Milos/ Gallo Injury Update

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Excited about Milo because I really don't know what he can bring to the table. I already know what Galo brings


clipperharry
Clipper Starter
Posts: 359
votes: 1

finally good news ,


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

Ten games would be January.

Any way you slice it, there is virtually no chance this team will make the playoffs this year. Like many, I am looking forward to seeing Milos play. He looked like a real keeper until he got hurt. Just need to see a bigger sample and let him adjust even more to the NBA game and speed.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3451
votes: 25

Gallo has gotta do something about his leg strength. His knees look uncomfortable, way too top heavy, looks like another injury waiting to happen.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

For what it's worth, last game Ralph said it looked like it might be a week for Gallo and not until after Christmas for Milos.


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 421
votes: 3

Good to have them back soon. Just not sure Doc will know how to stagger the line up when they're back and not go small all the time. Would be nice to start Harrel at the four with gallo at the three.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

SamMays wrote:
Ten games would be January.

Any way you slice it, there is virtually no chance this team will make the playoffs this year. Like many, I am looking forward to seeing Milos play. He looked like a real keeper until he got hurt. Just need to see a bigger sample and let him adjust even more to the NBA game and speed.

Well no...actually ten games would be Dec.18th


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

Thanks for calling my exaggeration. Well done.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 13568
votes: 52

Nice to hear some good news for a change. Though no hurry & you'd want them to be completely ready before returning. Gallinari would likely start at PF with Blake out.


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

SamMays wrote:
Thanks for calling my exaggeration. Well done.
oh okay...it didn't seem like it needed any exaggeration, just looked like a simple mistake.


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6172
votes: 42

Dirtydunks wrote:
oh okay...it didn't seem like it needed any exaggeration, just looked like a simple mistake.

Lol, don't worry the austin lovers are running on fumes they know he is about to be run out of town!!

Can wait for milos to be back in mid December!


clipperboy24
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6172
votes: 42

Hopefully doc is fired before milos can help bail him out


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

clipperboy24 wrote:
Lol, don't worry the austin lovers are running on fumes they know he is about to be run out of town!!

Can wait for milos to be back in mid December!

Austin lover? I am hardly that. I just want the kid treated fairly. I have said it plenty of times. He is a decent to solid bench player. Nothing more.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
 Avatar
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152
He was never treated fairly the second he got here. If he wasn't Doc's son, he would have nothing to do with that failing young prospect. Doc doesn't like young players, and he surely doesn't bother to groom them...Unless that young player happens to be your son and you're his only lifeline. The problem isn't that he's not being treated fairly, the problem is he was accommodated more than any other player on the roster and players knew/know it. Players (i.e Durant- 'irrationally confident') think this guy has a false sense of self that comes from daddy running the team. It's not just us, it players who feel this kid was given something freely that other players never get to see...An unconditional job with built in minutes no matter who is on the roster. His ego and the way he carries himself on the court is nothing short of a privileged kid demanding respect where it hasn't been earned. That is what a Player like Durant sees in him...And I bet the majority of players too. How are players going to want to come here when you have to compete with that? Especially the guards? All you have to do is look at what this kid says and you know how delusional this guy is: Look no further than this quote: "Our competitive spirit, our defense, our overall chemistry," Rivers said. "We have a willing to pass the ball. We have a willingness to cheer people up. I had a rough game (Thursday against the Lakers). The whole bench was, like, 'Keep your head up.' Last year, I would have been on my own. To me, this sounds like Austin had very little support around him when he stunk it up last year. Which also tells me this guy needs validation....


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

The father/son coach/player relationship is untenable. I agree with everyone regarding that. Austin has benefited as a result of his father as the coach. I agree with that too.

However, there are people here who believe Austin sucks. He doesn't. He would be a very useful player in a more limited role. I would be happy to keep him as a first or second guard off the bench (if that can be his role) once his father is gone. There are probably other teams in the league where Austin could start, but none of them are any good. Nor are we at the moment.

Now ask yourself, what people here would have said and what the organization would have said if Austin came out with something like, "losing Paul is a devastating blow. We won't be able to compete at the same level. Sure, we got a lot of guys for him, but they're all mediocre. You can't trade a superstar for mediocre players and expect to improve."

How would that have played?

At the start of the season, Milos and Beverly were starting. That is how it should have been. Now, both of those guys are out. Whatever we might have been, we will not be. The sad part is, the injuries happened so early, we don't know what we might have been.

But to get back to Austin, he is a very average NBA guard. He has some holes in his game (poor passer, small and light for a shooting guard, poor free throw shooter for a guard, exaggerated sense of his abilities which causes him to try to do too much at times). On the other hand, he has some assets. He's a solid three point shooter, he can break down the defense by getting to the rim almost at will, he's quick enough to guard small, quick players.

Under the right circumstances, those assets can make him a solid player to have coming off the bench. Using him as a starter, playing big minutes highlights his weaknesses, however. But what choice do we have now? Thornwell and Evans aren't ready, though both look promising.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6997

us.gif
votes: 43

SamMays wrote:

However, there are people here who believe Austin sucks. He doesn't. He would be a very useful player in a more limited role. I would be happy to keep him as a first or second guard off the bench (if that can be his role) once his father is gone. There are probably other teams in the league where Austin could start, but none of them are any good. Nor are we at the moment.

That's the big problem SamMays, he doesn't have a limited role. In October he was being given an average of 31.5 MPG, that was when Milos and Beverley were still in the lineup. Now in November he is averaging 34.4 MPG. To compare Austin to other starters: Westbrook is being given 35.3 MPG, Stephen Curry 32.6 MPG, James Harden 36.0 MPG, John Wall 34.4 MP, and Mike Conley 31.1 MPG. Even before the injuries to Milos and Beverley, Austin was being given a whopping 31.5, which puts him very close to that of some starting point guards like Conley and Wall. Being given 31.5 MPG doesn't indicate bench status, it indicates starter status. Therefore, Austin shouldn't be judged as a bench player. Instead, we should judge him based on a starters production. Given that Austin receives a huge amount of minutes he DOES suck. Now your second point point is true- that he would be useful in a limited role...an ideal number for Austin would be nothing above ten minutes a game, but that's not the case.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

pageC4 wrote:
That's the big problem SamMays, he doesn't have a limited role. In October he was being given an average of 31.5 MPG, that was when Milos and Beverley were still in the lineup. Now in November he is averaging 34.4 MPG. To compare Austin to other starters: Westbrook is being given 35.3 MPG, Stephen Curry 32.6 MPG, James Harden 36.0 MPG, John Wall 34.4 MP, and Mike Conley 31.1 MPG. Even before the injuries to Milos and Beverley, Austin was being given a whopping 31.5, which puts him very close to that of some starting point guards like Conley and Wall. Being given 31.5 MPG doesn't indicate bench status, it indicates starter status. Therefore, Austin shouldn't be judged as a bench player. Instead, we should judge him based on a starters production. Given that Austin receives a huge amount of minutes he DOES suck. Now your second point point is true- that he would be useful in a limited role...say nothing above ten minutes a game, but that's not the case.

Obviously, that is not the case and I have never suggested he should be a 30 minute plus guy. He should be a guard off the bench guy and there is no doubt that he has benefited from his father's indulgence. I see him as a 12-24 minute guy, depending on how he's doing in a given game. Of course now, with both of our season starting guards injured, I don't begrudge him his minutes. There is little choice.

That said, and as I have said before, having his father AND him here together is untenable. It can't be good for team harmony in the locker room or on the court and when a marginal player gets more minutes than he's earned, it affects the WL column.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 6997

us.gif
votes: 43

clipperboy24 wrote:
Lol, don't worry the Austin lovers are running on fumes they know he is about to be run out of town!!

Can wait for Milos to be back in mid December!

I wish that were true, but to be honest Ballmer has always been late to react to Doc and his idiocy. It took the organization way too long to move on from Doc as the GM, and I honestly think it will also take too long for him to be fired as coach. I would like to have hope, but past experience with this team indicate that he will only be fired when it is far too late.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6997

us.gif
votes: 43

SamMays wrote:
Obviously, that is not the case and I have never suggested he should be a 30 minute plus guy. He should be a guard off the bench guy and there is no doubt that he has benefited from his father's indulgence. I see him as a 12-24 minute guy, depending on how he's doing in a given game. Of course now, with both of our season starting guards injured, I don't begrudge him his minutes. There is little choice.

That said, and as I have said before, having his father AND him here together is untenable. It can't be good for team harmony in the locker room or on the court and when a marginal player gets more minutes than he's earned, it affects the WL column.

True, you never had said that he should be a 30 MPG player, and yes you have always been adamant that he be given a much decreased role. It's just that people's criticism of him is based on what he currently is being given, so I think the assessment of him is fair given the heavy minutes. It's not really an unmerited criticism to be honest, but Austin and any player being given 30 or more minutes will be judged accordingly, and big things are expected from someone with such a role.


SamMays
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 5951
votes: 94

Yeah. Which is why I wouldn't mind him staying with a new coach, provided Doc is gone. He will get the minutes he earns based on his contribution to the team and the quality of the other guards around him.

My evaluation of him based on the role he's currently in? He's one of the worst starting shooting guards in the league. There are only a few who are poorer. Now, if he were our 8th or 9th man going forward (where he should be), he'd be one of the best in the league in that role. He can come in and give a team a boost with his ability to get to the rim, knock down the three and bust his butt defensively, which he is willing to do.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6997

us.gif
votes: 43

SamMays wrote:
Yeah. Which is why I wouldn't mind him staying with a new coach, provided Doc is gone. He will get the minutes he earns based on his contribution to the team and the quality of the other guards around him.

My evaluation of him based on the role he's currently in? He's one of the worst starting shooting guards in the league. There are only a few who are poorer. Now, if he were our 8th or 9th man going forward (where he should be), he'd be one of the best in the league in that role. He can come in and give a team a boost with his ability to get to the rim, knock down the three and bust his butt defensively, which he is willing to do.

Well written, and soundly explained. I agree with you. Hopefully, we can get a new coach in sometimes soon to do exactly what you envision Austin's role to be.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

SamMays wrote:
Thanks for calling my exaggeration. Well done.

LMAOOO give the guy a break...


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

clipperboy24 wrote:
Lol, don't worry the austin lovers are running on fumes they know he is about to be run out of town!!

Can wait for milos to be back in mid December!

Hahaa... yes and then we will be ALL fixed. I don't think there are Austin lovers per se... there are just objective people and then fiery people who want to use certain people as scape goats.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98

Yea, I'm not sure there's any Clippers fan who is an "Austin lover", but the alternate position is not thinking that every single thing is Austin's fault and he is the cause of all the Clippers problems. The Blake injury though, that is his fault, lol


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 421
votes: 3

Agent0 wrote:
Yea, I'm not sure there's any Clippers fan who is an "Austin lover", but the alternate position is not thinking that every single thing is Austin's fault and he is the cause of all the Clippers problems. The Blake injury though, that is his fault, lol

Well put. Wait I thought it was Lonzos fault though? Haha


namzug
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2002
Location: So Cal
votes: 18

I wasn't down on the Gallinari signing when it happened and hoped he would turn the trend, but acknowledged that it was a gamble. Well, we lost that gamble so far


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1546
votes: 9

Honestly I don't know what to say after reading a news that Gallo is not coming back and will re-evaluated in January for his glute injury. If Ballmer will not make any move, I guess he should change the name of this team to LA CRIPPLES.


Agent0
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11707
votes: 98


powersurge95
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 202
Location: Pasadena
us.gif
votes: 2

So disappointed about Danilo. This just buys Doc another year because his excuse is always "no excuses but if I had all my guys". I hope upper manangement does say lets see what Doc can do when everyone is healthy because we've seen that movie and it doesn't end with a NBA championship.


powersurge95
Clipper 6th Man
Posts: 202
Location: Pasadena
us.gif
votes: 2

Did you guys hear what Danilo said about coming back. There's still pain in his hand when he plays but the team ask him to play anyways. I personally think Danilo is soft. He didn't sound to thrilled about coming back. Milo's is probably done for the year unless the Clippers make the playoffs. I hope he comes back not holding my breath.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

He broke a bone in his hand. He uses his hand to shoot. When he shoots his hand hurts because it was broken.


Griffinforpresident
Clipper Starter
Posts: 538
votes: 7


Repped High Quality Post

Whenever there’s a mention of Gallo, I roll my eyes. That princess should be arrested for stealing money.


LAC_12
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 4017
Location: NYC/LA
votes: 31

Griffinforpresident wrote:
Whenever there’s a mention of Gallo, I roll my eyes. That princess should be arrested for stealing money.

Repped. Exactly how Ifeel


CLIPSET
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1211
votes: 6

You can pair Gallo and Beverly in a trade this offseason.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

Welp.

Really sucks. Sure seemed like his foot was bothering him the last couple of months, like he never was fully healed. Then while having his best game as a Clipper, this happens. Would love to see what he could do when healthy.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 12032

rp.gif
votes: 51

Paul George would look so much better in clippers uniform than Thunders. Too bad we have Galo’s albatross contract


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1091
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 7

If this is a chronic injury now then he is another player we don't need next year. We can't have glass players eating up valuable minutes and roster spots. With so many players on this team there will need to be a lot of deck clearing.


clipper*joe
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 19982
Location: los angeles
calif.gif
votes: 152


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 421
votes: 3

clipper*joe wrote:

Hopefully they limit his minutes so he doesn’t get injured again.


bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 936
votes: 8

LA_Clipper818 wrote:
Hopefully they limit his minutes so he doesn’t get injured again.
yeah, let's limit him to zero minutes.


clipperharry
Clipper Starter
Posts: 359
votes: 1

wrap him in bubble wrap and sit him, he doesn't deserve to play !! Please trade him Mr West !!!


Dirtydunks
Clipper Starter
Posts: 577
votes: 7

He can be our savior. On Easter weekend I say let us pray that he'll deliver us to the promised land. His sins will then be forgiven...if he can't deliver then dump him.


LA_Clipper818
Clipper Starter
Posts: 421
votes: 3

bballman wrote:
yeah, let's limit him to zero minutes.

Hahah seriously! Hopefully we find a way to get rid of his contract this summer. Dude is so fragile.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1407
votes: 18

Get rid of both of these guys


Mistwell3
Clipper Starter
Posts: 325
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 9

Do not get rid of Milos.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1546
votes: 9

Mistwell3 wrote:
Do not get rid of Milos.

I would rather trade Gallo and Beverly. Milos can play as starter and/or back up. I hope Knick will take Doc. I m fine with Austin under a new coach but not as a starter.


clippyclip
Clipper Starter
Posts: 691
votes: 12

Yeah Milos doesn’t have a chronic injury, it’s just an injury that takes a LONG time to recover from. Once he does he’ll be a solid contributor again.


cobra
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1546
votes: 9

deleted


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7592
votes: 53

clippyclip wrote:
Yeah Milos doesn’t have a chronic injury, it’s just an injury that takes a LONG time to recover from. Once he does he’ll be a solid contributor again.

He very well may have a chronic injury.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Milos/ Gallo Injury Update
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!