Clippers at Golden State Warriors Game Day 2018-01-10 (P. 2)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 813
votes: 5

Sweet Lou!!


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

When was the last win against this team, like 3 years ago?


JudahDub
Clipper Starter
Posts: 911
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 14

Agent0 wrote:
When was the last win against this team, like 3 years ago?
regular season? I still remember, Dec 2011, Christmas

edit: i meant 2014 not 20111


david
Site Admin
Posts: 13568
votes: 52

Agent0 wrote:
When was the last win against this team, like 3 years ago?

Yeah seriously- I don't even know when was the last time the Clippers won at Oracle. Maybe in the playoffs that one year in the first round?


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6172
votes: 42

Wow what a huge win. Wallace looks great


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Agent0 wrote:
When was the last win against this team, like 3 years ago?

Yea that was the x-mas game


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 813
votes: 5

PagingDrDrain wrote:
Dekker has been playing with a lot of maturity lately and has been more confident on the floor. It's nice to see the defense of this bench in this last stretch. Lets hope the keep this up.

This is why I like Dekker better than Wesley. Now that Wesley is back playing Dekker has seen less minutes and the confidence has gone down but he played well in this game as he got more minutes.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 13568
votes: 52

You can tell that this group is having a lot of fun playing ball vs the seemingly mundane, tired performances fans have seen from Clipper teams in the last few seasons.


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 421
votes: 3

Man without Lou we'd be a G league team. Crazy? Great win. Wallace played great as well. What's going to happen when our guards come back. C.J. and Wallace have both been amazing.


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 813
votes: 5

Great game by Wallace and sweet Lou on a bad note we lost our 2 way player C.J. Even if we didn't keep him he was playing well and would of been picked up right away.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

Wow.

We thought we had a real gem in Thornwell. Wallace has made him obsolete.

When I see what this second unit has done, it makes me wonder what the point of trading DJ is. It makes no sense trading him for quality depth, because we already have that. We need to take back a high first round pick, or a near all-star level SF along with an adequate Center.

Bring back a backcourt of Milos, Lou, Austin, Wallace and Evans.

Frontcourt: DJ, Blake, CJ, Dekker, Harrrell, Danillo, Reed.


ClipperDodger1214
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2245
votes: 9

Great game. What a great night by Lou. I know the Warriors weren't fully loaded, but still, this is a nice win. Hope it gives the team some confidence, especially the youngsters.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Just tuned into ESPN and they're saying now Lou is also a trade bait


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

jarca wrote:
Just tuned into ESPN and they're saying now Lou is also a trade bait

He is trade bait but after a win like this you wonder to yourself what if we get at least semi healthy and make say the 6th seed in the playoffs.. and what if a guy like Curry on the Warriors gets injured? Cause really that long losing streak to the Warriors was pretty much all him imo. Maybe a CP3 injury on the Rockets come playoff time is not far fetched- which we know about really well. I don't know what to do really. I really love this upcoming draft but we really have a deep team if healthy. But DJ can also walk at the end of the year and leave us empty handed. Jerry West has his hands full this next month or so


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 813
votes: 5

jarca wrote:
Just tuned into ESPN and they're saying now Lou is also a trade bait

If anything I strongly back up signing Lou. The bad part of it is his net worth will be high with all this success he has acquired as a clipper. But if he is traded we are screwed.

Can we move Wesley and Thornwell?? To make room for Wallace and C.J.?


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 813
votes: 5

Clemenza wrote:
He is trade bait but after a win like this you wonder to yourself what if we get at least semi healthy and make say the 6th seed in the playoffs.. and what if a guy like Curry on the Warriors gets injured? Cause really that long losing streak to the Warriors was pretty much all him imo. Maybe a CP3 injury on the Rockets come playoff time is not far fetched- which we know about really well. I don't know what to do really. I really love this upcoming draft but we really have a deep team if healthy. But DJ can also walk at the end of the year and leave us empty handed. Jerry West has his hands full this next month or so

Yes the big problem to solve is the DJ saga. If we don't trade him he can easily walk off and we end up with nothing or we can trade for something and I mean something that would benefit the team. Hard decision.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Clemenza wrote:
He is trade bait but after a win like this you wonder to yourself what if we get at least semi healthy and make say the 6th seed in the playoffs.. and what if a guy like Curry on the Warriors gets injured? Cause really that long losing streak to the Warriors was pretty much all him imo. Maybe a CP3 injury on the Rockets come playoff time is not far fetched- which we know about really well. I don't know what to do really. I really love this upcoming draft but we really have a deep team if healthy. But DJ can also walk at the end of the year and leave us empty handed. Jerry West has his hands full this next month or so

I wonder what's Blake's trade value hmmm. Because in my opinion, Doc, Lou, and DJ are the three people I this team that has helped it stay somewhat competitive. But in a weird twist, all 3 may be gone by next season.


ClipperPostman
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5736
votes: 47
cisco805 wrote:
If anything I strongly back up signing Lou. The bad part of it is his net worth will be high with all this success he has acquired as a clipper. But if he is traded we are screwed. Can we move Wesley and Thornwell?? To make room for Wallace and C.J.?
At the end of the day the question is are we rebuilding or not, if so who/what are we building around and what is the timeline. Perinnial 6-8 seed is the worst generally because you aren't good enough to win and you are not bad enough to get good draft picks.....


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1650

calif.gif
votes: 28

We are a shining example of how injuries are no excuse to lose to an inferior team. With that being said, this was a fantastic win for us to take down the world champs on their home floor, regardless of their injury status.

A win like this goes to the coach. Yes, Lou had 50, but Doc made great adjustments especially after CJ went down. To have another key guy go down, and still pull off a blowout victory is beyond impressive. I feel like he outcoached Kerr into submission (Kerr looked like he was ready to leave at the end of the 3rd).

Absolutely insane win the more I think about it. A team full of rookies and second year players + Lou Williams and Deandre Jordan, blew out the Champs while on the road. incredible.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

SamMays wrote:
Wow.

We thought we had a real gem in Thornwell. Wallace has made him obsolete.

When I see what this second unit has done, it makes me wonder what the point of trading DJ is. It makes no sense trading him for quality depth, because we already have that. We need to take back a high first round pick, or a near all-star level SF along with an adequate Center.

Bring back a backcourt of Milos, Lou, Austin, Wallace and Evans.

Frontcourt: DJ, Blake, CJ, Dekker, Harrrell, Danillo, Reed.

I'm all for this if we can make it happen but what about PBev?


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Dirtydunks wrote:
I'm all for this if we can make it happen but what about PBev?

Forget Pat Bev. Bev, Galo, and Blake are the basketball version of Mr. Glass from the movie Unbreakable

Add Milo to that list as well.

They all can ball but they're pretty much useless being hurt all the time


Anxioustobebest
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1223
votes: 1

I'm just absolutely stunned over this win and doubted our guys ability to pull this one off, especially when CJ went down to ankle injury. Amazing, I think we have our core players.


JudahDub
Clipper Starter
Posts: 911
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 14

Clips and Lou taking extension at least.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753 ... -extension


Clippers(AUS)
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 220
votes: 7

SWEET LOU!!!!!!!! Please give this man a NBA Allstar vote people. And an extension hahahaha great win guys.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

Lou, Austin, Evans and Beverly. That's four small guards. One of them has to go. Not Austin because he's getting better and better. Not Lou because he is the perfect scorer off the bench. Not Evans because he has promise, is cheap and is as pesky defensively as Beverly.

Obviously the two big guards, Milos and Wallace also stay.

Beverly has to be the one to go.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

PagingDrDrain wrote:
Dekker has been playing with a lot of maturity lately and has been more confident on the floor. It's nice to see the defense of this bench in this last stretch. Lets hope the keep this up.

Dekker cannot shoot and we can't have a guy who doesn't. He doesn' even attempt shoots anymore. He passes on wide open shots so they sag like mad. He has to go.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Didn't his hipness say that these guys are badass?

Beverly is injury prone. He has to go. Dekker has to go. Gallo has to go. How many games has Milos missed? How old is he? He goes. Wes goes, Does CJ lose out on his 45 day contract? Somebody sure as hell will pick him up. I wish we could. Blake had two accidents this year not injuries.

Who sprinted the floor fastest, everybody but DJ. Who never put a body on his man? DJ. Who ball watched a lot? DJ. I watched guys drive around our "rim protector" and he did nothing.How many shots did he block? I think none. DJ simply is not worth what he wants. He is not what we need.

Who put the spank on Draymond with his foot work? Montrezz. Who fought hard and scored in double teams because of his long arms and toughness.? Montrezz. Who boxes out? Montrezz. Who can hit FT's? Montrezz.. Who can lead a fast break? Montrezz. If he'd learn something called give and go on his breaks he's be deadly. Why doesn't DJ get hurt? He never touches anybody. Big Ben was 6'9" but Montrezz has ridiculously long arms. Would you rather drive against DJ or Montrezz? Montrezz plays old school. I'm not saying he should start but he has everything DJ has but height. We need cap space for decent SF's and Lou. Does Austin have a player option? Within two years given luck and BG not falling apart, who knows?

We are rebuilding now. We got some really good youngsters and a couple of good vets. If it were possible to get rid of the dead weight and keep Lou and maybe Austin the cap shouldn't be as much of a problem. We don't need picks. We've got them.

Guys give it up for Doc. He should be coach of the year. Give the devil his due.


clipperharry
Clipper Starter
Posts: 359
votes: 1

great gm lou !! resign him stat


Shaa-Maan
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1386
votes: 12

yeah F*CK the worryors!!!!!!!!!!!! we finally gave them the beatdown they deserve. Sure they missed some guys but it's not like the clippers will shed a tear for Stephanies ankle when they're forced to put up lineups consisting of guys that the rest of the league has no idea who they are.

An inspiring performance by the team. I just hope his majesty CJ is okay


CLIPSET
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1211
votes: 6

Greattttt!! Between DJ and Lou, especially the way he's been ballin lately, I think they can nab 2-3 first round picks. Lou's been great and I'm sure he would bolster a playoff team's bench, enough for them to overpay a bit. His recent streak, including the 50 last night is fine and all but that's not sustainable. I'd rather cash out and if they're interested in him, try to get him back in free agency. Beverly would be a good backup and trade bait next season. Gallo's gotta go. DJ's gotta go. No way I want the Clippers paying his next contract. He's reached his potential in a Clippers uniform, time to cash out. With the nice pieces we have, I think the re-build can be swift and quick.


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1650

calif.gif
votes: 28

Interestingly enough, I think a big reason why we won this game is because Blake Griffin did not play. Draymond Green seems to feed off the frustration he causes for BG each game they match up, and without Blake to bully, Draymond didn't even look like he wanted to be there lol.

We might have to hold Blake out of Warriors games going forward lol


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

Seems DJ is the new Austin, a player too many of us are jumping on for all the wrong reasons.

All DJ is doing is leading the league in rebounding, protecting the rim, changing shots defensively. His dunks off the pick and roll force defenders to make a choice, him or the driver and they often make the wrong one. He never misses a game so has been the iron man. We've been remarkably competitive with DJ as the only of our season opening starting five taking the floor. Hell, he's even shooting 60% from the free throw line this year. Just because he doesn't have pretty back to the basket moves and a lovely up and under, doesn't mean he's not an outstanding player.

Now, maybe he needs to go because of his contract situation and the fear that he can't be brought back at the right price,or can't be brought back at all, but to denigrate him as a player to justify it is ridiculous. Dennis Rodman had a hell of a career in the league doing less that what DJ does. Rodman didn't block shots, protect the rim, set the picks that DJ sets and strike fear for his offensive roll game (hell, nobody even had to guard Rodman). He made a fortune, made all-star teams, is revered, and he was horse's butt while doing it. DJ has been nothing but a solid pro.

DJ is a great player who has been instrumental in whatever success this team has had in the last decade.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

Keatonsays wrote:
Interestingly enough, I think a big reason why we won this game is because Blake Griffin did not play. Draymond Green seems to feed off the frustration he causes for BG each game they match up, and without Blake to bully, Draymond didn't even look like he wanted to be there lol.

We might have to hold Blake out of Warriors games going forward lol

Blake doesn't play and Draymond disappears, but if Blake plays, guy probably puts in double the effort. Why can't he play like he played last night when Blake is on the floor?


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

CLIPSET wrote:
Greattttt!! Between DJ and Lou, especially the way he's been ballin lately, I think they can nab 2-3 first round picks. Lou's been great and I'm sure he would bolster a playoff team's bench, enough for them to overpay a bit. His recent streak, including the 50 last night is fine and all but that's not sustainable. I'd rather cash out and if they're interested in him, try to get him back in free agency. Beverly would be a good backup and trade bait next season. Gallo's gotta go. DJ's gotta go. No way I want the Clippers paying his next contract. He's reached his potential in a Clippers uniform, time to cash out. With the nice pieces we have, I think the re-build can be swift and quick.
Lou has definitely been killing it, but teams also know that he has limitations. He's averaging about 27-28 ppg over his last 20 games along with about 5 apg. I don't know how much teams are going to want to pay for him though.

One of the biggest issues with Bev is that you need a playmaker at SG or SF in order to start him. Either that or you go small with another PG next to him. Since PG like playmakers are few and far between, he's not the best start at PG for many teams, but on the other hand he can be great for teams who already have that primary playmaker role at a different position. For the Clippers situation, a guy like him might be best used as a bench combo guard.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

Keatonsays wrote:
Interestingly enough, I think a big reason why we won this game is because Blake Griffin did not play. Draymond Green seems to feed off the frustration he causes for BG each game they match up, and without Blake to bully, Draymond didn't even look like he wanted to be there lol.

We might have to hold Blake out of Warriors games going forward lol

I was wondering the same thing.

-As for Lou, he's actually younger and healthier than Chris Paul. He dropped 50 on the Dubs in Oakland and he might make the all star game! I was originally in tanking mode but now I like the way DJ and Lou have played plus we're only like 3 games out of the 5th spot. I'm leaning on resigning these guys. Just get rid of the dead weight- Wes, Brice, Gallo, Beverly, Milos(yeah I said it). Low key I would even entertain seeing what we could get for Blake. Just my opinion


DeadPoet
Clipper Starter
Posts: 370
Location: Muelheim Germany
gm.gif
votes: 3

Sure Lue won this game but I m also be proud of our second unit, a lot of good passes and nice plays. not easy because no one is a real scorer maybe except Tyrone Wallace but it was his third (!!!) nba game, I mean our gleauge players shows that the AC Clippers were necessary. Great that tyrone has found his groove so early. Some great moves against Green and Durant for example. Good game also from Harrel and Sam Dekker shows some flashes and also Evans. They all had the +- 15-20


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1546
votes: 9

What makes us win this game is our Gleague player is not afraid to make a hard foul even to Green they fight for the rebound. I love Jawun he is not afraid to attack the basket even use his body to stop a drive. This is the most exciting game ever to me. Wallace can drive CJ can shot at 3. What else. Lou is hot every game, it was great a team effort.


worm
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1428
votes: 3

Blake should learn with the new guys not afraid to attack the basket specially with the player like Green.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

SamMays wrote:
Seems DJ is the new Austin, a player too many of us are jumping on for all the wrong reasons.

All DJ is doing is leading the league in rebounding, protecting the rim, changing shots defensively. His dunks off the pick and roll force defenders to make a choice.

I'm semi sorry to keep bring this up but wish I could provide a link to this conversation. You could tell that by the tone of their voice and what they were implying, they didn't think really highly of his attitude. Kevin McHale said this - that he used to fear DJ in the paint and had to make coaching moves to account for his presence. He said that now he wouldn't care. According to him Greg Anthony and Webber, DJ is not the rim protector he used to be. All three said that they would prefer a shot blocker to a rebounder and DJ has stopped blocking shots. They say he's padding his rebound stats rather than playing effectively.. An iron man was Malone who banged. Anybody wouldn't get hurt if they like DJ stands around and watches, stands behind his man and out jumps him. Rodman put his body on the line. Watch him scrapping with Malone when Rodman was a Piston. Would DJ do that? Hell No.On a fast break, how many times does DJ sprint to the paint, seal his man and dunk? Watch Montrezz. If DJ decided to run, GSW would be perfect for him. How many decent centers fhoot 60%? Not many, most are better. They will of course not get him. We're looking at a serious run in two - three years. Centers have to be decent scorers who can shoot threes or cheap. He's neither. Will DJ pout and dog it? Remember Dallas. When was the last time that DJ was on the floor scrapping for a loose ball? When was the last time ANY of our other players did? Everytime they had the . No center does it? Montrezz.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

Toohip, I disagree with about everything you've said.

He still runs the floor better than any true center in the league. This is proven by the fact that he leads the league in dunks, many of which he gets by filling lanes and running. Many more are gotten off the pick and roll, proving that play to be one of the most effective plays in the league.

His blocked shots may be down (he still averages one a game) but the team's defensive philosophy has also changed. We switch the pick and roll more than ever before, often taking him away from the basket. Have you watched him guard out there? There is not another center in the league who can get down and defend on the perimeter as well as he does, which makes the switching possible. If he couldn't man up the way he does, we would have to play the pick and roll the way many other teams do, hedging and falling back, which is not very effective.

As far as this new idea that centers need to be three point shooters, there is little to recommend that view. Golden State does not have that sort of center. Cleveland, for lack of a better alternative, is now using Love at center a lot. And it doesn't work. They are a very poor defensive team. In fact, only a couple of the top teams have effective three point shooters playing center. Take a look.

Kevin McHale was a great player, but he talks out of his butt (why can't I say a**) quite frequently. Greg Anthony, Webber, fine. But for every guy who says something like that, there is another with a great deal of praise for DJ. I'm on that side.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

Keatonsays wrote:

Absolutely insane win the more I think about it. A team full of rookies and second year players + Lou Williams and Deandre Jordan, blew out the Champs while on the road. incredible.

Yup.... LET'S TRADE 'EM Very Happy


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

Clemenza wrote:
I was wondering the same thing.

-As for Lou, he's actually younger and healthier than Chris Paul. He dropped 50 on the Dubs in Oakland and he might make the all star game! I was originally in tanking mode but now I like the way DJ and Lou have played plus we're only like 3 games out of the 5th spot. I'm leaning on resigning these guys. Just get rid of the dead weight- Wes, Brice, Gallo, Beverly, Milos(yeah I said it). Low key I would even entertain seeing what we could get for Blake. Just my opinion

O'rly???????????????

I mean to say: I agree. But also, I have been saying this for a GOOD WHILE NOW.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Perspective please. They gave their second beast defender in Thompson the NIGHT OFF. There was nothing wrong with him, they just saw us on their calendar, and they gave him the night off. Anytime you have Nick Young starting, you've already handicapped your team. Draymond was out of whack and he looked off but when both of your guards are out, your offense is going to struggle with spacing, and also anchoring a defense. Yeah, they had Durant who just came back but this was not the powerhouse we're used to seeing. No doubt that this was a very big symbolic win for us based on the fact that we STILL had substantially less talent talent than what the Warriors put out that night. Anytime you win against a team with Durant and Green, it's a good/big win for us. Or as someone put it, a "lucky win".


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Bottom line, they expected us to roll over on our backs and make beta dog noises. We didn't. Can you imagine how much urine was running down the legs of those little rookies when the were guarding Durant. Could Green's problem partly been because of Trezz?


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

LAC_12 wrote:
O'rly???????????????

I mean to say: I agree. But also, I have been saying this for a GOOD WHILE NOW.

Haha.. I've said numerous times that I'm a Blake guy but I'll still talk sh*t about him if his play is suspect. You guys are still big upping, going gaga, raving, and ranting about CP3 and he's not even on the team anymore.. That was the only problem I had. I'm all about making the team better not infatuation with one player


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

Clemenza wrote:
Haha.. I've said numerous times that I'm a Blake guy but I'll still talk sh*t about him if his play is suspect. You guys are still big upping, going gaga, raving, and ranting about CP3 and he's not even on the team anymore.. That was the only problem I had. I'm all about making the team better not infatuation with one player

I still go gaga for CP, cause he is still one hell of a player... and if we could trade him 1-for-1 with BG, I would in a heartbeat. And I would know that the team would be more competitive, successful, fun to watch, and "dangerous".

But at the end of the day I do not care much cause he is not sporting my colors... BG and company are...

There's a lot of talent in the NBA that I go gaga for, but until they dawn LAC gear, I do not care. With CP3 it hurts a little more because he WAS here... the greatness (or potential for) was REAL.

Unlike now.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

LAC_12 wrote:
I still go gaga for CP, cause he is still one hell of a player... and if we could trade him 1-for-1 with BG, I would in a heartbeat. And I would know that the team would be more competitive, successful, fun to watch, and "dangerous".

But at the end of the day I do not care much cause he is not sporting my colors... BG and company are...

There's a lot of talent in the NBA that I go gaga for, but until they dawn LAC gear, I do not care. With CP3 it hurts a little more because he WAS here... the greatness (or potential for) was REAL.

Unlike now.

Fair enough.. Paul still needs a deep playoff run though when its all said and done for. I see he has his Rocket teammates in the latest State Farm commercials. I don't know, those ads are bad luck to me. I still cringe at the one where CP3 is going down the escalator and on the flipside Steph Curry is going up the escalator- it pretty much summed up and mirrored the Warriors rise to glory and our demise into infamy.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

Ain't that the truth...

I am just salty, but I hate any and all commercials Curry is getting. The dude bothers me on the court and off.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Clippers at Golden State Warriors Game Day 2018-01-10
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!