Road to 2018 Playoffs (P. 4)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clippyclip
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 691
votes: 12

Never want to see anybody hurt, but Anthony Davis injured his ankle last night, getting an MRI today. If he misses some time that may help us. Of course, we need to keep winning, and hope Denver and Utah start losing.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

clippyclip wrote:
Never want to see anybody hurt, but Anthony Davis injured his ankle last night, getting an MRI today. If he misses some time that may help us. Of course, we need to keep winning, and hope Denver and Utah start losing.

They have too many wins ahead of the clippers. We need Utah and Denver to keep losing


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

We are 3.5 games behind them. If Davis misses time they could lose that many quite easily, and if we keep winning it's not inconceivable for us to move up.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

jarca wrote:
They have too many wins ahead of the clippers. We need Utah and Denver to keep losing

Exactly. Personally, I think we're going to depend on Denver more than Utah. Utah is getting hot at the right time. Clippyclip also has a good point too. AD missing games help us, but I think that only works if he's out for more than a handful of games. Either way, we're going to need help somewhere. I don't like the way the Clippers have been playing lately. The ball movement is slowly dying down and I am seeing a lot of players looking more and more for their shots. Not as bad as before, it's it's rearing it's ugly head.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5736
votes: 47

clipper*joe wrote:
Exactly. Personally, I think we're going to depend on Denver more than Utah. Utah is getting hot at the right time. Clippyclip also has a good point too. AD missing games help us, but I think that only works if he's out for more than a handful of games. Either way, we're going to need help somewhere. I don't like the way the Clippers have been playing lately. The ball movement is slowly dying down and I am seeing a lot of players looking more and more for their shots. Not as bad as before, it's it's rearing it's ugly head.

Austin. Playing 40 minutes and a lot of time as Point Guard is brutal. He is not a playmaker. He holds the ball and doesn’t move off ball. The moment he came back our ball movement started declining.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

Also when Ty left the movement and offensive flow started stagnating. He was very good at driving and cutting, and without him we're seeing a lot more settling for 3's.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Agree with both Clipperpostman and clippyclip. By the time Wallace can come back ( G league over), I hope we're still in the playoff picture. Austin is playing well, it's just that the team is just different with him than it is without him. And that isn't meant as a compliment. Aside from that, you can't complain. Austin's offense has been pretty consistent I just can't justify all the minutes he's getting. There are other guys who played well when Austin was out that maybe Doc should throw some more crumbs to.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2268 ... f-race-nba


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

A bit of a rant. I saw the HOU/LAC thing. Why do we allow spoiled entitled players to get away with the sh*t they do and find it acceptable? I think CP is most likely a big ass*ole and hides it from the general public. The fans gave him our hearts and thousands of dollars and supported him. All he had to do when he left was say "Just time for a change, thanks for the love".The primo Don insulted us. His behavior was no different than Ron, Meta World Peace Artest yet CP got a pass. He was and is just a thug. PERIOD. Ha anybody called him what he is? No because he's "nice".

I saw Baron on TBS and that is what started this. Baron whined that he dumped the season because DTS was a racist. I didn't see him giving our thousands of dollars back for his spoiled inappropriate behavior. He was supposed to be a professional. We are their bosses not DTS Ballmer or anybody else. No fans, no money. Grant Hill I miss you. Kobe I miss you. You didn't pretend to be nice.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

^^^^^ Why do people like to associate the word "thug" with black athletes?


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

jarca wrote:
^^^^^ Why do people like to associate the word "thug" with black athletes?
I'm sure he’s just referring to him throwing his weight around in a disagreeable way which can sometimes be cancerous to a team environment. No need to read anymore than that into it.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

We paid Jordan Farmar and Carlos Delfino this year. Nice GM job, Doc.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

jarca wrote:
^^^^^ Why do people like to associate the word "thug" with black athletes?

John Gotti was a thug, Bill Lambier was a thug, The hockey player I think Gordy Howe was a thug. Any number of skin heads are thugs. Ty Cobb was a thug. Capone was a thug. Was Stockton a bit of a thug? CP is a thug it just depends on the degree.


clippers88
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 29
votes: 2

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
A bit of a rant. I saw the HOU/LAC thing. Why do we allow spoiled entitled players to get away with the sh*t they do and find it acceptable? I think CP is most likely a big ass*ole and hides it from the general public. The fans gave him our hearts and thousands of dollars and supported him. All he had to do when he left was say "Just time for a change, thanks for the love".The Don insulted us. His behavior was no different than Ron, Meta World Peace Artest yet CP got a pass. He was and is just a thug. PERIOD. Ha anybody called him what he is? No because he's "nice".

I saw Baron on TBS and that is what started this. Baron whined that he dumped the season because DTS was a racist. I didn't see him giving our thousands of dollars back for his spoiled inappropriate behavior. He was supposed to be a professional. We are their bosses not DTS Ballmer or anybody else. No fans, no money. Grant Hill I miss you. Kobe I miss you. You didn't pretend to be nice.

Lol so because a player doesn't say nice things about the organization, he's a thug? These players don't owe you or me anything. They earned their spot in the league on their own merits and don't need to make sure they didn't hurt some random fan's feelings. It's funny you miss an accused rapist like Kobe, while guys like Davis and Paul are nothing but professional off the court. Oh and how could I forget our very own Blake Griffin has beaten up a trainer and has assault allegations?

Ironic that you mention entitlement when you reek of it judging by your post.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
John Gotti was a thug, Bill Lambier was a thug, The hockey player I think Gordy Howe was a thug. Any number of skin heads are thugs. Ty Cobb was a thug. Capone was a thug. Was Stockton a bit of a thug? CP is a thug it just depends on the degree.
Thugs come in all colors.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Yes they do owe us something. That's what everybody forgets. Basketball is a SPECTATOR it's not there for the players. It is there for the SPECTATORS.We are their bosses and we pay their salary. CP, if you players have no fans, you have no money. They didn't earn their spot, we paid them for it. For all the millions they get, they owe us their best. Pouting is not allowed. I have worked with people who make me want to throw up yet I gave it 100% The spot belongs to the Clipper fans not the players. Baron screwed us fans by purposely destroying the team. He shouldn't have gotten paid. I'm a STH and he fu*ked me out of thousands of dollars. Would you have gotten paid? NO, you'd get fired. If you have children, would you tolerate what CP did? No. He attempted to assault other players for verbal insults. It's called assault and battery, "Sticks and stones may break my bones etc" Does he teach his son to act that way? Why does he get a pass because he runs around in his underwear whereas us mere mortals would be screwed? BTW I was BG's worst critic. He should have gone to jail. BG is a thug. Kobe was an ALLEGED rapist. I think the girl set him up. It happens more than you think "Honey you give up too easy, I like a big strong man." You do what she asks then, guess what. Sorry feminists but it (rarely) does happen especially when he has money. In my case the second that the bitch opened her mouth she was out the door, almost been there.

We PAID CP's salary. Somebody with true class would have bitten their tongue and said thank you to the fans who (used to) love him. We did not deserve that. You don't stop being an entitled spoiled brat when you leave the court. That's who you are.


clippers88
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 29
votes: 2

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Yes they do owe us something. That's what everybody forgets. Basketball is a SPECTATOR it's not there for the players. It is there for the SPECTATORS.We are their bosses and we pay their salary. CP, if you players have no fans, you have no money. They didn't earn their spot, we paid them for it. For all the millions they get, they owe us their best. Pouting is not allowed. I have worked with people who make me want to throw up yet I gave it 100% The spot belongs to the Clipper fans not the players. Baron screwed us fans by purposely destroying the team. He shouldn't have gotten paid. I'm a STH and he fu*ked me out of thousands of dollars. Would you have gotten paid? NO, you'd get fired. If you have children, would you tolerate what CP did? No. He attempted to assault other players for verbal insults. It's called assault and battery, "Sticks and stones may break my bones etc" Does he teach his son to act that way? Why does he get a pass because he runs around in his underwear whereas us mere mortals would be screwed? BTW I was BG's worst critic. He should have gone to jail. BG is a thug. Kobe was an ALLEGED rapist. I think the girl set him up. It happens more than you think "Honey you give up too easy, I like a big strong man." You do what she asks then, guess what. Sorry feminists but it (rarely) does happen especially when he has money. In my case the second that the bitch opened her mouth she was out the door, almost been there. .

You are incredibly delusional if you believe you had anything to do with an NBA player's success. You did not pay for them to train and on their craft. You didn't help them get drafted. You didn't bless them with their athletic abilities. You contribute nothing other than watching the games and/or buying merchandise. The fact that you do think the player's owe you something says a lot about you that any player. And when did Paul ever assault someone lol? Is a push or shove on the court considered assault now lol? Then every player would have charges! (If you're referring to the locker room invasion (lol), it was already stated by the NBA he was an attempted peacemaker and it was Ariza would had beef with Austin).

And by the way, it's funny you would give the benefit of the doubt to Kobe, a widely known POS on and off the court, but call our own players thugs who have never been in any such scandal. You don't have to be a feminist to give the woman leeway considering how incredibly rare a victim would lie about a r***. But instead you resort to calling her a bitch. You just sound like a bitter old man whining about not getting his way.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

First, the woman was a bitch, she was either trying to extort money, a number followed by a lot of zeros or have me arrested out of meanness. I never touched her or said anything wrong, I only acted like a gentleman. This happens more often than you think but "No" means "No". Keep living son. You need a taste of reality. A man is innocent of a crime like r*** until proven guilty in a court. Kobe was never convicted. How many millions get she get? Wake up.

.Of course I have something to do with the player's financial success. So do you. The NBA is irrelevant to anything except as a source of OUR entertainment. Some say that Bridezila is more relevant to them and in all probability more people watch Breaking Bad than the NBA. Those shows are actually more important to the world than CP's talent. He runs around in his underwear putting a leather sphere through a hoop. He doesn't rescue people from burning buildings. Training , talent etc have no value unless people like me and YOU are willing to pay for it. YOU are their boss. The NBA is a commodity.' no different than shoes. The WNBA players train and work as hard as NBA players. Why don't they get paid as much? Because as a commodity their market value is less. In the US more people watch Kim Kadrassian's a*s so it is more important than the NBA. We pay Taylor Swift to watch her on tv (commercials) We pay to see her live and we pay to have her merchandise. What's the difference between her and LeBron? Nothing. YOU AND I paid CP's salary and off the court he insulted us then he tried to start a fight. You don't stop being a thug when you leave the stadium. Is this what he teaches his kid? Bad behavior should not be tolerated Period.

Grow up.

Please feel free to have the last word.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31
Lol what...? What does any of this have to do with the Road to 2018 playoffs? But I got a whole lotta respect for TooHip so I'll join the conversation and say... you're both right. TooHip not sure what you are referencing about CP3... is he salty? Yeah, he was the superstar and we chose BG over him when BG was the problem. It made no sense to him, or me. But he has every right to leave his job and pursue better prospects. Just like you have every right to drop your season tickets (like I did few seasons ago.) Now the nuance....


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

Man tough to choose who to root for today between the Pelicans and Jazz, but I suppose I have to go with NO to get us some breathing room. Hoping Sac decides not to keep tanking today and somehow comes up with a W against the Nugs, too.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Let's enjoy this because after the road trip we may be a game or 2 behind the 8th spot


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

LAC_12 wrote:
Lol what...? What does any of this have to do with the Road to 2018 playoffs?

But I got a whole lotta respect for TooHip so I'll join the conversation and say... you're both right.

TooHip not sure what you are referencing about CP3... is he salty? Yeah, he was the superstar and we chose BG over him when BG was the problem. It made no sense to him, or me. But he has every right to leave his job and pursue better prospects.

.

When did this happen? No one forced Paul out, he's the one that chose James Harden and Morey over Griffin and Doc (the president at the time), and that's fine, I would make the choice too, and he's allowed to do so, but let's not revise history here and make it seem like he was slighted, we didn't choose anyone over him. Ballmer was going to give him a full 5 year max at 30+ years old, there's nothing to be salty about.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

jarca wrote:
Let's enjoy this because after the road trip we may be a game or 2 behind the 8th spot
This playoff race is quite wild, very fun though


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

jarca wrote:
Let's enjoy this because after the road trip we may be a game or 2 behind the 8th spot

That's the fun part of this season. We're a team of overachievers mired in quagmire of injuries. Not to mention we let go all of our star power and became a generic brand of our former self. Last season, I dreaded the playoffs because I knew we were going to underachieve. Last 2 seasons, I lost a lot of interest, I was running on empty on this team. This season is different, feels like the "old clippers" overachieving again. Kinda like the 2005-2006 season.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Stupid warriors lol every time They have a chance to help the clippers SMH


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

Haha yep and the Jazz won and Nuggets are destroying the Kings. Buckle up. No matter what happens, though, this is the most fun I've had as a fan in years.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53
You missed my point. CP was supposed to be Mr Squeaky Clean good father/role model. The whole board complained that he was disrespectful when he left and was disrespectful during the interview. WE not management don't deserve that. The consensus on the board was that Mr. Role Model should have kept his mouth shut. He never said "FANS (not management) I love you, thanks for the support but it's time to move on." It didn't matter why he left, I would have applauded. We fans (friends) don't deserve that as this board said. HE DID NOT TAKE THE HIGH ROAD as a role model for kids should. His State Farm commercials throw subtle jabs at LAC. We beat him and he blew up. Yes Austin was inappropriate but it was an ONLY AN INSULT. He did not touch CP. Instead of taking the High Road, like a thug he tried to break into the locker room and start a fist fight/brawl. Does he teach his son to respond with violence when he loses or insulted? Yes there are fighting words but do it one on one, not a GANG WAR. This is not the Clip team of old. We haven't kept the ball over 8 seconds, allowed a stupid three or been the Keystone Cops. Doc took a team that was more injured that not in the first part of the season.Then he was given a totally new team mid season. He could be Coach of the Year. They had never player together. We were not embarrassed. We are a superstar away from being REALLY good. The team plays together well without primo dons. I don't expect this team to choke creatively like with HOU or OKC. I knew that they wouldn't quit. People aren't laughing....


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3007
votes: 11

clipper*joe wrote:
Agree with both Clipperpostman and clippyclip. By the time Wallace can come back ( G league over), I hope we're still in the playoff picture. Austin is playing well, it's just that the team is just different with him than it is without him. And that isn't meant as a compliment. Aside from that, you can't complain. Austin's offense has been pretty consistent I just can't justify all the minutes he's getting. There are other guys who played well when Austin was out that maybe Doc should throw some more crumbs to.
I agree that we're definitely feeling the loss of Wallace, and it's exacerbated by the loss of Gallo (again), and Bradley. Would have been nice if a deal could've been reached before this upcoming stretch, but it looks like we're going to have to ride it out with what we've got. Guess we just have to hope that Lou & Harris get hot and DJ continues dominating the boards. Think by the end of the month we'll know whether we're in or out.


proverbs
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 62
votes: 7


Repped High Quality Post

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
First, the woman was a bitch, she was either trying to extort money, a number followed by a lot of zeros or have me arrested out of meanness. I never touched her or said anything wrong, I only acted like a gentleman. This happens more often than you think but "No" means "No". Keep living son. You need a taste of reality. A man is innocent of a crime like r*** until proven guilty in a court. Kobe was never convicted. How many millions get she get? Wake up.

I apologize in advance because there shouldn't be any personal insults here, but seriously, this guy is a moron lol his string of posts on this topic are the most idiot posts on this board. Ironically, he sounds like a entitled spoiled brat b*tch, by calling other people entitled spoiled brat bitches. It really sounds like a guy where his mommy and daddy spoon fed him and now he cries whenever he doesn't get his way. Telling other people to GROW UP? You really need to look in the mirror.

And for defending Kobe LOL! Are you serious?! It's been awhile, so I understand that people could forget what happened--

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-brya ... turbing-ra pe-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession?re f=scroll

Or Google, dailybeast kobe colarado r*** case

Comparing BG punching a guy and CP3 being a "brat" to Kobe's r*** case is so ridiculous, it makes you look like a ignorant ass fool.

Ok. Now, let's get back on topic.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5736
votes: 47

proverbs wrote:
I apologize in advance because there shouldn't be any personal insults here, but seriously, this guy is a moron lol his string of posts on this topic are the most idiot posts on this board. Ironically, he sounds like a entitled spoiled brat b*tch, by calling other people entitled spoiled brat bitches. It really sounds like a guy where his mommy and daddy spoon fed him and now he cries whenever he doesn't get his way. Telling other people to GROW UP? You really need to look in the mirror.

And for defending Kobe LOL! Are you serious bruh?! It's been awhile, so I understand that people could forget what happened--

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-brya ... turbing-ra pe-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession?re f=scroll

Or Google, dailybeast kobe colarado r*** case

Comparing BG punching a guy and CP3 being a "brat" to Kobe's r*** case is so ridiculous, it makes you look like a ignorant ass fool.

Ok. Now, let's get back on topic.

Not jumping into personal stuff but I followed the facts of the case and it was clear extortion. Happens all the time to athletes and public figures. They found a bunch of different guys DNA in her. She was sleeping around and lucked up on Kobe.

Stop with the BS bro.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

ClipperPostman wrote:
Not jumping into personal stuff but I followed the facts of the case and it was clear extortion. Happens all the time to athletes and public figures. They found a bunch of different guys DNA in her. She was sleeping around and lucked up on Kobe.

Stop with the BS bro.

Uhhh...No one knows what happened except Kobe and her. Didn't he pay her off?


proverbs
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 62
votes: 7

ClipperPostman wrote:
Not jumping into personal stuff but I followed the facts of the case and it was clear extortion. Happens all the time to athletes and public figures. They found a bunch of different guys DNA in her. She was sleeping around and lucked up on Kobe.

Stop with the BS bro.

You obviously did not follow the case at all. Very ignorant to sum this case up the way you did.

Please remember that because of people like you, women we're scared to speak up about being raped or sexually assaulted.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5736
votes: 47

Off topic. I’ll leave it at that


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5736
votes: 47

Dirtydunks wrote:
Uhhh...No one knows what happened except Kobe and her. Didn't he pay her off?

Yes and that is what extortion is. If you raped my mother no amount of money will make us drop the case. Generally with high profile figures you will pay to make the accuser who is the star witness not testify. Many lawyers know this, which is why they leech onto false accusers when the accused is rich and famous.


proverbs
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 62
votes: 7

ClipperPostman wrote:
Straw man. Provides facts to the contrary of what I said. If what I said is false show and prove my inaccuracies. Hurling juvenile insults and making non-correlated assumptions are just smoke screens. Show me the proof that was presented that indicated r*** besides this ladies inaccurate testimony.

There was plenty of evidence to provide proof of vindication. I’ll wait..

Looks like you already came to your own conclusion.

You say, it was "CLEAR extortion" -- this is a fact? How do you know this?

"Happens all the time to athletes and public figures" -- well, I will say that many (I would go as far as saying MOST) wealthy athletes sleep around, cheat on their wives, and pay their side-chicks by buying them gifts, cars, houses, etc. -- but the important thing to note is, both parties have a mutual agreement (similar to Kobe and his side-chick at the time, Michelle, and Shaq).

They found a bunch of different guys DNA in her -- REALLY? From what I remember, it was one other guy, and she told the police she had sex with the other dude a few days before the being with Kobe.

She was sleeping around and lucked up on Kobe -- this is a fact? LOL. I would not call getting raped "luck".

I think you need to check your facts before telling other people to check theirs.

Ok, seriously though. That's it for this topic.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

proverbs wrote:
I apologize in advance because there shouldn't be any personal insults here, but seriously, this guy is a moron lol his string of posts on this topic are the most idiot posts on this board. Ironically, he sounds like a entitled spoiled brat b*tch, by calling other people entitled spoiled brat bitches. It really sounds like a guy where his mommy and daddy spoon fed him and now he cries whenever he doesn't get his way. Telling other people to GROW UP? You really need to look in the mirror.

And for defending Kobe LOL! Are you serious bruh?! It's been awhile, so I understand that people could forget what happened--

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-brya ... turbing-ra pe-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession?re f=scroll

Or Google, dailybeast kobe colarado r*** case

Comparing BG punching a guy and CP3 being a "brat" to Kobe's r*** case is so ridiculous, it makes you look like a ignorant ass fool.

Ok. Now, let's get back on topic.

I thought you were not going to make personal attacks. That sure as hell sounds like one.I will not respond in kind by personally attacking you. I am not your Bruh or anything else that implies a relationship, friendship or anything close. Please don't call me that. Please call me ass*ole and a spoiled bit*h and a moron. If you ever respond to my posts please start your reply with those words.If you do respond please read the post first so you can come up with an insult that reflects its tone. Then you can come up with the correct one. If you then cannot think of as proper insult, I will help you out. Please ask. Alternatively David could start a poll. I will accept fu*k brain or dip sh*t as well. Thank you in advance. Please read the site rules. As far as the post I said I will let you have the last word but I changed my mind. No matter what newspapers or ANYBODY, says, a man is Innocent of a crime until proven guilty in court. Kobe is innocent of any crime- period. He did not have his day in court. The facts have not been testified to in court under penalty of perjury so they aren't legal facts. This is not a debatable, it's a basic American right even though the pea brained moron said it. Let's move on.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31
OK... here is where I will try to tie it ALL together and get back on track... There are many people who do bad things... Kobe raping a woman is not on the same level of BG punching a trainer is not on the same level as CP having bad attitude and not being grateful. Agent this is NOT revisionist history... I know you are intelligent and I will respond to you giving you that respect: CP left because we were keeping BG. Simple as that. He traded in BG for Harden (as you said!) He knew we were not going anywhere....


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

You are still missing the point, everybody has. Almost all of the replies have absolutely nothing to do with my post. Most of the ire stems from things people added not things I said. Maybe my explanation was poor - but moving right along.

Why is Avery out so long? An inguinal hernia is fixed with a scope. It's an outpatient procedure. I was back to work in seven days. They have some of the best in the country here. A lot will depend on ball movement and our best PG is Lou. Our shooters aren't good enough to hang around behind the line and pump threes. However we have guys who are good inside. Trezzl is unguardable. Lou and Austin can get inside at will. Tobias is a good post up player. GIVEN THE RIGHT SITUATION, DJ can be a holy terror inside. Ty could get inside and Thornwell ain't bad. Dribbling the ball isn't going to get it. Side to side and nasty screens, We're tough enough to do that. Maybe forget the three and go short jumper off screen rolls. Wes can hit a short jumper. They can sag off of our three point shooters but not short twos. Rebounds will be short. This will help group rebounding. Doc did that in BOS. Worked for CP Worked for JJ. We need Tobias to post up less and shoot more.


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3007
votes: 11

Double post.


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1091
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 7

Well Spurs are currently a lottery team. Was the last time they were in the lottery when they got Duncan? Clippers decided not to go tank mode but I still would have liked a juicy lottery pick. Good thing we traded BG cause the Spurs may/could get a better pick than the one the Clippers earn. Can't wait for the off-season to see witch FO does a better job.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Enjoy this guys hahhaha we’re in 7th place but they don’t take care of business tomorrow they’re gonna go back down


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3007
votes: 11

jarca wrote:
Enjoy this guys hahhaha we’re in 7th place but they don’t take care of business tomorrow they’re gonna go back down
Think we should win tomorrow, it's the stretch coming after that we have to worry about.


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3007
votes: 11
LAC_12 wrote:
OK... here is where I will try to tie it ALL together and get back on track... If BG could've been as dominant as Harden, then a lot could've worked out imo. BUT HE WASN'T. Yet the Clippers decided that it was cool to keep him and continue paying him outrageous amounts of money and include him in long term plans. I am 100% sure CP told management he wanted BG traded OR that we add a Harden-like player to scoot BG in a #3 role (where he is better suited to be anyway.) THAT is why CP3 left. That is why....


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

A close look at the schedule tells me 9 - 8 the rest of the way, if we keep it together through a rough period early on.

And San Antonio appears done.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

SamMays wrote:
A close look at the schedule tells me 9 - 8 the rest of the way, if we keep it together through a rough period early on.

And San Antonio appears done.

Agree with this. Just sucks that Utah and Denver have much better schedule than us. Maybe NO will somehow self-sabotage.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

LAC_12 wrote:

Interesting how CP3 was right - or how I was right about BG. We traded him before DJ! It is a shame we came to that realization AFTER letting go of CP. We wouldn't be scraping the bottom of the playoffs with CP3 - I can guarantee you that (I don't have to, look at where the rockets are.)

But this group we have now is interesting too. Going to be a rocky ride, and I see us being competitive even against the "best". I like our chances.

CP was right? You and I were right first as we were fighting off the slings and arrows of the less learned. At least the last part of the season is at home. We keep forgetting that this team has played together for how many weeks with how many line ups and they kick azz. They will be A LOT better in April.

Again getting into trouble, we will be better off without CP. Yeah he has stats but. Have you noticed how (at times) the ball zips around like the Spurs? The offense isn't the same old same ole. Yeah he got assists but now everybody does. The ball isn't glued to one guy's hand as he dribbles. BG could have lead if he wanted to and he wasn't hurt. CP can't carry a team. He's not Hardin. Throw Lillard or Lowrey in the mix on the bench. Would CP be better for the squad?


ArtMaggot
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Posts: 464
votes: 18


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

ArtMaggot wrote:

I’ll buy in! Let’s go


A7XDreamTheaterClipps
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1252
votes: 17

ArtMaggot wrote:
I'm all for it, brother. I want to use this in another forum. I'll give you credit.


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 538
votes: 7

Turns out kawhi might be out longer than expected. Already ruled out this Thursday.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Road to 2018 Playoffs
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!