DeAndre Jordan Trade Rumors (P. 4)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipperharry
Clipper Starter
Posts: 359
votes: 1

trade him for Ball & daddy , lmao just kidding


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1546
votes: 9

Keatonsays wrote:
My concern with letting DJ go into free agency and hoping that he'll take some sort of discount to sign back with us, is that if DJ is willing to take any sort of discount then he will be easier to attain for the Warriors. In other words, it might make much more sense for DJ to take a discount to join the Warriors than to take a discount to comeback here, especially considering this whole playoff/injury twilight we're in.

I'd like to get something in return for DJ, even if it's just a few draft picks. I'd be happy if we got a couple of late 1sts or some sort of 1st and multiple 2nds combination. I have a lot of faith in our new scouting and player development teams to make the best out of whatever picks we get.

I'm only willing to keep DJ if he's truly dedicated to being a Clipper and is willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. Loyalty doesn't appear to be his strong suit, and peer pressure appears to be a big weakness of his. If he's smart, he'll take the best offer available and forget about that "loyalty" nonsense. Clippers should likewise do the same.

I doubt if Warrior can afford him even in a discounted salary, but true there is a lot of contender who will go after him if he will take a discounted, Rockets, Cavaliers San Antonio and Bucks even Boston. DJ can go to the highest discounted offer.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Why should he take a discounted salary? The ones who do are ageing players who had a lifetime career with their team. He's not going to win a ring. He actually may be playing on a rebuilding team. Even Kobe didn't take a discount.


PagingDrDrain
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 158
votes: 4

I agree, the franchise should reward DJ, He has earned every second and is the face of our franchise leading into ALL-STAR weekend in Los Angeles.....when the Lakers still suck more than us when we lost CP3.

Blake can't seem to stay healthy enough to play ball to get All-Star votes, though I know the concussion isn't his fault, but the fact remains that he doesn't carry the best relationships unlike DJ. He also hasn't had enough time to play and stay relevant enough in today's NBA. If the Clippers Trade DJ, they lose all hope of a great opportunity. Perhaps with coaches vote, DJ can slip into the ALL-STAR game again. He'd basically be the host! His experience with Team USA and other coaches respect of his game, he can be the perfect face of the All-Star Weekend.

DJ may be the only Clipper we can get into the all-star game, as he did last year. I don't want city to only have a rookie,garbage Kuzma or Lonzo and roll out like the Lakers own this city and they steal the show. We covered up banners, let's own the all-star swag. If DJ is there, he can assert authority that the Clippers are still better and have made a turn in the franchise's culture.. Much like DJ has been the center of this franchise through our best years, he can be the champion of the all-star weekend. We know he can get loose and play some fun basketball, so why trade him at all.

Maybe his agent is spreading these rumors or checking to test his worth. Obviously, many consider DJ a championship piece. The Clippers should feel the same way.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Being an all star does not win games, putting a leather sphere through a metal hoop does. All star voting is like being the Prom King , a popularity contest. I couldn't give a ratsass what anybody thinks of us except that they fear us. Read your Machiavelli. BG was injured by an accident. If somebody fell on DJ's leg or coldcocked him he would be taking time off too. Accidents and injuries are different. If DJ drove to the hoop through a bunch of 220 lb beasts, he'd get hurt too but he stands around and takes zero contact. When was the last time he got elbowed in the nose or thrown to the ground? He is not a max player. Center of the franchise? How about CP. Baron was more important when he chose to play. Zbo was more important. One on one Montrezz would destroy DJ. He is a much better all around player, he just short. At 6'10' no lo contendre no contest. How many times did DJ box out or fight for position or stand around, How many times did Montrez? Can DJ lead a fast break? Can DJ hit a hook? Can DJ fight out of a double team? No. If he tried as hard Montrezz he might get hurt.Which one sprints the floor? For several years I would have traded him for Chris Kaman straight up .How many of his put backs could Montrezz have done? A lot. Why - because he fights for position. Boogie can torch him. Goodness knows what the Brow will do. I would take a healthy Marcus Camby. I spent much of my time tonight screaming "DJ box out" "DJ stop standing around". I've mentioned several times what McHale and Webber thought of DJ. They didn't think very highly.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

PagingDrDrain wrote:
I agree, the franchise should reward DJ, He has earned every second and is the face of our franchise leading into ALL-STAR weekend in Los Angeles.....when the Lakers still suck more than us when we lost CP3.

Blake can't seem to stay healthy enough to play ball to get All-Star votes, though I know the concussion isn't his fault, but the fact remains that he doesn't carry the best relationships unlike DJ. He also hasn't had enough time to play and stay relevant enough in today's NBA. If the Clippers Trade DJ, they lose all hope of a great opportunity. Perhaps with coaches vote, DJ can slip into the ALL-STAR game again. He'd basically be the host! His experience with Team USA and other coaches respect of his game, he can be the perfect face of the All-Star Weekend.

DJ may be the only Clipper we can get into the all-star game, as he did last year. I don't want city to only have a rookie,garbage Kuzma or Lonzo and roll out like the Lakers own this city and they steal the show. We covered up banners, let's own the all-star swag. If DJ is there, he can assert authority that the Clippers are still better and have made a turn in the franchise's culture.. Much like DJ has been the center of this franchise through our best years, he can be the champion of the all-star weekend. We know he can get loose and play some fun basketball, so why trade him at all.

Maybe his agent is spreading these rumors or checking to test his worth. Obviously, many consider DJ a championship piece. The Clippers should feel the same way.

I'm really sorry to break it to you but DJ is the one who has had problems with other players..and Coaches. Did you forget about the Mavs? The after math? The mocking he received by other players? DJ leaving the CLIPPERS because he couldn't get along with the coach and CP3? People want to reward a player who is handsomely being paid after he left twice before? Just because he can stay healthy, he deserves to be in the all-star leading a below .500 team? I'm not sure you see much of those all-stars but I get it, it's an emotional reaction after a very good game.

God, I hope there are teams thinking DJ is the missing chip piece. If what you say is true, then some teams might be willing to give part of their championship team to get this handsomely paid, never injured, All-star. In order to get him, we can fleece a contender because, obviously, many consider him a chip piece. If a contender wants him outright, and is given what DJ wants, that team has just gutted part of the team to accommodate him which probably means they dropped a few notches by losing a key player, or thinning out the bench. That would put them we're we've been during the CP3 era. 3 max contracts and years of rotating players.

I think teams want him, even contenders but not at, or nowhere near the money he wants. In order to fit him, you have to change the make-up of that team and if you're a contender, that's tricky. Look, DJ's best chance to get what he wants is going to come from bottom feeders who have the cap space and want some star power. No real contender is going to break up a team to give him what he wants. Those teams don't have any cap space to begin with. I'm pretty sure DJ's time is almost here. It's just a matter if it happens via trade, or free agency.

Oh, I think Olshey will try to grab him too. He loves dipping into the same well over and over. It's not just our coach who loves doing that. .


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Why should he take a discounted salary? The ones who do are ageing players who had a lifetime career with their team. He's not going to win a ring. He actually may be playing on a rebuilding team. Even Kobe didn't take a discount.

he would have to if he wanted to be a FA signing on a contending team. Most those teams are capped out. Unless GS wants to trade Thompson for DJ, or gut their bench, he won't see the money he wants. Pretty much the same for any contender who wants him in the off-season.


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1650

calif.gif
votes: 28

clipperharry wrote:
trade him for Ball & daddy , lmao just kidding

Almost sh*t my pants when i read this lol


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Taking a cut in salary doesn't mean taking more than the thinks he's worth, it's taking more than he's really worth on the open market.. Only a fool would do that. Bottom line, we can't afford near what he wants and will get.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

PagingDrDrain wrote:
I agree, the franchise should reward DJ, He has earned every second and is the face of our franchise leading into ALL-STAR weekend in Los Angeles.....when the Lakers still suck more than us when we lost CP3.

Blake can't seem to stay healthy enough to play ball to get All-Star votes, though I know the concussion isn't his fault, but the fact remains that he doesn't carry the best relationships unlike DJ. He also hasn't had enough time to play and stay relevant enough in today's NBA. If the Clippers Trade DJ, they lose all hope of a great opportunity. Perhaps with coaches vote, DJ can slip into the ALL-STAR game again. He'd basically be the host! His experience with Team USA and other coaches respect of his game, he can be the perfect face of the All-Star Weekend.

DJ may be the only Clipper we can get into the all-star game, as he did last year. I don't want city to only have a rookie,garbage Kuzma or Lonzo and roll out like the Lakers own this city and they steal the show. We covered up banners, let's own the all-star swag. If DJ is there, he can assert authority that the Clippers are still better and have made a turn in the franchise's culture.. Much like DJ has been the center of this franchise through our best years, he can be the champion of the all-star weekend. We know he can get loose and play some fun basketball, so why trade him at all.

Maybe his agent is spreading these rumors or checking to test his worth. Obviously, many consider DJ a championship piece. The Clippers should feel the same way.

Like I was saying...

Per Wojnarowski on SportsCenter:

"The market is slow for DeAndre Jordan. He is very much available in Los Angeles, they've talked with multiple teams about him. The sense that you're getting from teams around the league on DeAndre is, they want to see who else becomes available between now and the trade deadline. Teams do not see Jordan as a player who is going to put them over the top, to overtake the favorites in the East. Teams do not want to use their assets on Jordan now, and all of a sudden a more desirable player becomes available between now and the trade deadline. So, their conversations likely will go down to the wire February 8th with Jordan.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

^ He was also saying, and this may change closer to or at the deadline, but Cleveland doesn't want to give up the Brooklyn pick for him at all.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

What the past few seasons have taught me is that I just never know with free agency. If teams really want a player, they find a way to get them. Even contracts, you never know how teams are going to spend.

DJ will find someone to pay him, that part is for sure. Whether it is a contender, that's a different story.

In terms of interest in Jordan, I've heard some teams are waiting on OKC and want to see if they decide to trade George before they start going after other options. So OKC's record and trajectory will play into this


PagingDrDrain
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 158
votes: 4

clipper*joe wrote:
Like I was saying...

Per Wojnarowski on SportsCenter:

"The market is slow for DeAndre Jordan. He is very much available in Los Angeles, they've talked with multiple teams about him. The sense that you're getting from teams around the league on DeAndre is, they want to see who else becomes available between now and the trade deadline. Teams do not see Jordan as a player who is going to put them over the top, to overtake the favorites in the East. Teams do not want to use their assets on Jordan now, and all of a sudden a more desirable player becomes available between now and the trade deadline. So, their conversations likely will go down to the wire February 8th with Jordan.

Hey. That's so great.

As for Dallas, he wasn't liked by that fan base, but he joined Team USA afterwards and made his strides to be a respected all-star since. I think the Clippers care about looking like a legit franchise and part of that is having an All-Star at the Los Angeles All-Star Game. You may not care, but the franchise needs to stay legitimate and relevant right now and always, because LA has another basketball team. Also, Mark Cuban is equally to blame for making deals before deadlines allowed him to and CP3 took a banana boat to keep DJ because he know his value. DJ thrived under CP3, I'm sure playing with CP3 right now over Blake Griffin wouldn't be a problem for DJ. This is a business and if the Clippers give up now, they will be little brother forever or worse... other cities would love a basketball team. I don't think we will trade DJ, whether it's because of your reason or mine.

It's a shooters NBA and you can choose to outshoot your opponent or outmuscle your opponent. DJ gives you a big man who can run and thrown down to give you a chance to outmuscle and protect this rim. The conservations can go on all they want, but the Clippers won't undersell DJ because he may be the only marketable player we have right now. And other teams aren't willing to give a premium for the services of a big man in a shooters NBA. I say that we probably keep him. I may be wrong, but we'll see.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

PagingDrDrain wrote:
Hey. That's so great.

As for Dallas, he wasn't liked by that fan base, but he joined Team USA afterwards and made his strides to be a respected all-star since. I think the Clippers care about looking like a legit franchise and part of that is having an All-Star at the Los Angeles All-Star Game. You may not care, but the franchise needs to stay legitimate and relevant right now and always, because LA has another basketball team. Also, Mark Cuban is equally to blame for making deals before deadlines allowed him to and CP3 took a banana boat to keep DJ because he know his value. DJ thrived under CP3, I'm sure playing with CP3 right now over Blake Griffin wouldn't be a problem for DJ. This is a business and if the Clippers give up now, they will be little brother forever or worse... other cities would love a basketball team. I don't think we will trade DJ, whether it's because of your reason or mine.

It's a shooters NBA and you can choose to outshoot your opponent or outmuscle your opponent. DJ gives you a big man who can run and thrown down to give you a chance to outmuscle and protect this rim. The conservations can go on all they want, but the Clippers won't undersell DJ because he may be the only marketable player we have right now. And other teams aren't willing to give a premium for the services of a big man in a shooters NBA. I say that we probably keep him. I may be wrong, but we'll see.

No doubt, DJ would be flourishing BIG TIME under CP3 but even he, has been injured just as long as BG this season...Not that it matters. Look, we both want the same the same thing, I just think we're on different roads to the same destination is all. We need to stay relevant but I think we can even if we lose DJ, and eventually BG. As long as the Lakers keeping looking more dysfunctional than the Clippers (FO), we're still a FA destination.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

PagingDrDrain wrote:
Blake can't seem to stay healthy enough to play ball to get All-Star votes, though I know the concussion isn't his fault, but the fact remains that he doesn't carry the best relationships unlike DJ. He also hasn't had enough time to play and stay relevant enough in today's NBA. If the Clippers Trade DJ, they lose all hope of a great opportunity. Perhaps with coaches vote, DJ can slip into the ALL-STAR game again. He'd basically be the host! His experience with Team USA and other coaches respect of his game, he can be the perfect face of the All-Star Weekend.

Blake's most recent injury is of course Austin's fault! Come on now!!


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

clipper*joe wrote:
Look, we both want the same the same thing, I just think we're on different roads to the same destination is all. We need to stay relevant but I think we can even if we lose DJ, and eventually BG. As long as the Lakers keeping looking more dysfunctional than the Clippers (FO), we're still a FA destination.

#1 staying relevant and being a FA destination are two different things

We are in the greatest city, in the greatest state in the greatest country in the world. God Damn right we are a FA destination

The degree of FA that come to us depends on our front office, we need to be winners.

That is relevance... winning. Not sucking less than the Lakers. WINING.

We cannot beat 15+ banners in one year, but we need ONE 2018 or newer banner to be relevant (by definition.)

We are not relevant now, we became semi-relevant when CP3 got here (hate that all you want, its true.) And when he could not do it (I hate that a lot, and its true) we were no longer relevant. Just like Houston is relevant now (and I predict it to be short lived)

We are not any more relevant than the lowly and dysfunctional Lakers... As a 8th seed that gets swept, or anything else... doesn't matter really. We are not relevant, until we imprint our mark on NBA history.

Let's not talk about relevance please.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

PagingDrDrain wrote:
Hey. That's so great.

As for Dallas, he wasn't liked by that fan base, but he joined Team USA afterwards and made his strides to be a respected all-star since. I think the Clippers care about looking like a legit franchise and part of that is having an All-Star at the Los Angeles All-Star Game. You may not care, but the franchise needs to stay legitimate and relevant right now and always, because LA has another basketball team. Also, Mark Cuban is equally to blame for making deals before deadlines allowed him to and CP3 took a banana boat to keep DJ because he know his value. DJ thrived under CP3, I'm sure playing with CP3 right now over Blake Griffin wouldn't be a problem for DJ. This is a business and if the Clippers give up now, they will be little brother forever or worse... other cities would love a basketball team. I don't think we will trade DJ, whether it's because of your reason or mine.

It's a shooters NBA and you can choose to outshoot your opponent or outmuscle your opponent. DJ gives you a big man who can run and thrown down to give you a chance to outmuscle and protect this rim. The conservations can go on all they want, but the Clippers won't undersell DJ because he may be the only marketable player we have right now. And other teams aren't willing to give a premium for the services of a big man in a shooters NBA. I say that we probably keep him. I may be wrong, but we'll see.

First.All Star voting is a popularity contest. Girls from Debuque Iowa who know nothing about B Ball would vote for BG 100 times because he's (was) cute. This is Ballmer's team. If he tried to build a stadium is he going anywhere? No. If Austin continues to improve most teams would love him. Lou, Evans, CJ Watson are all desirable. DJ does not sprint the floor and out muscle his man. Watch him and Montrezz. Montrezz would knock DJ into next week. Watch BG when he's in Beast mode. All Stars do not make us relevant, winning games does. DJ was a marginal all star ONCE. The more I think about it, I want to trade him. This is a business. We are not selling out because we're losing not because of all stars.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

clipper*joe wrote:
No doubt, DJ would be flourishing BIG TIME under CP3 but even he, has been injured just as long as BG this season...Not that it matters. Look, we both want the same the same thing, I just think we're on different roads to the same destination is all. We need to stay relevant but I think we can even if we lose DJ, and eventually BG. As long as the Lakers keeping looking more dysfunctional than the Clippers (FO), we're still a FA destination.

Relevance is irrelevant.You create relevance by putting a leather sphere in a metal hoop in your underwear. Relevance is an opinion. Winning is a fact. Our problem with FA's was the Salary Cap. If like in days of yore, we could be like the Shoetime Lakers and say "fuque the cap" we'd we OK. We could have gotten Luol Deng and I think Ariza. DJ cannot flourish. He has maxed out as far as performance. I was watching Brook Lopez pop threes.As players grow they add to their arsenal. If DJ could shoot, a Pick and roll with he CP3 and BG would be uglier than a bulldog's as*. He as developed no offense at all. The big ox centers kill him as do the shooters. He does well against B centers. Against B+ to A he gets killed. With DJ gone, who rebounds? A bunch of other mother f*****s. Get some long SF's who hustle.

LAC 12, in the way you were using the word relevance, how about dangerous? People thought we were dangerous, then we had multiple Clipper disasters. How about the OKC ref screwing. We lost the series. How about the injuries against SAS? Maybe we weren't the baddest dog in the yard but damned close. With a lucky break WCF champ.Nobody would have been surprised.


Keatonsays
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1650

calif.gif
votes: 28

LAC_12 wrote:
As a 8th seed that gets swept, or anything else... doesn't matter really. We are not relevant, until we imprint our mark on NBA history.

Let's not talk about relevance please.

We will finish higher than 8th. We will not get swept. If we get healthy by seasons end, we can go further than we've ever gone before!!!!


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

toohipcliptoslip wrote:

LAC 12, in the way you were using the word relevance, how about dangerous? People thought we were dangerous, then we had multiple Clipper disasters. How about the OKC ref screwing. We lost the series. How about the injuries against SAS? Maybe we weren't the baddest dog in the yard but damned close. With a lucky break WCF champ.Nobody would have been surprised.

When have we ever been PLESANTLY surprised? A surprise win, to me, is a lucky win.

We can hope for a surprise win in the first round (if we make it)... that's 1-4, any better?

Or we can hope all the stars on the opposing teams get hurt simultaneously... and the thing with our opponents are, they've got multiple stars.

We've got one "marginal allstar" that many want traded, a pussycat shell of a budding star that never hit his stride, and fans that are loco.

Last time we were dangerous was when we had a true superstar on the team. If he didn't cut it - he didn't, I'll state it - no one on this roster will.

If you want to be dangerous again, start chanting to get rid of the over paid, over domesticated pussycat, phony.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

Keatonsays wrote:
We will finish higher than 8th. We will not get swept. If we get healthy by seasons end, we can go further than we've ever gone before!!!!

Literally missed the point of that line... an of the post. But I still like ya.


preese
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 92
votes: 0

Will just be glad when we move him. Early in this thread I posted we should move Jordan before he gets seriously hurt, and look what's happen. And can someone tell me why we continue to keep that sorry trainer if he can't keep our players healthy


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 813
votes: 5

cobra wrote:
I doubt if Warrior can afford him even in a discounted salary, but true there is a lot of contender who will go after him if he will take a discounted, Rockets, Cavaliers San Antonio and Bucks even Boston. DJ can go to the highest discounted offer.

Unfortunately, money talks and some of these players will take the $$$ way over loyalty and championships. That's how some think. Then after so many years collecting the big $$$ then they will try to go after the championship and sometimes it's too late.

In DJ's case, he will take the best discounted offer close to his asking price of 200 and leave the clippers.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

cisco805 wrote:
Unfortunately, money talks and some of these players will take the $$$ way over loyalty and championships. That's how some think. Then after so many years collecting the big $$$ then they will try to go after the championship and sometimes it's too late.

In DJ's case, he will take the best discounted offer close to his asking price of 200 and leave the clippers.

Why would he even take a discounted price? If your argument is that he will leave for the most money, which I agree with, go with that 100%.


Mistwell3
Clipper Starter
Posts: 325
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

preese wrote:
Will just be glad when we move him. Early in this thread I posted we should move Jordan before he gets seriously hurt, and look what's happen. And can someone tell me why we continue to keep that sorry trainer if he can't keep our players healthy

What the heck are you talking about? He missed literally half a game. He's fine. He's already back, and I think he's playing today. You call "I had a mild ankle twist and I am fine" a "serious injury"?


cisco805
Clipper Starter
Posts: 813
votes: 5

LAC_12 wrote:
Why would he even take a discounted price? If your argument is that he will leave for the most money, which I agree with, go with that 100%.

Who said I had an argument?? LMAO!! My comment/thought is that DJ will leave the clippers for a discount because I don’t think the clippers will offer close to what he is asking....if anything maybe clippers throw a number as high as 25mil.....BUT I am sure other teams might be able to offer 30mil close to what he is asking but don’t think there is a team that will offer 35. So giving those two scenarios, if that happens, puts him at a discount of what he is asking. Can’t explain it any better. Lol.

Get it now?? 😂😂


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

cisco805 wrote:
Who said I had an argument?? LMAO!! My comment/thought is that DJ will leave the clippers for a discount because I don’t think the clippers will offer close to what he is asking....if anything maybe clippers throw a number as high as 25mil.....BUT I am sure other teams might be able to offer 30mil close to what he is asking but don’t think there is a team that will offer 35. So giving those two scenarios, if that happens, puts him at a discount of what he is asking. Can’t explain it any better. Lol.

Get it now?? 😂😂

I'll go on record that DJ doesn't get max from anyone. The best offers will come from Bottom dwellers and Olshey. If people think that thing he did when he committed to the Mavs will not hurt him, I say, think again. A contender is not going to break up the team to give DJ what he wants.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

LAC_12 wrote:
Why would he even take a discounted price? If your argument is that he will leave for the most money, which I agree with, go with that 100%.

Wow, we agree on that too? If we don't trade him, I hope he does that too. He's never shown any interest to stay here every time he had a chance to sign outright. Left both times. it was us that had to drag him back here, even when he signed a contract. I think the Clippers have been more than loyal to him.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

clipper*joe wrote:
Wow, we agree on that too? If we don't trade him, I hope he does that too. He's never shown any interest to stay here every time he had a chance to sign outright. Left both times. it was us that had to drag him back here, even when he signed a contract. I think the Clippers have been more than loyal to him.

I'm, telling you bud... 2018!


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

However time #1 was the nature of the contract

time #2... you have a point there, but it was clearly chemistry issues

I think the Clippers have been just as loyal to him as he has been to them... contract drama aside, the man has come to work - no questions asked.

So now if he want so leave LA... he can leave to the team that pays him the most (if he values money) or

the best team (if he wants to be competitive)

or HOU if he wants to go home.

Perfect storm, really, if HOU offers a lotta money to him.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

LAC_12 wrote:
However time #1 was the nature of the contract

time #2... you have a point there, but it was clearly chemistry issues

I think the Clippers have been just as loyal to him as he has been to them... contract drama aside, the man has come to work - no questions asked.

So now if he want so leave LA... he can leave to the team that pays him the most (if he values money) or

the best team (if he wants to be competitive)

or HOU if he wants to go home.

Perfect storm, really, if HOU offers a lotta money to him.

No way they drop Capela for DJ but that's just me.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

clipper*joe wrote:
No way they drop Capela for DJ but that's just me.

maybe another Texas team? It's all conjecture at this point


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

LAC_12 wrote:
maybe another Texas team? It's all conjecture at this point

DJ will have a market this off-season. It's just a matter of how big it will be.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

clipper*joe wrote:
No way they drop Capela for DJ but that's just me.
if Houston thinks they can resign DJ they’d do it in a heartbeat. I don’t think we make that deal though.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

clipper*joe wrote:
DJ will have a market this off-season. It's just a matter of how big it will be.

yea I know... there's a market for him as we speak - no matter what some reporters say.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

LAC_12 wrote:
yea I know... there's a market for him as we speak - no matter what some reporters say.

Via trade, there is a lot of buzz but that's not the same as free agency. Easier to fit into a team. If he's going to leave, then trading him would net us something which is always good.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

We are forgetting. He has a say in where he goes. Who wants a one year rental?


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

clipper*joe wrote:
Via trade, there is a lot of buzz but that's not the same as free agency. Easier to fit into a team. If he's going to leave, then trading him would net us something which is always good.

potayto-potahto... there's a demand for an all elite center. Our all elite center (for the time being.)


preese
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 92
votes: 0

What you don't understand about my comments. Yes the injury wasn't that bad this time, but the next time it could be a knee or a foot. With all the bad luck we been having with injury, I just don't want no terrible injury to him and we get nothing for him. I doubt he re-sign with us and we probably wouldn't offer him max anyways. Starting to wonder about our training and conditioning staff. And the way DJ plays above the rim his injury factor is much higher that the average Joe.


preese
Clipper Rookie
Posts: 92
votes: 0

Houston have Capela why would they want DJ..


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

preese wrote:
Houston have Capela why would they want DJ..

It all comes down to retaining DJ. I’m sure they don’t want to risk losing Capella for a one year rental of DJ but it would make them a huge threat to the Dubs this year.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

Again, does DJ want to stay. If he refuses to be traded, we get nothing so he can screw us if he doesn't want to stay so we might have to trade him if he doesn't want to stay. I don't think he does want to stay. I think that he thinks that he can land max at a top tier team. He also might play like crap and cause discord.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Again, does DJ want to stay. If he refuses to be traded, we get nothing so he can screw us if he doesn't want to stay so we might have to trade him if he doesn't want to stay. I don't think he does want to stay. I think that he thinks that he can land max at a top tier team. He also might play like crap and cause discord.

He wanted to stay here based on the fact that he went to the FO and wanted to negotiate a new contract without an agent. I don't think he liked what he heard, and after the trade rumors, he went out and got an agent. That's what he should have done from the start so he could concentrate on this season, not the next contract. Dj can't refuse to be traded, he can voice his opinion, but he doesn't have a no-trade clause. All we have to do is find a place he would consider as his next destination, and problem solved.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

He can refuse to sign with his new team making him a one year rental. Isn't negotiating without an agent a bit shall we say nicely, naive with a youthfully fresh flair and maybe a dash of narcissism? If he gets max it won't be somewhere he wants. Can a good team afford that price?


ClipperDB
Clipper Starter
Posts: 427

us.gif
votes: 2

doesn't it make sense to go young... with Wallace, cj, evans, and thornwell? Let's trade dj, blake, wesley, etc for draft picks and young players. If we did that, i could see a direction the organization wanted to go, but if we keep dj, i don't get it.


Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2274
votes: 33

except CJ is like 28


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

How does a positive thread turn into the SAME OLD discussion?


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

This isn't the positive thread.


Jerediscool
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2274
votes: 33

Trading Deandre seems pretty positive to me!


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152

Jerediscool wrote:
Trading Deandre seems pretty positive to me!


Options Quick Reply: RE: DeAndre Jordan Trade Rumors
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!