Clippers Moving to Inglewood

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Clippers News & General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7
 

Clippers will announced tomorrow that they are moving from Downtown LA to Inglewood.

I'm excited for us to get away from the Lakers & their not so bright fans. 2024 Very Happy


JoeClipplet
Clipper Starter
Posts: 407
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
votes: 1

I honestly think this is a fantastic idea!

We'll have the most state of the art stadium in all of American Sports... we'll help bring more money into LA... We'll help promote RAMS/Chargers while RAMS/Chargers will help promote us.

Honestly, this is a win/win...

Screw this "I think it's a bad idea because The Forum is so close" ... that's shortsighted thinking.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 13136
votes: 52

Yeah not sure what the Clippers can do with the current lease situation, but maybe something can be worked out. It'd be nice for sure for the Clippers to have their own arena- total control over everything in the building.


jarca
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11560

rp.gif
votes: 49

Screw that's I already like the downtown location. Already a lot of places to go before n after the game


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Not sure about this and I live in Inglewood. DTLA is the place to be right now and is only going to get better in a couple of years. Freeway access, metro rail a block away, bars, restaurants, clubs, etc... Maybe if the Forum wasn't renovated then a new arena would have the Clippers plus concerts. But you already have Staples, The Forum, The Pond in Anaheim, Hollywood Bowl, Microsoft Theater, etc.. For a place to be successful you have to have more than just the 41 home games


JoeClipplet
Clipper Starter
 Avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 407
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
votes: 1

Clemenza wrote:
Not sure about this and I live in Inglewood. DTLA is the place to be right now and is only going to get better in a couple of years. Freeway access, metro rail a block away, bars, restaurants, clubs, etc... Maybe if the Forum wasn't renovated then a new arena would have the Clippers plus concerts. But you already have Staples, The Forum, The Pond in Anaheim, Hollywood Bowl, Microsoft Theater, etc.. For a place to be successful you have to have more than just the 41 home games

Maybe I missed something, but with the Chargers & Rams being there generating a lot of buzz, during the downtime what's stopping Kroenke from renting out space for Concert Venues and everything else? I think that's his plan, to make this Stadium the PREMIERE destination for entertainment. I think he wants to compete directly with STAPLES.


Onetime
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 42
Location: Section 218
votes: 3

Ballmer will want to create his own vibe and product that can stand on its own merit... I predict somewhere in the west side or maybe near Universal. it will be amazing for sure.


JoeClipplet
Clipper Starter
Posts: 407
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
votes: 1

Onetime wrote:
Ballmer will want to create his own vibe and product that can stand on its own merit... I predict somewhere in the west side or maybe near Universal. it will be amazing for sure.

I can see your point, but honestly I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Ballmer wouldn't get as much exposure going somewhere other than the latest/greatest stadium attraction. How can you compete with a 2+ Billion dollar stadium and two of the newest/hottest teams coming to town?

In my opinion, you join forces and wide the wave. Make a business partner out of Kroenke.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16
JoeClipplet wrote:
Maybe I missed something, but with the Chargers & Rams being there generating a lot of buzz, during the downtime what's stopping Kroenke from renting out space for Concert Venues and everything else? I think that's his plan, to make this Stadium the PREMIERE destination for entertainment. I think he wants to compete directly with STAPLES.
I get what you're saying but there's only so many acts that can fill up an arena these days. Most artists on tour only can fill up clubs and theaters. Arenas are for the top A-List performers. Plus this new arena has to pull....


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Onetime wrote:
Ballmer will want to create his own vibe and product that can stand on its own merit... I predict somewhere in the west side or maybe near Universal. it will be amazing for sure.

Forget the westside.. If it isn't DTLA then a Hollywood location would be kinda sick. A 'Hollywood' alternate jersey would be insane!


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

I'm so excited that my Clippers are moving to Inglewood. 😄


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

I wondered if this talk had any legs to it.. looks like it did in a big way.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

I have spoken to the mayor of Inglewood via email. He confirmed it. They have to vote on it but it looks very likely a move to Inglewood. 😁


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52
Moving to "the Woods" is nuts. Traffic is crazy. Do any of you remember what the 405 was like when LAL were at the Forum?? La Tierja to Centenary was a parking lot.and so was Manchester There used to be a great fish market in Inglewood but other than that nothing. Inglewood can be dangerous. I worked there albeit 20+ years ago and you didn't want to walk the streets at night. Given the choice of seeing Guns and Roses at the Staples after they just shot up or seeing a 19 year old Santana in Inglewood I....


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52
I fuckiing hate computers and this one wont' accept my post I'm pretending that I have Tourette's Syndrome and maybe this piece of Sh*t will accept my post. .Moving to "the Woods" is nuts. Traffic is crazy. Do any of you remember what the 405 was like when LAL were at the Forum?? La Tierja to Century and Praire was a parking lot.and so was Manchester There used to be a great fish market in Inglewood but other than that nothing. Inglewood can be dangerous. I worked there albeit 20+ years ago and you didn't want to walk the....


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16
toohipcliptoslip wrote:
I fuckiing hate computers and this one wont' accept my post I'm pretending that I have Tourette's Syndrome and maybe this piece of Sh*t will accept my post. .Moving to "the Woods" is nuts. Traffic is crazy. Do any of you remember what the 405 was like when LAL were at the Forum?? La Tierja to Century and Praire was a parking lot.and so was Manchester There used to be a great fish market in Inglewood but other than that nothing. Inglewood can be dangerous. I worked there albeit 20+ years ago and you didn't want to walk the....


Snafu
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1009
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 7

Glad the team is getting their own digs. Now to fix their house on the inside. With Oakland being so dominant I don't see what the point of operating at max cap is for the near future. This is the time to retool and get control of the cap so that when the team does spend money it will not just be for the benefit of some player's wallet.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52
Clemenza wrote:
Things are starting to change in the Wood.. Gentrification is coming on full blast in the area. White folks want the area back so you can relax. You'll be alright on gamedays
The vast majority of black folks Latinos etc in Inglewood are decent people.but it takes only a few bad apples who are dangerous..There are also areas that are quite nice. I would prefer the Wood if you got rid of the thugs kept everything as it is and screw gentrification.I worked there during the Crip - Blood war and it was not safe anywhere but....


FreaKeyy
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 2161
Location: LA
votes: 16

Jeez, the 405 just got worse. All jokes aside, this is great for the Clippers. Ballmer has a vision about innovating the game experience, but he probably felt like Staples was holding that back. Now he can add all the new cool things he's been wanting to implement. Best of all is that he's financing the whole expense, so we LA people won't have to be worried about getting taxed.


WinningBasket
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7352

us.gif
votes: 15

Man, Ballmer has been tremendous with opening his massive checkbook, lol. So glad he owns the Clippers and wants to make it a great organization. Having our own arena is going to be awesome!


WinningBasket
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7352

us.gif
votes: 15

I really like this one aspect of having our own arena: shedding the last vestiges of the Sterling connection.


Anxioustobebest
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1223
votes: 1

Don't you guys realize that Inglewood rail transit is being built down Crenshaw North and South and Florence East/West that by the time said stadium is built these rail systems will ease the burden on 405. Also, there's allot of infrastructure going on, building of hospitals and businesses with road construction going on in this area. I do believe that Inglewood will surpass DTLA in the terms of entertainment. So this is a great move by Balmer.


JudahDub
Clipper Starter
Posts: 861
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 13

WinningBasket wrote:
Man, Ballmer has been tremendous with opening his massive checkbook, lol. So glad he owns the Clippers and wants to make it a great organization. Having our own arena is going to be awesome!

Yeah it's insane, he's positioning himself to do better than the Lakers which I highly admire. In the beginning it was more subtle, but now it's starting to really show. It's going to be hard to ever overtake the Lakers but it only really takes a couple of championships to have people jump on the bandwagon more. I know a lot of people hate it when people jump on the bandwagon but that is what its going to be about, and that is what Balmer wants.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Done deal. Inglewood has approved the Clippers to move & build an Arena 😄


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

JudahDub wrote:
Yeah it's insane, he's positioning himself to do better than the Lakers which I highly admire. In the beginning it was more subtle, but now it's starting to really show. It's going to be hard to ever overtake the Lakers but it only really takes a couple of championships to have people jump on the bandwagon more. I know a lot of people hate it when people jump on the bandwagon but that is what its going to be about, and that is what Balmer wants.

If you win, they will come.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Anxioustobebest wrote:
Don't you guys realize that Inglewood rail transit is being built down Crenshaw North and South and Florence East/West that by the time said stadium is built these rail systems will ease the burden on 405. Also, there's allot of infrastructure going on, building of hospitals and businesses with road construction going on in this area. I do believe that Inglewood will surpass DTLA in the terms of entertainment. So this is a great move by Balmer.

Everything you said was right on point except the bolded. At the rate DTLA is going it might even pass Hollywood in a few years as the premiere place to be to hangout in the LA area. And I'm talking about the complete package of restaurants, bars, lounges, nightclubs, hotels, shopping, museums, art, concerts, etc. Inglewood is coming up but it would take 30 years to catch DTLA. And it would take the entire city of Inglewood to transform itself and not just the boundaries of Manchester, Prairie, and Century Blvds.


Anxioustobebest
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1223
votes: 1

Clemenza wrote:
Everything you said was right on point except the bolded. At the rate DTLA is going it might even pass Hollywood in a few years as the premiere place to be to hangout in the LA area. And I'm talking about the complete package of restaurants, bars, lounges, nightclubs, hotels, shopping, museums, art, concerts, etc. Inglewood is coming up but it would take 30 years to catch DTLA. And it would take the entire city of Inglewood to transform itself and not just the boundaries of Manchester, Prairie, and Century Blvds.
There's going to be a surge of new residents in these areas. Living here, I've already seen more Whites in my area than before even at the gym I attend. So the racial makeup is about to change as more businesses move into area, higher property taxes more jobs. I think people are underestimating Inglewood and it's future rebuilding.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

Anxioustobebest wrote:
There's going to be a surge of new residents in these areas. Living here, I've already seen more Whites in my area than before even at the gym I attend. So the racial makeup is about to change as more businesses move into area, higher property taxes more jobs. I think people are underestimating Inglewood and it's future rebuilding.
I know. Huh? Lol. 😅


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Anxioustobebest wrote:
There's going to be a surge of new residents in these areas. Living here, I've already seen more Whites in my area than before even at the gym I attend. So the racial makeup is about to change as more businesses move into area, higher property taxes more jobs. I think people are underestimating Inglewood and it's future rebuilding.

I live in Inglewood as well. Its definitely changing and going to change even more. I can even see downtown Inglewood-Market Street becoming hipster friendly in a few years.. I see the NFL stadium, the casino which is up and running now, a couple of hotels, a few new bars and restaurants, a movie theater- this all on the Rams property. Definitely a premiere major entertainment hub in the metro area. But not on the scale of DTLA where I also explore from time to time which has: South Park/LA Live, Spring Street, Broadway, 7th Street, Dodger Stadium & Chinatown, Little Tokyo, The Arts District, Fashion District, City West(other side of the 110 freeway), parts of USC, etc.. all which are being built up simultaneously right now. I definitely get your vision but we would need the entire city of Inglewood, a part of Westchester, and Hawthorne to transform all at once to be on par with DTLA which is turning into a west coast mini Manhattan. But we'll have to see what things look like 15 years from now.


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

I have spoken to the mayor of Inglewood. He told me via email that the city of Inglewood have major plans in & around the general area of the Stadium & the Arena in the upcoming years & thereafter. I believe him. 😁


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52

Gentrification will have to happen in Inglewood if it is to become a cultural center. DTLA has The Broad Museum,The Dorothy Chandler. Ahmanson and Mark Taper., MOCA Walt Disney etc. There are nice upscale restaurants. It's near Japan Town which has a lot of interesting stuff Broad Museum and is one of the best places in the country to Hang Out. The lofts are real expensive. However Inglewood did support the Forum. Inglewood will never become a cultural center rivaling. DTLA because much of the city will have to be torn down. Now Inglewood will not attract people who can afford the opera. This will not affect the patronage by sports fans. The LA train is not the Metro. It will simultaneously suck and blow.

As I said, I hate gentrification BUT several blocks around the stadium may be torn down to support higher end business. This will be unfortunate because some people have lived in Inglewood for generations. They know each others' kids and are real. I live near Sawtlle. Jefferson and Sepulveda. Several years ago a group of investors tried to buy all the Mom and Pop businesses by doubling the rent.. They bribed somebody in City Government and the investors were able to break every zoning law there was. The zoning rules said only 2 stories and they were allowed to build 5. stories. Inglewoodians don't have the money to fight this .We beat it. Except for Cedars etc hospitals are having a hard time staying in the black.

I'm sure Balmer has figured it out and since much of the property is rental. all the landlords have to do is double the rent. Money Talks.look out. If you want a Cultural Center, this will happen

If the traffic is OK does any body know a BBQ place? Wet ribs!


realbull17
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3441
Location: realbull17
us.gif
votes: 7

There's alway someone starting problems. And that someone is The Forum. Bitching & complaining about this deal. I hope they don't take legal action to prevent the Clippers to move to Inglewood. They are mad at the Inglewood Mayor as well. Sad


Onetime
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 42
Location: Section 218
votes: 3

For guys like me who live out in the Burbs(IE) it is going to be a jump. Its going to be interesting to see...but I will still buy my season tickets and go to the games for sure.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52

There is little reason for the City to block the stadium. It gets increased tax revenue.I don't know what the price of a house but gentrification if it brings in business will increase tax revenue. What is the reason for the Forum to sue? I'm not a lawyer. Parking? Environmental impact? I'm sure Balmer has figured that out.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
There is little reason for the City to block the stadium. It gets increased tax revenue.I don't know what the price of a house but gentrification if it brings in business will increase tax revenue. What is the reason for the Forum to sue? I'm not a lawyer. Parking? Environmental impact? I'm sure Balmer has figured that out.

The Forum is in competition with Staples, The Pond, The Hollywood Bowl, etc for concerts and performances. A brand new sparkling arena literally down the street could possibly kill them business wise. Concert tours would be more inclined to perform in the new arena over The Forum. If it was a House Of Blues, theater, or club venue they would be alright but there's only so many artist these days that can fill up an entire arena so the pool is smaller and the competition is stiff among-st the big arenas in the area. They probably have to try to block the arena from being built.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52

PS. When is the only time a guy like Balmer won't stab you in the back? When he can cut your throat. Which is more important, recouping his money or making the fans happy? He has investors who don't care about LAC. They want a return on their investment. The Clips use the stadium 40 +days/yr. Clipps fans don't pay what LAL does.The venue probably will be a loser for a while because Byonce won't perform there like she would have when the forum was the only place in town. It will be a while till people with money decide to go to Inglewood. He has something figured out. Look for season tickets to go up.


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16
toohipcliptoslip wrote:
PS. When is the only time a guy like Balmer won't stab you in the back? When he can cut your throat. Which is more important, recouping his money or making the fans happy? He has investors who don't care about LAC. They want a return on their investment. The Clips use the stadium 40 +days/yr. Clipps fans don't pay what LAL does.The venue probably will be a loser for a while because Byonce won't perform there like she would have when the forum was the only place in town. It will be a while till people with money decide....


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

Coming up at the Forum in the coming months:

Lady Gaga- 2 nights

Garth Brooks-5 nights

Neil Diamond

J Cole

John Mayer

Eric Clapton- 4 nights

Matchbox 20

Korn

Slayer

Future

Marc Anthony

Bruno Mars- 4 nights

etc


Icecoldclipper
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 11768
votes: 29

Anxioustobebest wrote:
There's going to be a surge of new residents in these areas. Living here, I've already seen more Whites in my area than before even at the gym I attend. So the racial makeup is about to change as more businesses move into area, higher property taxes more jobs. I think people are underestimating Inglewood and it's future rebuilding.

This ticks me off to no end more business mean more never equals to more jobs for the people in the area. Bigger business will bring college students from around the inner city. The ones who lose it all get skid row.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52
No Sh*T.. D didn't know that. Point made. You keep saying white people with money. Why do want only white people? Do you have a problem people of color? I never mentioned race except to say that blacks latinos etc in Inglewood are decent and I prefer it to Beverly Hills. What is your thing about race? Money crosses racial boundaries. It is green. The only race is demographic and return on investment. Inglewood does not have good demographics.I think you are missing that point. If you were invest your life savings, would you invest in Inglewood or DTLA? Would you rather have bought a loft in DTLA 10 years ago and flipped it or a house in Inglewood 10 years ago and flipped it.? With one you'd be sitting pretty and with the other you'd be sucking hind t*t. The question was how does he lure big acts away from where ever DTLA or the Forum or wherever. but DTLA is more attractive to people of whatever color who have money. You cannot deny that. You are making my point. How can Balmer attract all of these acts to play at his stadium? His stadium will be a financial loser for a while He has to make a return on his investment from people whose race is green. Then there is Brand Recognition. Kleenex sells more snot rags than others because of brand recognition although other brands may hold more boogers. The Forum has brand recognition so do DTLA' s venues, which Balmer's stadium won't have for a while. The Fabulous Forum is an example- brand recognition,. Even though I was partly wrong you made my point.. Marketing and advertising costs will be huge. DTLA or the....


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16
Good lord.. was that 30 questions in one paragraph??? First of all I have nothing against any race. I am black myself and I live in Inglewood. And for the record I said "whites AND people with money" cause those are the buzz words that's usually associated with gentrification and a once frowned upon area that becomes hot and attractive to buyers who wouldn't consider buying, renting or even hanging out in such area. I'm a fan of DTLA but probably wouldn't buy anything down there. Yes The Forum and Staples have the name only because they've been around longer. But if Ballmer's new building is a sight to behold like I'm guessing it will be then he's definitely going to pull some business from those two venues for sure no matter how historic and well known they are. "People" with money of all races are already coming to Inglewood right now. The Forum is active and busy every other night. A sparkling sexy arena across the street from a new sparkling sexy football stadium are game changers. Who is not going to want to hang out there? And yeah the surrounding area will change- its already changing. Rents will sore higher, certain longtime locals will have to move and certain new faces will move in. Its gonna happen. IMO Ballmer's first move is to get the Ducks to ditch Anaheim and move in with him. I hear they want a new arena as well. If he can get the Ducks plus pull a few concerts/shows from Staples and the Forum he'll be in great shape right out the box. Why do you think The Forum officials are panicking at the news for a new arena down the street from them. They know.. a new grand palace for the gods could crush....


socaldubber
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 42
Location: Orange County
votes: 1

Fantastic news. Now all we have to do is win a Championship. Easy.


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52

We are basically saying the same thing. My only question was how does Balmer manage not to go too much in the red until his building gets off the ground. My answer was maybe by screwing the people in Inglewood especially if there is gentrification. There is significant profit in forcing the present residents out. Land lords can double or triple the rent. If you own a house and having a restaurant or other business on that lot will get the City more taxes they can take it by imminent domain. This is a great way for his investors to make $.

This almost happened in my city

Bend over Inglewood residents


socaldubber
Clipper D-League Pickup
Posts: 42
Location: Orange County
votes: 1

And we're getting free WiFi right?


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
We are basically saying the same thing. My only question was how does Balmer manage not to go too much in the red until his building gets off the ground. My answer was maybe by screwing the people in Inglewood especially if there is gentrification. There is significant profit in forcing the present residents out. Land lords can double or triple the rent. If you own a house and having a restaurant or other business on that lot will get the City more taxes they can take it by imminent domain. This is a great way for his investors to make $.

This almost happened in my city

Bend over Inglewood residents

But what does Ballmer have to do with the nearby neighborhood and overcharging residents if he doesn't own any properties(homes, apartments, businesses) in the area. The landlords who own the properties in the area will no doubt raise rents or sell high but I don't believe Ballmer owns any land in the area yet. Plus he's worth a reported $31 billion dollars. If he were to own apartment buildings what's an extra $200-400 bucks a month from a few tenants for a guy with $31 billion?? That's loose change under his couch. Also the land to which he's supposed to get only has a hotel and I believe a wherehouse and a auto body shop. There's no residential on that property where the Clippers arena is supposed to be. He basically has to try to get the Ducks to come over or/and steal some concert dates from Staples, The Forum, The Pond, etc. That's basically all he can do.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6748

us.gif
votes: 43
toohipcliptoslip wrote:
PS. When is the only time a guy like Balmer won't stab you in the back? When he can cut your throat. Which is more important, recouping his money or making the fans happy? He has investors who don't care about LAC. They want a return on their investment. The Clips use the stadium 40 +days/yr. Clipps fans don't pay what LAL does.The venue probably will be a loser for a while because Byonce won't perform there like she would have when the forum was the only place in town. It will be a while till people with money decide....


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52
I miss spoke a bit. Ballmer's venue will succeed but he may be in the red for a while. Rule #!1 in business use OPM to invest which means Other People's Money. Maybe he isn't doing this himself but he has friends who will invest in Inglewood real estate.. Investors will make BANK. I believe in conspiracy theories. Aliens killed Kennedy. First you get the renters out by increasing the rent. Somebody who pays for argument sake $500 cannot afford $2.000/month. You then build huge new structures. In my neighborhood they were going to tear down Mom and Pop stores and put in Beverly Hills type stores and five story expensive condos. Each building may have 10 condos. Because more affluent people live in the condos/apartments real estate values in the area will shoot through the roof. You are a landlord who owns a rental property with no mortgage. The area gentrifies and your equity doubles. You sell it buy another property cash and keep the rest. I think the profit made from real estate is not taxable if you reinvest it and the excess is Capital Gains, not income (I think) which is cheaper. Apartments will be $2,000/month plus. If the owners of the body shop won't sell the body shop, if Inglewood is like Culver City the City of Inglewood can take it away from the owner. In Culver City, if you have a property and it will make more in taxes for the City the City can seize it. They pay the Mom and Pop merchants who have been there 30 years very little.. If there is gentrification, the landlords will evict the present tenants by increasing the rent so they can't afford it. They tried this in Culver City. The landlords can then build houses in....


Clemenza
Clipper All-Star
Posts: 1176
votes: 16
TohipClip.. I agree and get everything you're saying and I'm fully aware of gentrification and how it works. I live in Inglewood, I've been to Harlem and Brooklyn, parts of Chicago, ATL etc.. The hoods there are going through the same thing that's happening in Inglewood, Culver City, and other parts of LA. All I'm just sayin that Ballmer and his former Microsoft billionaires are way beyond getting into the game of owning condos/property and over-pricing them for a million or two of profit. These are some of the richest men on the planet earth. The Clippers are a hobby for him. That's how rich he is. The Rams are a hobby to Kronke. Building a new stadium/arena is a new toy for super rich-1% guys like these. These tech billionaires were nerdy guys that struck gold. They didn't get down in the trenches 25 years ago on real estate deals where they started off with one apartment building or one house and flipped them and went on from there. Now if Ballmer was just worth like maybe $15-30 million he probably would get down on some condos and real estate in the area but at $31 BILLION and a tech guy, he doesn't really give a **** about small real estate. The only billionaire that still might get down on some slumlord sh*t for kicks would be Donald Sterling but even he claims he has people in charge of all his properties and when lawsuits come he claims to have no ideal on who his people rent or not rent out condos and apartment to. Another guy is Trump's son- in- law and his family. The Kushners, they're rich as hell, have thousands of rental properties, and still go after former and present tenants and taking them to court of petty....


toohipcliptoslip
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7451
votes: 52

Yes I detest gentrification. Yes I like Inglewood. We would be so much better off by improving the infrastructure in Inglewood rather than gentrifying it but don't get me started.


pageC4
CNS MVP X2
 Avatar
Posts: 6748

us.gif
votes: 43

toohipcliptoslip wrote:
Yes I detest gentrification. Yes I like Inglewood. We would be so much better off by improving the infrastructure in Inglewood rather than gentrifying it but don't get me started.
touchy subject. There are pros and cons to that situation. One can make a great argument for either


Options Quick Reply: RE: Clippers Moving to Inglewood
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!