Official Non-Clipper NBA Game Thread (P. 54)

Clippers News Surge Forum/Message Board » NBA Basketball Talk
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
cleepers
CNS MVP X3
 Avatar
Posts: 10981

us.gif
votes: 153

tense2 wrote:
Congrats on the smart bet mate. Here's hoping you get the payout. You know I've been on the still waiting end on some of those wagers. Sigh.

Most here didn't realize that the Warriors would be even better then last year with KD...except a very few.Wink The rational....chemistry problems, they lost too much supporting players to sign him, blah, blah, blah, lol.

Cheers, mate.

That extra 20% return on what the pros were offering was too good to pass up... assuming that the bettor will pay.

We'll see. So few gentlemen left in the world these days who would honor their bets. Shame.

Haven't heard from my contractual partner yet, though. Maybe he's just on vacation, and he's not a loud-mouthed, p*ssy welcher....

Like I say... we'll see.


bballman
Clipper Starter
Posts: 761
votes: 4

cleepers wrote:
Cheers, mate.

That extra 20% return on what the pros were offering was too good to pass up... assuming that the bettor will pay.

We'll see. So few gentlemen left in the world these days who would honor their bets. Shame.

Haven't heard from my contractual partner yet, though. Maybe he's just on vacation, and he's not a loud-mouthed, p*ssy welcher....

Like I say... we'll see.

cleepers, I sent you a couple of private messages. You WILL BE PAID.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

Cavs in 6. They'll split first four games. Game 5 Cleveland will don their lucky black sleeved jerseys and take it from there. If Golden State is hoping for KD to lead them, he's never done it before.


Silasie
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3596

uk.gif
votes: 7

I really don't know what is going to happen but am excited to see some competitive PO bball.

I hope the Cavs win!!!


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
Cavs in 6. They'll split first four games. Game 5 Cleveland will don their lucky black sleeved jerseys and take it from there. If Golden State is hoping for KD to lead them, he's never done it before.

Man o man, I wish you would have taken my bet, I could've had nice time spending that $, especially with that prediction. Now that's betting with your heart/emotions, LOL.


cleepers
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 10981

us.gif
votes: 153

bballman wrote:
cleepers, I sent you a couple of private messages. You WILL BE PAID.

Excellent!

I just sent a PayPal bill to the cellphone # you provided. Should be easy now.


cleepers
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 10981

us.gif
votes: 153

@bballman pays up. I just got a paypal deposit.

He honors his bets.

'twas a pleasure to do business with such a gentleman.

Thanks, bballman.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
Man o man, I wish you would have taken my bet, I could've had nice time spending that $, especially with that prediction. Now that's betting with your heart/emotions, LOL.

Lol! Still believe in King James, and that Warriors shooting percentage will drop considerably once they're in "win this game or else" situation (Game 5). They will need to overcome some form of adversity, let's see how they do.


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
Lol! Still believe in King James, and that Warriors shooting percentage will drop considerably once they're in "win this game or else" situation (Game 5). They will need to overcome some form of adversity, let's see how they do.

Keeping hope alive I see....I'm afraid you're going to need it, LOL.

We'll see what adjustments both teams make in game 2. Let's hope it 's a little more competitive for viewing sake.


Silasie
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3596

uk.gif
votes: 7

Silasie wrote:
I really don't know what is going to happen but am excited to see some competitive PO bball.

I hope the Cavs win!!!

Apologies for quoting myself. But when I said I was excited to see some competitive PO basketball I clearly spoke to soon. Cavs need to get their act together.


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

The Cavs better at least win one at home or it's going to be over rather quickly.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
The Cavs better at least win one at home or it's going to be over rather quickly.

Still haven't seen anything I didn't see last year. I'll be the first to admit that with a 3-0 lead it's over. Still, everyone knows that 4th win against the Cavs is the hardest to get Smile


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
Still haven't seen anything I didn't see last year. I'll be the first to admit that with a 3-0 lead it's over. Still, everyone knows that 4th win against the Cavs is the hardest to get Smile

Well, that guy Durant is playing pretty good, lol, so we'll see. I think that 4th win is going to easier then you think. Like I said, Cleveland better show up in game 3 or....


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

think series goes back to GS 3-1, Cavs will take it tonight, Game 4 will probably be too much to handle


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

Hope NBA stars are watching these FInals and decide to make another super team somewhere. This is so boring.


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
think series goes back to GS 3-1, Cavs will take it tonight, Game 4 will probably be too much to handle

This is your best prediction so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors sweep. Wink


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
Hope NBA stars are watching these FInals and decide to make another super team somewhere. This is so boring.

If only it was the Clippers it wouldn't be so boring, lol.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
If only it was the Clippers it wouldn't be so boring, lol.

Saw a report Lebron suspected to come to Clippers in 2018 😁

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246183/Sources-Consider-Lakers-Cl ippers-Viable-Destinations-For-LeBron-James-In-2018


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

Warriors should win game 5, if not they're in deep s***


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
Warriors should win game 5, if not they're in deep s***

Not really. The Cavs are neck deep in sh!t, lol. Their only hope is if one or two of the Warriors stars gets injured.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
Not really. The Cavs are neck deep in sh!t, lol. Their only hope is if one or two of the Warriors stars gets injured.

That would certainly help. If Curry and Durant show their renowned "closing skills," that bodes well for CLE too Smile


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
That would certainly help. If Curry and Durant show their renowned "closing skills," that bodes well for CLE too Smile

Didn't bodied too well for Cleveland so far.

BTW, the Fat Lady is already singing. Wink


WinningBasket
CNS MVP X2
Posts: 7352

us.gif
votes: 15

Well, the Cavs put up a good fight, but the Warriors were just too damn powerful. KD was amazing. Sad the Cavs lost, but actually happy that both Matt Barnes and Willie Green will get their championship rings.


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

Congrats to the Warriors. Durant and the boys just too good for everyone else. Historically a great team.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
Congrats to the Warriors. Durant and the boys just too good for everyone else. Historically a great team.

They wanted to avoid competition, and that's what they did. Not about to congratulate them on that. At the same rate I'm not gonna congratulate a bunch of college level talent destroying subpar amateurs at the YMCA. The NBA is fostering a legacy of an unbelievably, unentertaining, top heavy league with minimal competition, if any. Congratulations? Why?


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
They wanted to avoid competition, and that's what they did. Not about to congratulate them on that. At the same rate I'm not gonna congratulate a bunch of college level talent destroying subpar amateurs at the YMCA. The NBA is fostering a legacy of an unbelievably, unentertaining, top heavy league with minimal competition, if any. Congratulations? Why?

Hmmm....did you congratulate the recent Olympic gold metal winners in BB? Wink

Whatever, still got to play the games as nothing is guaranteed. It sounds like sour grapes (your prediction... the Cavs in 6) or a personal problem, lol.

Congrats are still in order IMHO.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
Hmmm....did you congratulate the recent Olympic gold metal winners in BB? Wink

Whatever, still got to play the games as nothing is guaranteed. It sounds like sour grapes (your prediction... the Cavs in 6) or a personal problem, lol.

Congrats are still in order IMHO.

Your Olympics comparison doesn't make sense.

So if King James and Paul George sign minimum contracts to win another for GS, are congrats in order? Congrats are for accomplishments - things that are difficult, require overcoming adversity, pushing yourself further than you thought possible - Not taking the path of least resistance.

From basketball operations point of view, my hat goes off to them. Their job is to make the best team possible, and they did it through the draft and player acquisitions. They were incredible and deserve respect.

As for the core players - Curry and Draymond - immediately reaching out to KD once they hit an obstacle, not to mention KD himself having enough talent to win but not the patience to work for it by overcoming his rival GS, doesn't deserve respect in my opinion. They are cowards.

They didn't face one challenge, and that was by their own choice. Bravo. What an inspiration, lol


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
Your Olympics comparison doesn't make sense.

So if King James and Paul George sign minimum contracts to win another for GS, are congrats in order? Congrats are for accomplishments - things that are difficult, require overcoming adversity, pushing yourself further than you thought possible - Not taking the path of least resistance.

From basketball operations point of view, my hat goes off to them. Their job is to make the best team possible, and they did it through the draft and player acquisitions. They were incredible and deserve respect.

As for the core players - Curry and Draymond - immediately reaching out to KD once they hit an obstacle, not to mention KD himself having enough talent to win but not the patience to work for it by overcoming his rival GS, doesn't deserve respect in my opinion. They are cowards.

They didn't face one challenge, and that was by their own choice. Bravo. What an inspiration, lol

My Olympics comparison has to do with fielding a all-star team every 4 years against weaker competition, but congratulations are still in order when they bring home the gold.Wink

If this was the Clippers I'm pretty damn sure you'd be singing a different fan song, lol.

I'm lucky to have lived long enough to see some historical great teams in the sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties and now the Warriors. I congratulate and respect all of them no matter how they were put together. No cowards in my mind.

Oh well, your mind set is what it is.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
My Olympics comparison has to do with fielding a all-star team every 4 years against weaker competition, but congratulations are still in order when they bring home the gold.Wink

If this was the Clippers I'm pretty damn sure you'd be singing a different fan song, lol.

I'm lucky to have lived long enough to see some historical great teams in the sixties, eighties, nineties and now the Warriors. I congratulate and respect all of them no matter how they were put together. No cowards in my mind.

Oh well, your mind set is what it is.

The Olympics are a showcase of the best players possible from each country, hand-picked by a basketball operations staff. We congratulate the players for doing their job and representing their country to the best of their ability. That is different from the NBA.

If it was for the Clippers, I absolutely would support what those players did. I'm a fan, I want my team to win. Kevin Durant is free to do what he wants, it's called free agency. While it's accepted, does not mean it deserves respect from everyone.

By the way, just saw a person take the elevator when they were more than capable of taking the stairs, I think I'll congratulate them Wink


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
The Olympics are a showcase of the best players possible from each country, hand-picked by a basketball operations staff. We congratulate the players for doing their job and representing their country to the best of their ability. That is different from the NBA.

If it was for the Clippers, I absolutely would support what those players did. I'm a fan, I want my team to win. Kevin Durant is free to do what he wants, it's called free agency. While it's accepted, does not mean it deserves respect from everyone.

By the way, just saw a person take the elevator when they were more than capable of taking the stairs, I think I'll congratulate them Wink

Well, this conversation is going around in circles. I guess the champs will just have to do without your respect. Too bad for them, lol.

Man I wish you would have taken my bet, particularly after your bold prediction of the Cavs in 6. Your the kind of gentleman I love taking $ from.Smile

BTW, your analogy lacks imagination. Wink....nice try though.


sz123456
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3340
votes: 24

tense2 wrote:
Well, this conversation is going around in circles. I guess the champs will just have to do without your respect. Too bad for them, lol.

Man I wish you would have taken my bet, particularly after your bold prediction of the Cavs in 6. Your the kind of gentleman I love taking $ from.Smile

BTW, your analogy lacks imagination. Wink....nice try though.

As I wish I would've taken your bet for the 2016 Finals Smile

My son just listened to a book on tape instead of reading it, congratulations are in order.


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

sz123456 wrote:
As I wish I would've taken your bet for the 2016 Finals Smile

My son just listened to a book on tape instead of reading it, congratulations are in order.

Perfect hindsight for someone that won't bet, but likes to talk it up a lot, lol.

Maybe the same thing can now happen to the Clippers as it did for your son and those cowards up north.Wink

Oh and your analogy is getting worse...do they still have books on tape, lol.

Let's stop with this now, I think we both made our points. Cheers.


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

What a awful injury to Hayward. Very tough loss for the Celtics.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 12855
votes: 49

Interesting to see CP3 benched during crunch time against the Warriors.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 12855
votes: 49

Wow what a crazy ending. KD did not get that shot off on time, so Houston wins. Former Clippers Luc & Eric Gordon having much bigger impacts than CP.


david
Site Admin
Posts: 12855
votes: 49

Apparently Harden is saying CP had a knee issue, so that was likely why he didn't play down the stretch.


Silasie
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3596

uk.gif
votes: 7

I just watched the highlights of the 2 opening games. Two very exciting games by the looks of it. E Gordon and D Rose turning back the clocks to have good games.


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

david wrote:
Apparently Harden is saying CP had a knee issue, so that was likely why he didn't play down the stretch.

And the coach confirmed that was the reason why he wasn't in the game in the last 4+ mins.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2105 ... iors-bench


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

david wrote:
Wow what a crazy ending. KD did not get that shot off on time, so Houston wins. Former Clippers Luc & Eric Gordon having much bigger impacts than CP.

More points yes, but 11 asst with only 1 T.O., 8 rebounds and 2 steals is nothing to sneeze at, lol. And all that on a gimpy knee.


Roj
Clipper Starter
Posts: 617
Location: Manchester, UK
uk.gif
votes: 1

tense2 wrote:
What a awful injury to Hayward. Very tough loss for the Celtics.

That really is horrendous, got to feel for the guy.

Dreadful start for the Celtics 0-2.


Clippersfan86
CNS MVP Champion
Posts: 17023
votes: 95

basketball is for dudes who like dudes


tense2
CNS MVP X3
Posts: 14209
votes: 32

Looks like Memphis just handed Houston their 1st loss...in their house. Memphis surprising some people early.


Roj
Clipper Starter
Posts: 617
Location: Manchester, UK
uk.gif
votes: 1

^Amazing start for the Grizzlies really. Who would have expected them to beat both Golden State and Houston?


Snafu
Clipper Starter
Posts: 853
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 2

Hmm, Grizzlies do it again against the Rockets. They may be for real.


Roj
Clipper Starter
Posts: 617
Location: Manchester, UK
uk.gif
votes: 1

And the Lakers do it against the Grizzlies.

The world has gone crazy.


Snafu
Clipper Starter
Posts: 853
Location: Los Angeles
votes: 2

Good to see that someone out of the east can go toe-to-toe against the Warriors. Even sans Hayward. Stevens is a helluva coach.


Silasie
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3596

uk.gif
votes: 7

Snafu wrote:
Good to see that someone out of the east can go toe-to-toe against the Warriors. Even sans Hayward. Stevens is a helluva coach.

Jaylen Brown had quite a game!


Silasie
CNS MVP X1
Posts: 3596

uk.gif
votes: 7

CP3 back from injury.


Silasie
CNS MVP X1
 Avatar
Posts: 3596

uk.gif
votes: 7

just watched the highlights of the Bucks Cavs game. Exciting.

Bledsoe looks looks like he's settling in.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Official Non-Clipper NBA Game Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Follow our Clippers Rumors RSS Feed, the LA Clippers News RSS feed, and the Clippers Forum RSS feed to get the newest updated Clippers News and Trade Rumors plus Clippers Game update in your RSS/XML reader!