Clippers at Sacramento Kings Game Day 2018-01-11

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
david
Site Admin
Posts: 12855
votes: 49
  

What are your thoughts on the game today versus the Sacramento Kings? The guys must do what well to get the victory? Who on the on should L.A. focus on? Will the game be very high-scoring or defensively-oriented?


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1460

calif.gif
votes: 25

This is an extremely important game. My most optimistic predictions didn't have us beating the Warriors once, but the fact that we did puts us a game ahead of schedule so we must keep up that momentum by defeating the Kings tonight and again on Saturday. We have to crush them, break their spirit, convince them that they're nothing but a tanking team that will serve as cannon fodder for our up and coming Clippers.

We could wind up the 8th seed before the weekend is over. Maybe even 7th if Denver slips, With plenty of time to continue to move up the standings for the rest of the season.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19383
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 148


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11038

rp.gif
votes: 47

clipper*joe wrote:

Hope they play. Scared of this game. Don't think the lowly King's will under estimate us


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6944
votes: 50

What's with CJ Watson's ankle? A lot will depend on that.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19383
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 148


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19383
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 148


clipperharry
Clipper Starter
Posts: 314
votes: 0

clipper by 20+ pts


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1460

calif.gif
votes: 25

No excuses, no surrender!


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 10825
votes: 91

A little win streak and the Clippers could move up to somewhere between 5th and 8th in the West.

For supposedly having two top 10-15 players (according to many), New Orleans has been very mediocre. Wasn't it just last season that a few were calling Gentry a better fish than Doc? Two top 10-15 players, a supposedly above average coach in Gentry, decent enough role players to at least win 50+ games, we're not talking about being a contender, just good, but instead they are just hovering around 500.

The lower half of the West has probably not been as impressive as people would have expected. I think a lot of people were thinking it would be one of those seasons where you need like 47-48 wins to even make the playoffs in the West, or at worst, 45 wins to get the 8th seed. As of now, it does not look like that is the case.


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

So far so good. Doesn't seem like there is a hangover from last night, which is good.


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

Now DJ is hurt. Come on, this is ridiculous. Can we go a game without someone going down?


Clemenza
Clipper Starter
Posts: 876
votes: 12

Montrezz is a beast!!

Hope DJ is alright


Anxioustobebest
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1206
votes: 1

BG is no effect, honestly, if I didn't look hard enough wouldn't know he was on the court.


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

Come on Blake you need to be more aggressive.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11038

rp.gif
votes: 47

That footage of DJ screaming in anger after being told he can't come back in says it all about his competitive nature. The team is probably wants to keep him safe since they're gonna trade him


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11038

rp.gif
votes: 47

ClipperDodger1214 wrote:
Come on Blake you need to be more aggressive.

Naw he needs to let the offense flow into him. Aggressive Blake tends to over dribble and hold on to the ball too long. Team is more effective when they're less predictable on offense


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

I feel your pain George Hill. You never wish that on anyone.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1150
votes: 5

They played better with Blake and Milos in the bench.


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

That was a big run to close out the 3rd. Already at Lawler's Law. Hope they can finish this out. We need this game.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11038

rp.gif
votes: 47

Freaking Blake WTH are u doing


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1150
votes: 5

Doc should just let the bench finish the game. Blake in the floor change the offense and lazy on defense.


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

Turning the ball over way too much.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1150
votes: 5

This is what I am saying the bench playing good and then Doc put the starter back and lost the lead.


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

Randolph is destroying Blake with that jump shot.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11038

rp.gif
votes: 47

Freaking eh and we're gonna trade everybody and build around Blake SMH


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

Come on ref! That was not a foul.


Clemenza
Clipper Starter
Posts: 876
votes: 12

Wtf is Blake doing out there???


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

Clemenza wrote:
Wtf is Blake doing out there???

He shouldn't have played tonight. Looks completely lost out there. Almost lost this game by himself.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11038

rp.gif
votes: 47

Wallace! Don't let this guy go


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2149
votes: 8

Glad they pulled this out. When DJ went down I was very concerned. But the rest of the squad stepped up and picked everyone up. No thanks to Blake though, he nearly lost this game by himself.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11038

rp.gif
votes: 47

I am very conflicted as a fan. I want that draft pick but I am also interested on a Cinderella playoff run. Kinda impressive what Doc, Lou, and Dj have done with all the craziness that happened in the season. As a fan it's just hard to watch the game and root for them to lose even though the next draft class looks solid


LA_Clipper818
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 128
votes: 0

Blake looked a little off but still almost got a triple double. Overall great team win though.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1150
votes: 5

We should win the game again on Saturday vs the Kings and praying the trailblazer will beat the Pelicans tomorrow and bingo we will go up at 8 place.


Clemenza
Clipper Starter
Posts: 876
votes: 12

jarca wrote:
I am very conflicted as a fan. I want that draft pick but I am also interested on a Cinderella playoff run. Kinda impressive what Doc, Lou, and Dj have done with all the craziness that happened in the season. As a fan it's just hard to watch the game and root for them to lose even though the next draft class looks solid

I'm the same way but now we're in the grey area of winning too many games to tank and almost in the zone of trading Lou and DJ would be asinine


Clippers(AUS)
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 164
votes: 4

Blake was to passive again tonight. He should have sat out again


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1460

calif.gif
votes: 25

jarca wrote:
I am very conflicted as a fan. I want that draft pick but I am also interested on a Cinderella playoff run. Kinda impressive what Doc, Lou, and Dj have done with all the craziness that happened in the season. As a fan it's just hard to watch the game and root for them to lose even though the next draft class looks solid

All of our guys are proving to be extremely valuable. We may not need to tank to get a good draft pick. Also we already have one which I believe we can still swap for another first round? does it work like that? We'd just need to include another asset like Dekker, Harrell, etc


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1460

calif.gif
votes: 25

This was a great win! We knew it wasn't going to be easy going in, but they guys stayed locked in and pulled out the victory in the end. Solid game from Blake. I love looking at his stat lines sometimes because he does so many different things for us at once. How about that clutch 3 tho?

Very happy to get Milos back. Lou is just insane. Harrell??? Goodness gracious, is he a beast! Sad to see DJ go down, but like Trezz said post game: "NEXT MAN UP!"


CLIPSET
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1015
votes: 4

Almost hard to believe that we're only 2 games back of the 5 see. Crazy


clipfan63
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 2874
votes: 10

Great win, Wallace continues to impress. The FO needs to be looking now at ways to sign this kid when the 45 days are up, he's something else.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 12855
votes: 49

Road wins are never easy, and there could have been a letdown after the big W at GS, so good to see the guys pull it out. Blake was a bit rusty to be expected, & hopefully DJ will be back soon. Montrezl another nice game- he is a good finisher inside, so what a combo to have him on the floor at the same time with Milos. Lou Williams- he's been playing like Steph Curry- just unbelievable.

And yes- lock Wallace up to a 3 year contract for a good price before it's too late! What a steal and dunk to seal the game!


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6944
votes: 50

We have three good rookies. What's the difference between them and draft picks?

Just when I had something good to say about Doc he reverts. Why in the blue hell was his game plan to play iso with Lou? It was "dribble around, give the ball to Lou and let him shoot" Doc almost lost the game. As far as BG being passive, how can you do anything when the coach has you as a second or third option playing pick and pop and never running plays to get him in the paint. MIlos Trezz and BG should have owned the paint. Both are oxen and unlike DJ both have an offensce and unlike DJ they work hard in the paint. Don't blame BG

Trez is too short to rebound against somme of the bigger guys. Why in the blue hell didn't he put Reed in? Why does Doc like Small Ball when he doesn't have to play it? Reed has a decent 10 foot shot unlike DJ. As long as he stays out of foul trouble why not use him? Why did Doc have Trez and BG in at the same time and keep BG out of the paint? Doc did his level best to lose this one. I hope he uses Reed instead of Trezz at center. He will use Trezz at center against true 7' guys and Dekker at PF. These guys play their hearts out and they don't need this sh*t.

Did Brice sh*t in the punch bowl? Dekker is worthless. Doc has played everybody else. Maybe it's attitude but he needs some burn.


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Age: 27
Posts: 1460

calif.gif
votes: 25

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
We have three good rookies. What's the difference between them and draft picks?

Just when I had something good to say about Doc he reverts. Why in the blue hell was his game plan to play iso with Lou? It was "dribble around, give the ball to Lou and let him shoot" Doc almost lost the game. As far as BG being passive, how can you do anything when the coach has you as a second or third option playing pick and pop and never running plays to get him in the paint. MIlos Trezz and BG should have owned the paint. Both are oxen and unlike DJ both have an offensce and unlike DJ they work hard in the paint. Don't blame BG

Trez is too short to rebound against somme of the bigger guys. Why in the blue hell didn't he put Reed in? Why does Doc like Small Ball when he doesn't have to play it? Reed has a decent 10 foot shot unlike DJ. As long as he stays out of foul trouble why not use him? Why did Doc have Trez and BG in at the same time and keep BG out of the paint? Doc did his level best to lose this one. I hope he uses Reed instead of Trezz at center. He will use Trezz at center against true 7' guys and Dekker at PF. These guys play their hearts out and they don't need this sh*t.

Did Brice sh*t in the punch bowl? Dekker is worthless. Doc has played everybody else. Maybe it's attitude but he needs some burn.

Brice is a lost cause, he needs to be released or traded or trapped in an alternate time-space continuum somewhere. He's trash, garbage, and needs to be off the team so we can sign Wallace, Williams or even Wilson.

Dekker is a high IQ guy with low confidence in his shot. We should probably be looking to move him for a 2ndrdpick or in a package to get a first. He DEFINITELY has value, though probably not worth more than a 2nd rounder. He's still a good player with some very good potential, and the second his shot starts falling 34%+ he'll be a weapon and asset for any team. Don't let his cold shooting fool you, please. He's still 22/23yo and I see a lot of potential in him because of high IQ and skills. He really just needs confidence and maybe a little yoga.


Dirtydunks
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 201
votes: 2

Keatonsays wrote:
All of our guys are proving to be extremely valuable. We may not need to tank to get a good draft pick. Also we already have one which I believe we can still swap for another first round? does it work like that? We'd just need to include another asset like Dekker, Harrell, etc

Trade Harrell...heck no. Why would you even want to roll the dice with a draft choice for Harrell? He's a keeper and is an essential must keep. You'd be extremely fortunate to get anyone even nearly as effective as him in the draft unless your talking about a top 5 pick or so. No thanks.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3179
Location: NY/CA
votes: 25

Dirtydunks wrote:
Trade Harrell...heck no. Why would you even want to roll the dice with a draft choice for Harrell? He's a keeper and is an essential must keep. You'd be extremely fortunate to get anyone even nearly as effective as him in the draft unless your talking about a top 5 pick or so. No thanks.

My exact argument for DJ.

Before I get blasts about contracts, and the NBA being a business, and DJ not wanting to be here... just look at my previous posts. There are reasons to reward consistent and good performance (in addition to a lack of absenteeism, cough, cough).


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1150
votes: 5

The way our pick last year play and our pick on CP trade, I don't think we really need a lot of new player, I think we just need to dump IMO a player like Gallo, Brice, Wes and Beverly and sign Wallace and CJ Williams, If DJ want to stay give us some discount so we can re-sign Lou Williams. Develop this rookies because they have skill.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6944
votes: 50

As far as Dekker, as I've said many times before, IQ star power ,dedication or anything else mean nothing. Putting a leather sphere in a metal hoop with high frequency does Period. Sam Doesn't do that. I'd rather have a scorer who's dumb. Somebody asked Sonny Liston how he beat Floyd Patterson so quickly. Sonny said "I hit the SOB in the head" No IQ but gets then job done.

As far as Brice, how do we know he's trash unless he gets minutes? I would get signed before DJ takes a discount. He thinks he's Max. Us offering less may be considered an insult until he tests the market to find his worth. Then he might not come back. Everybody assumes that he wants to be here. Maybe he wants to leave.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1150
votes: 5

Deleted..


Dirtydunks
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 201
votes: 2

LAC_12 wrote:
My exact argument for DJ.

Before I get blasts about contracts, and the NBA being a business, and DJ not wanting to be here... just look at my previous posts. There are reasons to reward consistent and good performance (in addition to a lack of absenteeism, cough, cough).

Totally agree. Sign DJ and continue as is. We're in great shape moving forward if we resign DJ. If you can get a star like PG for him then fine but other then a true star player or a top draft pick and pieces we should pass. I think we will resign him.


Dirtydunks
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 201
votes: 2

cobra wrote:
The way our pick last year play and our pick on CP trade, I don't think we really need a lot of new player, I think we just need to dump IMO a player like Gallo, Brice, Wes and Beverly and sign Wallace and CJ Williams, If DJ want to stay give us some discount so we can re-sign Lou Williams. Develop this rookies because they have skill.
Agree. I like Beverly but suddenly we are loaded at that position.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Clippers at Sacramento Kings Game Day 2018-01-11
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!