josh Smith stinking it up. Getting back to the political metaphor, some politicians will destroy their fiefdom in order to promote a philosophy. The governor of Kansas.

Congrats to Kobe on the Oscar. I hope the public realizes that all players aren 't Baby daddy gun totting thugs who can't conjugate a verb.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 357
votes: 6

pageC4 wrote:
I got it. It's relevant as an example. I just chimed in to diffuse the situation. I know sometimes one opinion can snowball into a nasty event. Just thought i'd help
Have you ever heard about leaving well enough alone? Now you've put your foot in your mouth, subtly taken sides and undone your supposed noble efforts. That's okay it was still a partisan stretch to say the least no matter how relevant you think it was.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3818
Location: NY/CA
votes: 30

LA_Clipper818 wrote:
The only Left and Right I’m worried about is why Wallace has been LEFT without a contract and that were headed RIGHT to the playoffs! Great game by Austin, stellar D by Thornwell. Glad we got the win!

This might be the best thing I have EVER seen on this thread... Honestly.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3818
Location: NY/CA
votes: 30

Guys we won the game.

Boban had 1 good game, yall needa cool it.

Can we complain about Doc when we LOSE.

Or if he does something wrong. I literally cannot see where we can fault the guy for this game (as well as a lot of other games.)

He is not my favorite coach in the world, and when the time comes we can shop for another head coach (or promote from within), but for now ENJOY THE WINS.


LA_Clipper818
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 246
votes: 1

LAC_12 wrote:
This might be the best thing I have EVER seen on this thread... Honestly.

Haha! Thanks! Clippers news surge gotta stay strictly basketball. However every game counts and I’m excited I’ll be at tomorrow’s game.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11457

rp.gif
votes: 47

LAC_12 wrote:
Guys we won the game.

Boban had 1 good game, y’all needa cool it.

Can we complain about Doc when we LOSE.

Or if he does something wrong. I literally cannot see where we can fault the guy for this game (as well as a lot of other games.)

He is not my favorite coach in the world, and when the time comes we can shop for another head coach (or promote from within), but for now ENJOY THE WINS.

Maybe they think Boban is the next Whiteside.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7299
votes: 51

The problem is that we shouldn't have been close. Austin played Hero Ball and won the game. Everybody had dinged him for playing hero ball except for when it works. It should have been an easy 5-7 point win. Remember the post game break down? McLean said something like "Boban should have playe. I know that Doc has his own style BUT" And stopped there. He also said that Boban, in his opinion, will be valuable in the PO's because the game will slow down. Reading between the lines, McLean said that it is stupid for Doc not to play him.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6433

us.gif
votes: 39

LA_Clipper818 wrote:
Haha! Thanks! Clippers news surge gotta stay strictly basketball. However every game counts and I’m excited I’ll be at tomorrow’s game.
every game does count. It's crazy to think that we are 7-3 in our last ten games, but New Orleans and a few other teams are just white hot and aren't losing. I'm proud of our effort, but it looks like there are some teams that are just too good to lose


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 357
votes: 6

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
The problem is that we shouldn't have been close. Austin played Hero Ball and won the game. Everybody had dinged him for playing hero ball except for when it works. It should have been an easy 5-7 point win. Remember the post game break down? McLean said something like "Boban should have playe. I know that Doc has his own style BUT" And stopped there. He also said that Boban, in his opinion, will be valuable in the PO's because the game will slow down. Reading between the lines, McLean said that it is stupid for Doc not to play him.
Every single catchable team above us has had similar games against bottom dwellers. They don't draw pictures on the scorecard. At the end of the day a win is all that matters.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7299
votes: 51

A win is not all that matters. It's how you play as well. Each game is a reflection of the quality of your play. If we won only because somebody failed to bring the ball over mid court otherwise we lose we played poorly. Yes it matters. Playing poorly but winning reflects a lack of discipline and motivation. That is not OK. Winning despite you being hampered by poor coaching or nepotism does matter. Winning by 2 points when you should have blown them out matters. Mediocre play can become a habit.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 357
votes: 6

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
A win is not all that matters. It's how you play as well. Each game is a reflection of the quality of your play. If we won only because somebody failed to bring the ball over mid court otherwise we lose we played poorly. Yes it matters. Playing poorly but winning reflects a lack of discipline and motivation. That is not OK. Winning despite you being hampered by poor coaching or nepotism does matter. Winning by 2 points when you should have predictable blown them out matters. Mediocre play can become a habit.
Nah...every single team, even the very best in all sports will have close games against lesser opponents. If everyone played at a standard or average level every night that would make the competition pretty boring. Of course that doesn't happen, however it is the teams that know how to pull those games out and win the close ones that are most successful. That has always been the case and it will always be that way. It's competition at the highest level and you cannot always be at your best. Sometimes you'll even run up against athletes and teams that perform well above their norm and either win or come very close to doing so. That's why they play the game and that's what makes sports so fun. I believe (without looking) that we have won a huge percentage of games against the bottom dwellers and even the teams that are only slightly worse. We've done a great job at winning the games we should have won especially when we've been relatively healthy..


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7299
votes: 51

Sorry but what you're saying makes no sense.

If every team played at it's average level it would be boring? In other words playing like sh*t is exciting? Your statement was that it doesn't matter how we win as long as we win. What would Popavich say to that? If you said that even though we were lazy and we won it was OK. No he would rip them a new orifice. He demands quality. The Dubs don't pull out close games.They destroy you.

The bottom line is there is no excuse for slacking off. These guys make millions and they are not to paid to do less than their best.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Clippers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Day 2018-03-04
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!